[TECH] Looking for support as I experience fps drop/stutter over time.

Stimo

I have started to notice this too.  I feel like it's a rageMP bug.  Sometimes there is really strange lag, like if you're walking and move the camera to change direction, there is about a 1-2 second delay (normally it's very smooth).  And if I rapidly move the mouse around there will be these stutters.  This is in places where normally everything is very smooth.  FPS in interiors has also dropped recently.

Edited by Paenymion

Can speak from my own experience disbaling the typical laptop bloatware (McAfee, Norton, Etc) helped a lot, as it occupied lots of RAM and also prevented Rage from working properly.

Atop that, as mentioned above cooler temperatures helped a lot as well, using compressed air to blow out my fans and heatsinks have led me to once again have a smooth experience.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 6:39 PM, Stimo said:

Hey, thanks all for offering your ideas but I believe I may have fixed it.
I came across a fix late last night and thought I'd try it out.. I've done one test so far and it seems to have fixed my issue.

The fix was turning my mouse polling rate down from 1000Hz to 250Hz.. Right? Weird. I think the addition of the new GPU may be working the CPU more than it used to so when the mouse wanted to speak to the CPU, it couldn't grab whatever it needed.. 

Now I've only tested it once and lasted just over an hour so I'll do some more testing, but that change helped a lot!

can you explain how do I change my mouse polling rate to 250hz?

This might sound weird and might not work at all, but whenever I log in and I'm experiencing texture loss and lag, I open task manager and usually find a process called RAGE MP UI Sub Process that runs separate of the group processes of RAGEMP, terminating it doesn't affect anyting in my experience and stops the lag for me:

The processes group

screenshot-921.png

The single process you should stop:

screenshot-921.png

It sometimes continues running even after I quit RAGEMP

3 hours ago, Supernova said:

This might sound weird and might not work at all, but whenever I log in and I'm experiencing texture loss and lag, I open task manager and usually find a process called RAGE MP UI Sub Process that runs separate of the group processes of RAGEMP, terminating it doesn't affect anyting in my experience and stops the lag for me:

The processes group

screenshot-921.png

The single process you should stop:

screenshot-921.png

It sometimes continues running even after I quit RAGEMP

I have like 13 x UI Sub-Process and when I stopped them my chat in the game is gone and can't even use GTA:W interface or anything at all. Its just iike single player game but Im actually on the server

23 minutes ago, Husar said:

I have like 13 x UI Sub-Process and when I stopped them my chat in the game is gone and can't even use GTA:W interface or anything at all. Its just iike single player game but Im actually on the server

It's the one that is not in the sub-process group, it pops up outside of it