Why do police ignore any non action related call? What can be done to prevent it?

PeopleKind

1 minute ago, Jolagh said:

Wouldn't it just pull from the existing player base? So dilute PD/SD/SAPR and security companies? With little benefit?

In an ideal circumstance, I'd say CHP would take SAPR's place in it's entirety. But that would also, effectively, take SASR and replace it with a faction that isn't handicapped to hell and back. Anyone who's spent any time in the Rangers will tell you how.

1. Unless specifically requested, SAPR cars can't enter the city limits unless lead there via vehicle pursuit.

2. Often times get thrown between being allowed to patrol outside of the Parks or not

3. Lacks any investigative units

4. Deals with the OOC roadblock of being a 'Parks' faction, which means no one takes them seriously.

1 minute ago, Inked said:

Other servers that have had 3 LEO factions with a fraction of the playerbase were evidently not that good — because there's clearly a reason they had a fraction of the playerbase GTAW has. I really like the idea of SAHP, I do, but I don't see it viable without more GTAW success at least, personally.

We had a fraction of the player base because the games we played on had a 200 player server hard-cap. The world isn't GTARP,  and the vast majority of RP communities don't have nearly as much consistent population as this server does. You're suffering from a first world problem.

9 minutes ago, Inked said:

But there in lies the point — a third full-scale faction is far too much for a server of our size. It is already too much with the factions we have - and as a game world that exists as small as ours, there's no truly justifiable reason to have a fully fledged faction that will ultimately compete with the other 2 LEO factions for content. There doesn't need to be a 3rd shade of LEO with it's own SWAT teams and detective units and what have you when the reality is; there isn't enough actionable content to make it truly viable.

As someone who led in SD's Detective Division, there really is not as much content for LEOs and investigators that is worth anything to pursue. Partially due to the way certain script mechanics work that prevent some potential LEO work from being continued, and in part simply because there isn't enough of it going down. 

Other servers that have had 3 LEO factions with a fraction of the playerbase were evidently not that good — because there's clearly a reason they had a fraction of the playerbase GTAW has. I really like the idea of SAHP, I do, but I don't see it viable without more GTAW success at least, personally.

while i respect ur experience n opinion i don’t agree we’d have any issues with having sahp come to fruition, there’s an excess of shenanigans ongoing both in the county and city 

4 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

while i respect ur experience n opinion i don’t agree we’d have any issues with having sahp come to fruition, there’s an excess of shenanigans ongoing both in the county and city 

it's going to divide the already thin pool of players between lssd, lspd and sapr, please let's just not.

Let's make SAHP and have them only respond to non-action calls as a nice balance that will fit in with the lore and also provide roleplay to the community.

I write this comment knowing entirely that SAHP will never exist in this community.

Anyway, it's an idea 🙂

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, radreaper100 said:

sahp would have zero issue finding people lol, highway patrol is the most sought after faction 

Yeah the only people I've heard regularly talking about SAHP with any kind of hype are exclusively LEO RPers, sorry.

3 hours ago, ThatMuricanGuy said:

SAHP would just lead to elitism and strongarming the other LEO factions because Staties... (If you need me to go into more detail about how a state agency is bad for investigative roleplay and scene management I can go on.) 

Also, non-emergency calls are more fun. You can't change my mind. 

Evidence: https://streamable.com/bduv6m

sasp is a state agency n doesnt do that

sanfire is a state agency n doesnt do that

idk about that claim chief

5 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

sasp is a state agency n doesnt do that

sanfire is a state agency n doesnt do that

idk about that claim chief

Not for lack of trying at some point or another (as someone who has been a part of both) lmao, they were just too niche to have the required push.

1 hour ago, Koko said:

Yeah the only people I've heard regularly talking about SAHP with any kind of hype are exclusively LEO RPers, sorry.

Why would illegal RPers even care about this lol

A cop is a cop at the end of the day to them.

It's like me, being solely a legal faction roleplayer, talking about the different mexican gangs and how one should be implemented and one shouldn't. it's all criminals to me at the end of the day. Know your audience!!

• Gore locked this topic