Engine damage

2 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So how does someone driving like an idiot and going "lol lag" do anything for me? That's not holding me accountable for anything. Then what? Report them and further bog down admins? And for what? A void? Come on. You gotta be practical. I'm all for holding people accountable for the way they act. But right now? There isn't the infrastructure for this. Especially - like others have said, with RAGE being as questionable as it is. 

It could happen to you as it could happen to a player that is not part of a faction. Why should there be a difference between players in factions and players without a faction? 

I agree that if it affects cars, it should affect all cars, faction vehicle or not. A lot of factions with big fleets have a maintenance department and if they don't, this update should make them invest in one or contract a garage.

26 minutes ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

So how does someone driving like an idiot and going "lol lag" do anything..

It forces them to participate in roleplay. If they've rammed you and damsged your vehicle enough to leave you stranded, the problem driver will similarly be stranded too. The roleplay opportunities from there only grow, and their ability to go "lmao, lag" and drive off is ripped from their greasy palms faster than they can whine.

• Applaud 1
47 minutes ago, Mecovy said:

This is a good change.

But I will iterate again, cars go ape when they are spawned. They will fly, clip and crash into each other or get swallowed by the earth. There NEEDS to be a fail safe so players aren't having to repair damage literally caused by the server not working as intended. The rest is fine. I get why they've put faction vehicles on there. Factionized vehicles can be buggy depending on who/what char in the faction they're held by. I certainly think it'll be good for the GOVERNMENT factions to be able to RP inhouse repair teams to be able to fix their fleets etc, but they shouldn't be exempt. And I'd see no reason non government factions would be covered by that at all. Tax exempt, yeah. Cause we physically are unable to get them road taxed due to the script, but not damage exempt.

The engine damage apparently only registers when you're sitting inside the vehicle. So, spawning should have no effect.

52 minutes ago, roymar said:

It could happen to you as it could happen to a player that is not part of a faction. Why should there be a difference between players in factions and players without a faction? 

I'm not arguing the faction part. I'm arguing the whole thing.

27 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It forces them to participate in roleplay. If they've rammed you and damsged your vehicle enough to leave you stranded, the problem driver will similarly be stranded too. The roleplay opportunities from there only grow, and their ability to go "lmao, lag" and drive off is ripped from their greasy palms faster than they can whine.

And what makes you think they won't report and lie to the admin about the lag the way they lied to you about it? And then what? They stall because they're "waiting for an admin" - that's an easy 30-45 minute wait. For what? The admin to give the benefit of the doubt and void it? So now you're down an hour because someone who didn't want to RP it to begin with goes the extra mile to not RP any accountability anyways.

• Hood locked this topic