General Morale - An Improvement Thread

sixchar

What keeps me interested in RP is how invested I am in my character.

I'm constantly tyring to develop him and see it as a sort of movie, if that makes sense? Just adding new chapters constantly and trying to mold him into a unique and interested character. Also trying out new things, new types of roleplay.

• Upvote 1

I'm happy to see everyone's honest inputs on this, I feel like a raw conversation is needed here.

I do also hope management/staff gets an eye through some of these to gauge what the community is asking for and feeling. 

I'm gathering the following in terms of the negatives-...
- People don't want to feel like everything is micromanaged by an admin team, leave space for creativity.
- The admin team should promote/support those trying to create new roleplay, not push them down.
- That a sense of creativity is needed and an events team/continuity team would help contribute to creating more roleplay, that it would be nice to have a centralized spot/area that could attract people to roleplay in (perhaps the introduction of a restricted crime zone? - maybe this was the goal of the mall?)
- People resort to reports too quickly, the community seems at times toxic or to focused on "winning." 

What solutions would everyone like to see? What suggestions?

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, sixchar said:

I'm happy to see everyone's honest inputs on this, I feel like a raw conversation is needed here.

I do also hope management/staff gets an eye through some of these to gauge what the community is asking for and feeling. 

I'm gathering the following in terms of the negatives-...
- People don't want to feel like everything is micromanaged by an admin team, leave space for creativity.
- The admin team should promote/support those trying to create new roleplay, not push them down.
- That a sense of creativity is needed and an events team/continuity team would help contribute to creating more roleplay, that it would be nice to have a centralized spot/area that could attract people to roleplay in (perhaps the introduction of a restricted crime zone? - maybe this was the goal of the mall?)
- People resort to reports too quickly, the community seems at times toxic or to focused on "winning." 

What solutions would everyone like to see? What suggestions?

Well, first of all, get rid of all the restriction and forms when it comes to rping concepts, If you give people more space to RP what they want to RP without being watched through a magnifying glass, it'll be a start to something. Now, I am not saying, just throw it all out there and let people RP the most craziest concepts ever, just allow them to rp it atleast and If it works out? It works out, If not? It won't.  But for the love of god, don't force us write a whole essay on why we want to RP a simple concept, it's not needed and it'll take the fun away from it, the micromanaging gotta go. And it's not only the staff team's fault, because I am sure they are working hard with a lot of things, but it's us player's fault too. There need to be a lot of changes when it comes to factions, most of us are so trapped in these bland concepts and ways of RP that we can't see past it anymore (And new players will think this is the way to do it, so they will copy it). It's always the same things you see, gun deals, drug deals, shootings, repeat. It's the same old thing over and over again, there's more to it than just guns and drugs. Another thing, and I am sure a lot of people will jump me for this, but give detectives the ability to take down factions when they fully did their intel on a certain faction (I probably wrote that wrong). It's kind of ridiculous to see all these factions do all these crazy suicidal stuff with no repercussions, they shoot at cops, sit those days out and they are back on the streets doing the same thing again. There are no snitches, everyone is a die-hard loyal criminal. Another thing that should change is just- give each other a chance, I know there's this whole legal vs illegal thing going on but even like staying with certain cliques and- I understand, obviously you wanna RP with your friends and what not, but maybe for once, give a stranger a try, hell, I don't know check other people's character threads, leave a positive comment, try to roleplay with them. Maybe it's me but it's quite annoying to see that people will just ignore you ingame If they don't know you OOCly. Another thing is, give other niche businesses a chance, we all know that clubs and bars are pretty much the businesses of GTAWorld, and these smaller businesses are pretty much left in the dust to the point where they become demotivated and just stop opening up. Give those businesses a chance too.

I rather want my character to take L'z rather than have a picture perfect character. The more L'z, the more my character wants to change or can work towards something. It's OK to take L'z, people, it's not the end of the world If you get dropped in a shootout or lose something Icly, In the end? It's still a videogame.

I'm just throwing my two cents in, not to throw fuel on the firepit.

Edited by Halloween
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
6 hours ago, sixchar said:

it would be nice to have a centralized spot/area that could attract people to roleplay in (perhaps the introduction of a restricted crime zone? - maybe this was the goal of the mall?)

You're correct about that. The Rockford Plaza is a restricted crime zone, or a no crime zone. I forgot which at this moment. Either way, no one goes there, even though the mapping is pretty nice, it isn't too laggy, and there's plenty of services inside.

Onw thing I've noticed that even though the Rockford Plaza is supposed to be open 24/7, stock does occasionally run out, and some doors get locked for seeminly no reason.

I wish there was a little bit more love for the Rockford Plaza, I try to go there whenever I see a business open inside of it.

Locked as we don’t need two ban evaders who haven’t played here for months to come back here with their thoughts now that their other server is almost dead.

For everyone else who provided quality input I thank you and as usual we’ll read through it all to see what we can work on for the next months. Micromanagement has always been a subject and isn’t easy to balance, but at the same time is more than necessary on a massive roleplay sandbox as GTAW for things to not turn into chaos. We’re at the most successful we’ve ever been after 7 years, survived all the old SAMP communities revivals in V and that means we’re also doing things right.

• Upvote 13