Bring FD members online to /onduty

Detailed Description

Like the title says, this suggestion would bring online Fire Department members to /onduty, I'd say bring only firefighters because those are the only relevant ones to this suggestion but it's a start with just getting the onduty faction members from the LSFD. 

Relevant Commands/Items

None. 

How will it benefit the server?

It'll bring people that want to /requestfire or start a fire without the script support for say car fires up to speed if they can or cannot do it. People won't have to wait a lot of time for their /requestfire request to be responded to only to then be greeted with an admin that tells them there isn't any Fire Department online and thus can't go forward with the fire roleplay (no pun intended). I'm pretty sure that at one point the server used to have this so it'd be nice to have it back. 

/onduty was never and will never be an accurate metric, it doesn't cover those whom are doing training, civilian staff, people unavailable, etc. Metric was pointless and the abuse aimed towards people because 'theres lots of FD on'.

Edited by Mitch

This suggestion leads us back to faction members receiving PMs of slander, bashing, and accusations due to not being able to cover the excessive amount of people being injured or murdered; it does nothing but lead to burnout. I'm happy to chat with LFM about options that help, but this one doesn't because it comes at the expense of faction members.

6 hours ago, Rod said:

This suggestion leads us back to faction members receiving PMs of slander, bashing, and accusations due to not being able to cover the excessive amount of people being injured or murdered; it does nothing but lead to burnout. I'm happy to chat with LFM about options that help, but this one doesn't because it comes at the expense of faction members.

Because me waiting for maybe several hours on end to do a /requestfire only to be told oh sorry there is no FD on to tackle that despite it being a minor or major thing is any better and helps with the slander. Unless u know who’s in FD you won’t really know who to DM to begin with and if people are being toxic to you in DMs about it just up and report them and I’m sure the server administration will do their job.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Rod said:

Which is pretty dumb and shortsighted, people in FD have as much right to pick their roleplay and determine their availability as everyone else. If law enforcement request an ambulance and none are available for whatever reason we get Rescue 99’ed. Maybe they can develop something that either automatically answers ambulance calls with “an NPC ambulance” or otherwise let people know there’s nobody available. Especially during graveyard hours when cops can’t come to cover it either. 

• Upvote 1

FD work bloody hard to do their best but they just physically can't keep up with the calls sometimes each situation they go into they give it 100 percent effort and each shooting/car crash/ fire takes sometimes hours to conclude it's not always as simple as going to a call, patching someone up then driving to the hospital obviously each scene is different and the FD have no possible way to know if a call is a major incident or not before arriving - a good suggestion would be the ability for some kind of 'Dispatcher' role to grade calls for easier viewing such as 'CRITICAL INCIDENT' 'URGENT INCIDENT' 'MAJOR INCIDENT' and 'MINOR INCIDENT' so they are able to effectively use their limited resources and manpower better.

This request keeps coming up once in a while and gets denied each time. 

/onduty do not show the right number of faction members that can respond to calls. 

Unlike other factions, in FD you have many people who do not take part in medical/firefighting activities and /onduty cannot present those who can rightfully, which is something that causes other people to believe that online FD members are ignoring their emergency calls when they are not. 

Until /onduty will be able to show the number of members correctly. this constant request to bring FD back to /onduty will continue to be denied. 

• Upvote 2