Crime Restrictions in "The Hills"

Message added by sevo,

A polite message to all forum users to remain courteous with their replies in this thread. Violations of the common courtesy rule will be met with forum warnings. Thank you.

Hello,

So this is a pretty straight forward post, and I think it'd be important to keep a sense of realism in this sense... but an area with multi-million dollar homes would have a strong police presence moving through it without a doubt. I feel like the amount of robberies, break-ins, and muggings that happen to people arriving to their homes or at their homes in this area is excessive? Like it's difficult to be in your own driveway, in your own yard, without the fear of getting robbed. How could we reduce this? Perhaps limit it as a crime zone, where someone would need to have some very specific motives and permissions to allow them to target someone in this area. The truth is, it's almost like you're safer buying an apartment in the city versus living in the hills, when in reality most people move into the hills with the thought of getting away from crimes.... I don't think it should necessarily be a crime free zone, but a restricted crime area. 

Would love to hear people's thoughts on this or alternatives.... 

Edited by sixchar
  • Upvote 22
  • Thanks 1

A wholesale expansion of crime-restricted zones would be good for the server overall, but this particular one is just a no-brainer.

The fact of the matter is, most of the city would not be a dangerous gangland hellhole.Giving people spots where they can reliably RP - whether that RP be just hanging out, or even doing business, whatever it may be - would alleviate a lot of the concerns that a lot of the legal side has. The hills is a textbook definition of such a place.

• Upvote 4

Ahaha, this is why we have the no cars outside rule at my property. I could time it, last time a car was left outside our place it took 5 minutes before four guys jumped outta a blacked out car to rob. Alternative to that restricting it, let us map our gates closed, or install CCTV. These are houses of the 5%, they're gonna have things like that when you have senators, governors, CEO's, Department heads/ High Ranking cops living there. 

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, Andrew Brandenburg said:

I agree with this. Not to mention that most robberies involve illegal RP'ers jumping fences into back yards, ignoring a ton of CCTV and robbing people in broad daylight in their own yards. The hills should be only for carefully planned break-ins, not for petty robberies.

It's sad but it greatly limits how you roleplay in this area. 

1 minute ago, borhoi said:

A wholesale expansion of crime-restricted zones would be good for the server overall, but this particular one is just a no-brainer.

The fact of the matter is, most of the city would not be a dangerous gangland hellhole.Giving people spots where they can reliably RP - whether that RP be just hanging out, or even doing business, whatever it may be - would alleviate a lot of the concerns that a lot of the legal side has. The hills is a textbook definition of such a place.

100%.

1 minute ago, Mythology said:

IC issue, hire security as you showcase you are wealthy.

This isnt a third world country where you need to roll around with security 24/7... additionally, it's really hard to find someone to RP security around you all the time....

I RP having private security, but the group of people that do it can't be on all the time I am on as well.... 

1 minute ago, Mecovy said:

Ahaha, this is why we have the no cars outside rule at my property. I could time it, last time a car was left outside our place it took 5 minutes before four guys jumped outta a blacked out car to rob. Alternative to that restricting it, let us map our gates closed, or install CCTV. These are houses of the 5%, they're gonna have things like that when you have senators, governors, CEO's, Department heads/ High Ranking cops living there. 

It's way too common.

• Gore locked this topic