running=bunnyhopping?

Onumbra

6 hours ago, Mór-Ríoghain said:

who cares bro people always try and police the dumbest shit ever how about tackling the rampant ooc toxicity, metagaming, and dming

Yeah it all stems from that originally - most people are not ROLE-playing but just playing their irl avatar or something something. Those OOC circles are quite visible. But I guess one step at a time. 

• Upvote 2

While a stamina system isn't necessarily a bad idea, it won't really solve the problem, if we can call it that. People who sprint everywhere would just deplete their stamina, walk or jog until it's filled up, and sprint again. At the end of the day, it comes down to where in the spectrum of "heavy realism" people want to roleplay, and there's no policing that, especially on cases as isolated as players running around when they're alone or when there happens to be one or two players who see them.

I understand the complaint, and it does break my immersion when I just see people running around everywhere. Is it kind of weird to get on your car to drive ten meters? Yeah. But ultimately, it's a mild problem in comparison to some of the other things admins are currently working on, and I think the only real result you'd get out of banning unrealistic sprinting would be people getting pissed off or finding some IC reason to justify it which you can't really argue against. It's basically punching the air, and there are more tangible things to punch.

Considering all the different people roleplaying at diffferent "realism levels," all you can do is play however you enjoy playing and try to engage with players who also enjoy roleplaying like that. For the more tangible problems that may break the game, there's the game rules.

If, as a community, we wanted to generally elevate the grade of realism of the roleplay in the server for all players, I think that'd be a different discussion entirely.

Edited by Frostquill