[TECH] Looking for support as I experience fps drop/stutter over time.

Stimo

Hello all, 

Firstly thank you for any help provided. Secondly please see my setup below;

oI5Rt6y.png

So basically what happens is I'll load into the game and everything will be fine, getting 120-130 FPS and then about 80-100 FPS in interiors, but after about 30mins-1hour of playing a stuttering will happen and if I swipe my mouse left to right continuously I will go down to <20 fps and it'll jump up and down. It's noticeable when walking around as well and it won't stop until I restart the game.

Any ideas? I've tried a bunch of fixes found on this forum and through Google but I can't seem to crack it.

• Upvote 1

RAGE is pretty much horrifically optimised, have you tried lowering your settings to medium and disabling the CEF Rendering? 

Also, make sure that your reflections are not on ultra / very high. Various interiors use lots of lights which can often cause lots of reflections to be created and thus, causing a huge FPS drop for a lot of people, even on overkill systems like yours. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for your responses. I'm struggling to be convinced that this is a in game setting as for the first hour everything runs amazingly, it's not until that, roughly, 1 hour mark that everything goes to.. well.. shit, then a restart of the game fixes it.

What I will try the next time it happens is disabling Reshade and see if that has an impact. 

@Nicola that's interesting to know, as horrid as it sounds, hopefully I'm not alone with this problem as it makes me feel better that its not something with my setup! I'll do some more digging and see what I can find. I've chopped and changed so many things so far that I've actually lost track!

1 hour ago, Stimo said:

Thanks all for your responses. I'm struggling to be convinced that this is a in game setting as for the first hour everything runs amazingly, it's not until that, roughly, 1 hour mark that everything goes to.. well.. shit, then a restart of the game fixes it.

What I will try the next time it happens is disabling Reshade and see if that has an impact. 

@Nicola that's interesting to know, as horrid as it sounds, hopefully I'm not alone with this problem as it makes me feel better that its not something with my setup! I'll do some more digging and see what I can find. I've chopped and changed so many things so far that I've actually lost track!

Probably worth checking your CPU usage and that kind of thing when it does start to lag, just look at if RAGE specifically is spiking your usage or if there's any background processes interfering in some way.

• Upvote 1