General Morale - An Improvement Thread

sixchar

I think people need to be more nice to each other and work things out without admins stepping in / forum reporting each other. There's a lot of people that genuinely just get off by getting people in trouble or generally causing ooc issues. 

Just be nice, OK? 

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Defiant said:

The Mafia who is supposed to be an integral part of GTA in general? It has been deemed "unrealistic", yet people fail to realize that LCN factions typically have very high standards, and they're involved both in legal and illegal RP. Point out another concept that is as involved in illegal RP as legal, there isn't.

Wait, the mafia has been deemed unrealistic here? Serious?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Wiphyz said:

Wait, the mafia has been deemed unrealistic here? Serious?

The reasoning I've heard regularly is that that the Italian Mafia doesn't have enough of a presence on the west coast to be authentic to what's supposed to be a recreation of Los Angeles.

This was also probably the reason why the mafia factions on the LC servers were some of the most active, people really wanted to get back into things.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Barbary said:

The reasoning I've heard regularly is that that the Italian Mafia doesn't have enough of a presence on the west coast to be authentic to what's supposed to be a recreation of Los Angeles.

This was also probably the reason why the mafia factions on the LC servers were some of the most active, people really wanted to get back into things.

I haven't had time to go through all the open factions, but do all/most of them fall under the "enough of a presence on the west coast to be authentic" category? I feel like the LCN factions were some of the better quality RP on this server. That's a shame. Seems closed-minded to me to close that off.

Edited by Wiphyz
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
On 8/21/2023 at 1:24 AM, Galactus said:

I dont like talking for too long about something, so i'll dot point the pros and cons objectively and state a summary.

Pros

- Semi able to create interesting rp, dependant on scripts

- Easy start for new people financially

- IF you find good people, RP can be fun

- Some options for employment outside of bartender/clerk rp

- Current new easy lease system on offices/mall

- Constant development which isnt appreciated enough, even if with a few bugs

- Admin, who essentially work for free and deal with a lot of BS, myself on occassion included

- People are usually pretty happy to help with new players not knowing commands etc

Cons

- Established group cliques in a lot of places

- Very odd justifications made on characters and some weird justifications on "high earner" jobs that don't coincide with reality, but then some that do make sense, being denied certain things

- More crime than South Africa or Brazil

- People starting fights for no reason in almost all businesses or car meets is not realistic

- Current state of illegal RP is basically a justification to be shitty to others for some mild enjoyment

- Stating realism, then not including laws or other realistic things that exist in LA

- Some growing number dont RP things that are inconvenient to their play to win, protagonist mentality

The server as stated brings me back on nostalgia. In 2021 the server was arguably better as even in Davis neighbourhoods, people commited crimes youd expect and not every second person drove a black car with a mask ID.

I have noticed a decline in legal RPers due to the harrassment that is unrealistic and damaging.

If i didnt enjoy RPing with a group of people, id not have stayed as long. Its the people, not necessarily the server that keeps me coming back.

This.

• Upvote 1
On 8/21/2023 at 5:59 AM, DLimit said:

My responses are pretty vague, for now:

1. Roleplay that can be immersive and deep, something that I haven't heavily experienced since early 2021, with some minor exceptions in 2022.

2. The excessive amount of murders and robberies. I am not against murders and robberies, but it is excessive. Anyone screaming that reducing murders and robberies "kills RP" should have seen how deep illegal R.P. used to be without having to rob and murder someone every day or week.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. And that's coming from someone who took a looooong way to appreciate criminal rp. The way I see it, we may argue and bicker and call each other names. But we should never hate each other over a game, cause we are a community. And we need to improve this. The divide between legal VS illegal got smaller recently and fact is, there should be none. People shouldn't faction bash honestly. if there's an issue there's LFM/IFM for it. Or potentially RPQM. And honestly....

I was one of the biggest critics of high crime rate and constant robberies. But it wasn't until I started spending more time outside, that I saw, that it's simply not true. I sat on a bench whole day once, not one STX rolled around. Another time I barely spawned in a garage, when I was met with a gun. It depends on many factors. (Ofc that garage incident was a rulebreak, cause it was a resident garage supposed to be locked). But that's how it is. If you are robbed or not, it depends on many factors. Not just if you are outside or not. 

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1

The main reason I have spent a large amount of time on the server during the last two years at least (been a member since 2017) is down to the fact I can continue doing what I enjoy the most - DJing. Being a DJ is something I have done IRL for a significant period of time, and while Carl Medina is a very exaggerated version of my inner DJ, GTAW allows me to continue to feed my own creativity, not just with DJing, but across the stories of the multiple characters I currently play.

• Upvote 4

The server's admins seem more intent on punishing someone for ''speaking out of line'' and other such power trips ( " Respect my authoritah " ) than they do for actual rulebreaks that ruin the server/scene for everyone. So my opinion of it is pretty poor presently.

The crime rate is ridiculous, the allowance people who straight up abuse commands to 'win' at roleplay is through the roof. There isn't much good going on right now.

• Upvote 1

The server is bland, tasteless, inconsistent and unoriginal to its worldbuilding and faction creation.

I’ve mostly been in the legal faction circle, but its always been plagued by micromanaging admins who manage every detail of a large legal faction. Often admonishing leadership to the point where most legal factions are barely led. They don’t have the freedom for creative actions. And any major change must be approved by LFM, management and any admin who “disagrees” over any detail. Playing in legal factions is bland and boring. It gives this air of negativity whenever people interact with legal factions because most have major issues that simply can’t be addressed by their leadership, who are so afraid of being coup’d or removed on a whim by management, they simply don’t.

Its unfortunately a reality with a vast chunk of the server. I’d love to see the server actually become a sandbox for creative concepts, ideas and characters.

But that just ain’t happening right now. Its boring.

• Upvote 9