No ability to address good cause ICly

Requesting of the reversal of the apparent voidance of the IRL supreme court ruling determining good cause in the obtaining of a concealed carry to be reversed. @honey. stated that we as a community should simply "handle it icly" when the IC means of which we should handle such a flagrant disregard for our founding documents has apparently been voided. Please either reverse the decision to void a massively important supreme court ruling and allow that to be utilized ICly or give us a medium to "handle it ICly," as Honey stated. Because currently, there is 0 ways as to which the legal avenue can be explored to fight such an anti-american policy.

e116f8ea9d1ab6d9c73deeeaec1a28ad.png

Edit: Honey references handling this through the government, as a member of the State Government, I can assure you that there is currently 0 ways in which anyone can currently fight such blatant disregard for the second amendment without supreme court rulings being brought to court.

Edited by Boland
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1

>I can assure you that there is currently 0 ways in which anyone can currently fight such blatant disregard for the second amendment without supreme court rulings being brought to court.

Why? Every state senator has a facebrowser that they are pretty active on in my experience.

Sounds like people aren't looking for the RP.

11 minutes ago, borhoi said:

>I can assure you that there is currently 0 ways in which anyone can currently fight such blatant disregard for the second amendment without supreme court rulings being brought to court.

Why? Every state senator has a facebrowser that they are pretty active on in my experience.

Sounds like people aren't looking for the RP.

And how do you propose meeting with/RP'ing with the government to address this legal issue when the very precedent/case law that would validate the claim is apparently not recognized and or voided in its entirety? Asking nicely? Would love to know how messaging a senator via facebrowser would enact policy change as well as the upholding of the constitution.

Edited by Boland
7 minutes ago, Boland said:

And how do you propose meeting with/RP'ing with the government to address this legal issue when the very precedent/case law that would validate the claim is apparently not recognized and or voided in its entirety? Asking nicely? Would love to know how messaging a senator via facebrowser would enact policy change as well as the upholding of the constitution.

You can reach out via a myriad of IC methods to your local representative or any of the others, as well as the Mayor, Governor, and hundreds of lawyers if you'd like to go to court.

Also, this game is not real life. Plenty of realism is eschewed in everything that is done on GTAW and any other RP platform in the interest of making the game playable and enjoyable for its users. I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with disregarding irl supreme court precedent on this particular case, but it's silly to ramble about upholding the constitution as if this is some kind of real life oppression going on. There are so many other things that'd have to be changed fundamentally - making the experience worse for everyone in the process - if we wanted to go full realism on every issue.

1 hour ago, borhoi said:

You can reach out via a myriad of IC methods to your local representative or any of the others, as well as the Mayor, Governor, and hundreds of lawyers if you'd like to go to court.

Also, this game is not real life. Plenty of realism is eschewed in everything that is done on GTAW and any other RP platform in the interest of making the game playable and enjoyable for its users. I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with disregarding irl supreme court precedent on this particular case, but it's silly to ramble about upholding the constitution as if this is some kind of real life oppression going on. There are so many other things that'd have to be changed fundamentally - making the experience worse for everyone in the process - if we wanted to go full realism on every issue.

And then, just like the weed legalization, it'll be shut down by an OOC staff maneuver even if it's got widespread support, moreso if the opposition can't get the votes to keep it from happening.