The Corpse Problem

zaXer.

12 hours ago, Barbary said:

Wait, DMEC doesn't get peace officer status?

imagine getting a job where ur supposed to preserve crime scenes, handle evidence, interview witnesses and investigate death but ur testimony in court isnt even hold up that high cuz ur not sworn. kinda based. 

10 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Look at all the potential forensic roleplay. I can't describe how elated I am to secure the 5687th scene found in this state, secure the abundance of evidence and question all the witnesses!

ab1b7c63aca96461c933e125f13ffd19.png

guess what, dealing with crime scenes irl like that is not fun either and much much complicated than what you guys do here.

18 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

guess what, dealing with crime scenes irl like that is not fun either and much much complicated than what you guys do here.

u the only person here advocating for ppl to waste their time n sanity on meaningless bullshit in the pursuit of fictional job duties, chill bro 

2 hours ago, zaXer. said:

Dude what is your hyperfocus on this idea that because we don't work as hard as real cops, we can't compain.

This is a VIDEO GAME. None of us get paid! Hell some of us have paid the server instead! Why are you advocating for people to treat this like a job? I already have a job, and I don't need another job where I don't even get a salary!

Edited by Barbary
2 hours ago, zaXer. said:

zaxer bro if you hate your job please just quit?? why are you trying to justify rp cops doing mind numbingly boring rp just because you have to do it irl in whatever eu country u police for

4 hours ago, zaXer. said:

I'll break it down. Within the LEO com it's our collective mission to prioritize high-quality roleplay, no matter the scenario we find ourselves in. We encourage a more laid-back and immersive approach rather than constantly seeking out action-packed moments. Points like avoiding unrealistic actions, as they may disrupt the game's authenticity. Whenever there's a lull in interactions, we're expected to take initiative to create opportunities for engagement. We can do this by interacting with other players in the game or developing meaningful relationships with the characters within our own faction. The goal is to foster quality interactions and memorable experiences, rather than just chasing after arrests, pursuits, or shootouts. Building a strong and enjoyable community within the game is what truly matters.

9a7774f2d3c8e81b01230731afa1d58f.png

2247c0d84948e5d8889884336e1c24fb.jpg

These above are some good scenes, with real bodies, that offer us roleplay and something to build on. 

8a0adc4f0b6983a39321ed581fcfd976.png

This is none of that. This is a body someone called in that serves absolutely no purpose within the game world. You get these calls constantly. They don't create roleplay, they are not fostering interactions and the only thing you can do here is arrive on scene, /setdep DMEC, "cororner?", often get no response and just /sendtomorgue. If there was actual procedure to work through these, yeah I'd agree. Dealing with DB calls is part of your job as a cop, but these aren't treated as DB calls. These are treated by the server as an inconvenient bug. They're a utility issue. 

0a42e89f83e56aa6eb16f9f946569398.png

Same story; is the body a bugged duplicate or is this one actually dumped in the bushes - well who knows, because there's nothing in the script for you to figure anything out. The body's injuries aren't recorded and whatever the coroner screen tells you is pretty much irrelevant because good luck finding it among 1600 entries that are constantly shuffling it around. There's no homicide roleplay here, we can't even differentiate between a CK or a PK here. Exactly where is the roleplay for us?  Your only roleplay here is to type /sendtomorgue and move on. 

0ab7e8812493810bb8a06ffd66371858.png

Even a simple body call at the airport leaves you with nothing to roleplay. Woah, a body on the sidewalk. Okay cool, lemme call coroners - but wait there's a few in-game. Fantastic!

8888b0330c616d9be805b3802071bfce.png

However, contrary to "roleplaying" nothing here is actually meaningful. Instead of actually roleplaying a coroner and putting their effort towards a meaningful interaction they're just scooping up body #43. There's no investigative angle so for cops this is pretty much a nod and forget. All of these interactions feel stupid, unrealistic, immersion breaking and just overall take you out of the flow. I personally feel compelled to respond to these calls because I'd rather get the bodies removed so that it doesn't disrupt anyone else's roleplay, but I don't blame if other people don't want to pick these jobs up. This level of roleplay is literally just the trashman sidejob but with corpses and occasionally a corner that gives you 4 more roleplay lines. 

This is not "dealing with crime scenes like that irl" this is an absolute joke. 

Edited by eTaylor
  • Upvote 8
  • Applaud 1