Houses with no interiors

Smurf

So, I run a faction that's circled around a bunch of breakins, store robberies, etc etc. Recently, we've scouted a place and the development was spanned over 3-4 days. Either today or yesterday, two faction members of mine tried enacting on the breakin of a house to which the responding admin had told them they couldn't rob it due to there being no interior.

Now with this whole thing being done, if I were to just /sellallfurniture for my house in any part of the map and it's discovered/looked into by another player that it's possibly a good potential stash house. They enact on it and are told by an admin that can't have anything done to it since there's no interior, the house is rendered untouchable due to the simple fact of no interior. Making it a loop hole for people to abuse and have X, Y and Z within it without the possibility of it being stolen and not worry about it.

Something needs to be done about this.

• Upvote 5

Abusing something like this and selling all furniture to keep it that way with stashed items should be bannable as a offense honestly. Unless PM auto generates a default interior after it not being mapped, they could develop a system to match 50/50 furniture slots which lets non donars furnish their propers with ease too. 

This situation in particular that @Smurf has referenced has rendered one of the RP scenes we've been doing for a few days; essentially useless. I don't know if there was anything inside the property but what I can add  onto this is the fact that if someone doesn't want anything of value stolen; this is all they have to do and a admin will refuse to let you breakin.

While I understand it makes no sense to breakin into a spot w/o an interior, admins should auto generate a default one if it has none and players want to breakin; especially considering some players might spend a few days and/or weeks scouting a place out to hit, just to be told no and their entire RP rendered useless, which demotivates people.

The fact this loophole is a thing that exists, should be very concerning to those in management, and the general staff team; to which I'm surprised admins haven't (to my knowledge) tried to deal with, which seems somewhat clear; since you're just told "no, it's against the rules to rob it if it has no interior". The player committing the breakin isn't at fault, it's the player who's knowingly abusing this loophole that's at fault... and that is exactly where this issue stems from.

• Upvote 2

this is super awkward from the LEO side too, when executing warrants or breaches. It's difficult to scriptly plan around, as, many mappers delete all props to start from scratch - so perhaps the fix is a quick command useable by any admin to generate a default interior without needing property management's help. 

• Upvote 2

There's a lot of places unmapped in general because there's not enough people mapping (due to many people needing/ work load cases)

If there is a suspicion on people selling all furniture you can easily report it and get a admin to check logs as I am pretty sure it will log whatever we build or sell furniture wise. 🙂 

15 minutes ago, CupcakeCow said:

There's a lot of places unmapped in general because there's not enough people mapping (due to many people needing/ work load cases)

If there is a suspicion on people selling all furniture you can easily report it and get a admin to check logs as I am pretty sure it will log whatever we build or sell furniture wise. 🙂 

It's not a case on people selling the furniture; it's a case on admins not being able to spawn a default interior in to circumvent a breakin and/or search warrant.

It may or may not be a case of abuse, that we'll never know but for a player to willingly have an unmapped empty interior and store items either legal or illegal within the house to circumvent getting robbed because you can't rob/search what you can't roleplay in.

could technically be considered powergaming since (if it is done by intention or not, idk) stops players from breaking inside and thereby giving the house/apartment or building a shield from ever getting robbed or interacted with.

• Upvote 3

If the interior is empty but it's packed full of guns, drugs, money and whatever then that's kinda an exploit imo.  You could probably be given a small window of excuse between remappings, but if it's empty interior for longer than like a week then that's shady.  Maybe empower admins to just do some "imagination" RP and roleplay the robbery anyway.

Edited by Paenymion