Houses with no interiors

Smurf

This further proves the point I've been making all along, players will abuse literally any loophole they can if they're given anything. Though admittedly this one is pretty clever.

Easy way to combat this; disable access to inventory if there's say less than 30-40 items, if someone has 30+ random items then it's clear they're abusing. It can sometimes take days or weeks to find a mapper who isn't a time waster though so whilst most of the interiorless properties are probably for innocent reasons this'll deter foul play and I'd imagine is very easy to implement, along with a check to make sure there isn't a default interior first.

Edited by Moonsong

What I do, is set a temporary interior for immersion. If there was no interior and the inv is full, I will then decide based on the RP, what the player is getting.

I am a PM admin, thus I have the power to change the interiors, most admins do not, rightfully so. They can ask a PM admin (there is normally one online). 

A blank interior should not /stop/ a break-in if something can be done. If it's on the market, I'll leave the interior there, if it's owned I'll wipe it back to blank. Stashing your stuff in a blank interior does not save your stuff, it means it's ALL available to the thieves based on the admin's discretion. 

Ask an admin if a temporary interior can be set. If not, likely there's just no PM admin around to help, try again a little later and let the admin speak to us to get one in place for your break-in. No-one is hurt doing this, and those abusing blank interiors should be actively "punished".

Edited by Lomadias
  • Upvote 2

You can use the Report a Property feature on the UCP to report properties you have concerns about.

As an administrator who handles many break in requests, I would like to reassure you that if a property has no interior, there is usually nothing in the inventory. If there is meaningful stash in the property inventory with no accessible mapping, then we typically report these properties to Property Management for investigation also.

• Upvote 1
Just now, josef said:

You can use the Report a Property feature on the UCP to report properties you have concerns about.

As an administrator who handles many break in requests, I would like to reassure you that if a property has no interior, there is usually nothing in the inventory. If there is meaningful stash in the property inventory with no accessible mapping, then we typically report these properties to Property Management for investigation also.

This essentially. But admins can also ask us to set a temp interior. I never ever deny a breakin, just because there's no int. I just do what I can to make sure I can give the player some sort of RP experience.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Jennie said:

Some people buy them when a player loses it for inactivity, sells the furniture and then the place to someone/server, making money doing literally nothing but selling the furniture.

Then that is an exploit that should be taken into consideration and those players shouldn't even have the ability to buy properties if they just house-flip essentially. Sounds like something PM should look into.

8 hours ago, Jennie said:

Some people buy them when a player loses it for inactivity, sells the furniture and then the place to someone/server, making money doing literally nothing but selling the furniture.

It doesn’t sound profitable at all, cause you have to buy it for MP+furniture cost. So you’re necessarily reselling what you invested in. But that’s against the rules to even do that to start with and it’s within the rules already if I’m not mistaken.

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

It doesn’t sound profitable at all, cause you have to buy it for MP+furniture cost. So you’re necessarily reselling what you invested in. But that’s against the rules to even do that to start with and it’s within the rules already if I’m not mistaken.

If someone loses the house for inactivity you can get it paying just the MP price.

If the house has 300k in furniture and the MP is 125k you can get 175k in furniture and get the money back if you lose it due to inactivity or the half if selling it to the server.

Edited by Jennie

Empty interiors should simply be handled similar to lacking/no stash info - at the discretion of the handling admin. If someone purposefully abuses the fact their property is but an empty dim 0 place for an extended amount of time but use it to hold an entire stash, they should bear the risk of losing it all in a break-in rather than the break-in denied on out-of-character grounds.

16 hours ago, Jennie said:

This should be a problem of the past. Back then, you could buy a fully furnished apartment for market property price only, and a lot of people would buy furnished places, sell all the furniture and then the apartment itself to the server to make a profit. My guess is that is the main reason as to why so many places, especially apartments on the GTAW map are generally empty interiors.

Though nowadays, you buy an apartment, you buy for market price plus furniture value. Meaning the same tactic would make you pay it all but only get the furniture value and half the market price in return if you sell all furniture and then the apartment to the server - half the market price are thus losses.