Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

Just now, cryybabyycryy said:

I stuck with LEO rp 3 years.. there is no rule saying you MUST go to every big event or pursuit, tbh there are rules in place disallowing so many in a pursuit line and or attending a robbery alarm. It's 100% a matter of preference. Again, I see this all a IC issue with a lack of interest in passive rp.

And I'm telling you, point blank, you're off the mark.

The victims in these areas need the tools to actually react realistically ICly.   1) Loosen up CCW requirements 2) Confirm it's not DM to shoot a masked person running around the gardens of expensive properties.  It's a reasonable IC reaction in the current environment.  Of course the shooter will need to face IC consequences, but people should not be OOC scared to shoot.

I can't even get an admin to answer a break in request 95% of the time as is. People that aren't trolls are not driving up to a house and hopping out to try and mug you. This is a rule break, and should be reported. Restricting the crime here is not going to stop these trolls from hopping your walls and continuing to do so. Because they're often already breaking the current mugging / robbery rules in the first place -- as they  often are unaffiliated illegal characters that do not care about rules or the server in general. 

Edited by CowboyYoda22
  • Upvote 2

Completely disagree with this. Also don't like the idea of ''broad daylight'' as an excuse for limiting/restricting robberies. Murders, yes. Robberies, no. The majority of robberies happen in daytime because it's when people are at work - and being caught for basic robbery is MUCH more appealing than a criminal breaking into a house with a family sleeping in it and getting charged with home invasion.

Edited by CYCOSOCIAL
2 minutes ago, CYCOSOCIAL said:

Completely disagree with this. Also don't like the idea of ''broad daylight'' as an excuse for limiting/restricting robberies. Murders, yes. Robberies, no. The majority of robberies happen in daytime because it's when people are at work - and being caught for basic robbery is MUCH more appealing than a criminal breaking into a house with a family sleeping in it and getting charged with home invasion.

Broad daylight is a trap, that means that certain people on part of the globe can never do x because they won't experience night time during their hours of play.

10 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

2) Confirm it's not DM to shoot a masked person running around the gardens of expensive properties.  It's a reasonable IC reaction in the current environment.  Of course the shooter will need to face IC consequences, but people should not be OOC scared to shoot.

You would most likely get life in prison for this, even in a stand your ground state. So it would most likely fall under DM

9 minutes ago, Smoked U said:

Go rp on an illegal character for a week in south LS. You will see more cruisers then you see people to roleplay with. Now imagine if those places you want to be restricted were crime restricted zones where LEO factions have every reason to completely disregard them and not bother to go to.

now instead of just a crime restricted zone you have a crime restricted map which leads to the end of illegal rp and the eventual end of this server. Or do you believe that illegal rp is irrelevant?

The thing is, I have in fact RP'ed there... We used to be in Cassie's Diner daily out in Davis under the South Side Criminal Connection, and very rarely did we have to venture far from there as there was PLENTY of Illegal Roleplay in the area. 

I do understand that this adds a limitation per se, on illegal roleplay, for a small area compared to the rest of the map that you have available to go commit crimes at... This still doesn't make an argument as to why it should be allowed? I believe illegal rp is super relevant, but illegal rp consists of more than just robbing/mugging people in what is realistically, the safest community in the state. 

I know IFM has been working hard on giving illegal rp more tools and avenues to RP with; and the truth of the matter is, there's plenty of areas to go commit crimes in and go steal cars from and go rob people at.... But for the sake of portrayal, and filtering those with proper motive, this change would be effective.

Because then you can confirm, does this person even belong to this area? are they acting outside of their zone? Are they prepared to carry this out properly? 
Additionally, knowing they are being spectated will help elevate the quality of roleplay surrounding these interactions. 

10 minutes ago, CupcakeCow said:

So as a more IC alternative. 
We could allow security companies to install gates/walls around a property with a script some how of say barbed wire along the tops of said walls. If a player climbs over these they could leave dna/blood/clothing rips/hair etc anything that could then be used in an IC matter with police to go down a more IC route and in term it would knock a tiny tiny inch of health off a player. 

That way it doesn't hold cops needing to patrol 24/7 but they could still carry out these investigative things on downtimes or have a department set towards these kind of things that would eventually promote more rp as a whole. (Especially if they start finding the same dna on other properties etc )

That way there's no restrictions for players to rob but there's also a gamble towards robbing houses with these things in place. 

Sadly, a lot of script limitations and even the player base would struggle, but this would give an extra layer to roleplay with. 

1 minute ago, sixchar said:

The thing is, I have in fact RP'ed there... We used to be in Cassie's Diner daily out in Davis under the South Side Criminal Connection, and very rarely did we have to venture far from there as there was PLENTY of Illegal Roleplay in the area. 

I do understand that this adds a limitation per se, on illegal roleplay, for a small area compared to the rest of the map that you have available to go commit crimes at... This still doesn't make an argument as to why it should be allowed? I believe illegal rp is super relevant, but illegal rp consists of more than just robbing/mugging people in what is realistically, the safest community in the state. 

I know IFM has been working hard on giving illegal rp more tools and avenues to RP with; and the truth of the matter is, there's plenty of areas to go commit crimes in and go steal cars from and go rob people at.... But for the sake of portrayal, and filtering those with proper motive, this change would be effective.

Because then you can confirm, does this person even belong to this area? are they acting outside of their zone? Are they prepared to carry this out properly? 
Additionally, knowing they are being spectated will help elevate the quality of roleplay surrounding these interactions. 

Sadly, a lot of script limitations and even the player base would struggle, but this would give an extra layer to roleplay with. 

We’re already limited from going out into the county for rp now we have to be limited to certain parts of the city…

Vinewood Hills is not a safe place. Should it be? Probably. The biggest issue of course is the lack of having guards 24/7 due to people having lives outside of GTA and the fact that to generate that type of money to be able to pay a player would be not cost effective.

Cameras are a half-measure since they aren't useful for catching anything besides what type of car they use. Alarms and cameras can help, because Vinewood Hills is such a maze, a good portion of robbers are caught trying to flee back into the city.

However, muggings and robberies are still all too common. It hasn't been as bad as it was a few months ago, in my opinion. I think that's because people actually realized they have a better chance in other places like Vespucci or Mirror Park as it has many better ways of escaping the police. Police respond to ThriftEx alarms really fast, especially if the owner is online and he calls them immediately when they get the notification.

All in all, I think it's not horrible. I do wish cameras were more useful however. And I wish that breaking into properties was harder for people who could afford higher security systems.

• Gore locked this topic