[Bussinesses] QOL Update on Advertisement and Blips

Detailed Description: Currently we have businesses that are open for few hours and we are placing advertisements with blips more than 4 times. I've noticed that every time we need to place new /bad we need to do /badname and /badtext all over again. I know you can copy paste this, but there are businesses who do not change the text and name of the business at all. Not sure if saving this in the database will be a big trouble, but I just decided to suggest this to be kept in the database until changed by the business owner.

I know that there are multiple managers in a business, so to avoid any confusion between managers there can be a simple command added like /badcheck which will display the current Bad Text and Bad Name.

In addition to the above, when /bad expires and the Blip is removed from the map there is no notification showing at all in your chat. I''ve found myself really busy with roleplay situations and most of the times I am not looking over my map to check if the blip has expired. It would be a good addition if we receive notification in the chat that let's us know about tha /bad expiry.

Relevant Commands/Items: /badtext  /badname /badcheck

How will it benefit the server? All of the suggestions in the thread are really smal QOL updates that will let players focus more on their roleplay, even if its not that much. It will save us time from tabbing out, finding the /badtext and /badname, going back in the game, doing the commands and then posting the /bad, while keeping in mind that we may be in a roleplay situation which required our attention. When it comes to the notification for /bad expiry, I really think it's self explanatory.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
29 minutes ago, vinar said:

I've noticed that every time we need to place new /bad we need to do /badname and /badtext all over again. I know you can copy paste this, but there are businesses who do not change the text and name of the business at all.

To get around this, you can do /ads > "Post advertisements" and fill it out there, making sure you thick "business ad" > Click on "post advertisement"... After that, all you need to do is /bad and it will keep posting it without you having to edit anything.

29 minutes ago, vinar said:

In addition to the above, when /bad expires and the Blip is removed from the map there is no notification showing at all in your chat. I''ve found myself really busy with roleplay situations and most of the times I am not looking over my map to check if the blip has expired. It would be a good addition if we receive notification in the chat that let's us know about tha /bad expiry.

But +1 for this.

Edited by Summertime
40 minutes ago, Suraru said:

I've never had to badtext and badname again, I just /bad every 30m or so and it saves everything.

At least until, I'm opening again the next day, in which case I just copy paste the text I'm using, which I keep saved on a document.

Strange, this was not the case for me the last time I opened. I had to do /badtext and /badname before each /bad

@Summertime Does this save for specific amount of time or it is permanent? I guess when you relog it's gone?

Edited by vinar
42 minutes ago, Summertime said:

When you relog or changechar it's gone, but it stays as long as you are on that character.

Alright, thanks for mentioning that. Still my suggestion goes on to let this save for more time, it would help a bit businesses with a lot of managers when it is not saved locally. It is just a small step towards improving the system overall for the long run.

14 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

/badtext, /badname and /badblip should be locally stored until you changechar, log out, or your client crashes. In light of this, I'm not sure if this suggestion is necessary.

I am however going to +1 this, on the premise that it doesn't weigh too heavily on the server.

Of course, everything in my suggestion is based on "only if it doesn't overload the server". Thanks for the input.

• Upvote 1