GTA VI Trailer just dropped

Astralsomnia

9 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Gotta agree with the majority of this, though there is NO TECHNICAL reason for Rock* to delay the PC launch in 2023 when hundreds of other games launch on all platforms without many quality issues. The only reason is greed, pure and simple.

I mean, the technical reason is that ports take time. Some games like RD1 won't ever come to PC outside of emulators, because the devs of RD1 even pointed out they have no idea how they even got the game working on xbox. Windows uses a totally different operating system than Xbox or Playstation, you have to basically recompile the entire game, and might even have to recode certain bits. At least art assets can be transferred pretty easily.

16 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

Gotta agree with the majority of this, though there is NO TECHNICAL reason for Rock* to delay the PC launch in 2023 when hundreds of other games launch on all platforms without many quality issues. The only reason is greed, pure and simple.

Never played a shitty console port to PC have you? 😂

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

Never played a shitty console port to PC have you? 😂

A few you can't avoid the turds sometimes but that's why I check YouTube for reviews before making a decision (and why I avoided Last of us Part I when it got ported), but there's also plenty of good ports.

1 hour ago, Astralsomnia said:

I mean, the technical reason is that ports take time. Some games like RD1 won't ever come to PC outside of emulators, because the devs of RD1 even pointed out they have no idea how they even got the game working on xbox. Windows uses a totally different operating system than Xbox or Playstation, you have to basically recompile the entire game, and might even have to recode certain bits. At least art assets can be transferred pretty easily.

That's a copout imho, Xboxes and Playstations are basically mini pcs with watered down hardware. Companies that are infinitely smaller in resources and size compared to Rock*, teams of a few dozen people manage multiplatform releases without issues. The game probably isn't too far off entering it's polish phase if Rock* are comfortable giving a release date for something they've kept secret for so long. They've got the best part of 2 years there's NO REASON they can't it at the same time, they want to double dip. Pure n' simple my friend.

Edited by Moonsong
On 12/6/2023 at 7:17 PM, Astralsomnia said:

With all the money and the time that Rockstar had to develop the game, they have no excuse to delay the PC release after the console version