Jail Rules Discussion

CYCOSOCIAL

Worth noting or semi-adding to what @Prophet stated.

As of recently, yes the riots and stabbings to seem be an hourly thing. I've seen multiple people fear the lack of consequence for their actions and so eager to just take it /there/. 

From a realistic perspective, unless an issue is serious, most inmates tend to stray away from violence. This is simply because of the following reasons:

- Persistent lock-downs. 

- Limited yard time.

- Limited everything, really. 

In a realistic prison/jail system, order is generally maintained. There's also been multiple incidence irl where militant individuals who look for petty excuses to take off on the opposing side have had themselves removed by their own car, simply because their own car didn't want to "fuck up a good thing" where the block/pod was happy with how things were. Meaning dudes enjoyed the peace time and just riding out their time. 

There's another real incident from a book where this happened, and even though it was completely morally wrong by the key holders to remove this particular dude, it happened nonetheless and states a point of things not always being black & white but much more deeply a politic issue. Quote below:

Blizzard made a plan. Then he decided it was too complicated and he simplified it. “I’m just gonna walk over there and stab the dude. Whoever wants to go with me is welcome. I don’t think the Blacks will fight for him, but I’m gonna stab all of them anyway.” This was all said in our cell. I helped him make knives that night and the next day he brought all the knives to yard and called a meeting with the other skins.

“This dude’s gotta go. I’m going right now.”

He held one knife in his hand and tossed eight more on the ground amid the circle.

“If you’ll join me, grab a knife and let’s go. If you’ll stop me, grab a knife and get your fucking money.”

Riotchild bent down and grabbed a knife, then nodded to Blizzard. Some of the older skinheads hesitated. They felt it was too hasty, too immediate. “Hold on, Bliz,” one said.

“I owe some money. I don’t want to skip out. Let me pay what I can and we’ll do this tomorrow or Friday.”

Blizzard agreed and picked up the knives. That night Bliz came in from night yard worried. (I couldn’t go out to night yard because I didn’t have a job.). The skinheads had held a meeting without him. No one would talk to him. He speculated for hours on what this might mean, suspecting the others may be plotting against him. They were. The next morning at yard release two younger skinheads, Scotty and Eighty-eight, jumped on Blizzard.

The official word from the elders was that Blizzard had spoken disrespectfully to his comrades. Scotty and Eighty-eight were sent to check him. That, of course, was bullshit. A check is a one-on-one fist fight to correct poor behavior. A removal is a two-on-one beating. Sending two attackers delivers a clear message to the guards that the victim is no longer allowed on the yard. Blizzard was rolled up. The three men who made this decision and who fed their lie to Scotty and Eighty-eight were each within a year of going home. They didn’t want to risk catching any more time by having any riot with the Blacks. They traded their ideals, their honor, and their comrade for their outdates.

Now I'm not stating that everybody should play happy families but at the very least people should really think before they act. But if they don't, then they should be forced to feel the full extent of the ramifications that come their way from an IC perspective. 

• Upvote 4

So from what I'm gathering here the primary issue seem to be a lack of organization in the Black Car, and that many people who play black characters in Twins don't get with the program. Other issues involve lack of consequences and a general lack of fear. 

Are there any leaders from the Black Car who could give their side of the story? We've heard pieces from White Car and eMe leaders.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
On 6/19/2023 at 4:25 PM, Midnights said:

Nowadays jail roleplay cannot portray a realistic environment cause of the daily murder and race riot im not triggering anyone but I don’t think a Russian can be a skin rep or w/e he is, and why would the white inmates shout something like “sieg heil” or “supreme white power” during the program the whole quality of jail roleplay needs a revamp tbh.

Cut me some slack yikes - I'm over my criminal points and lost my chance of parole 😭😂
Maybe we should make a Russian table just for me and all the other white Russians?
And an Armenian table so they can get outa LA EME's hair.

in all seriousness though - despite some good points raised all ends @Prophet nails it with this.

2 hours ago, Prophet said:

We see absolutely zero reasonable activity from Black Car, but see an incredibly unreasonable amount of racial riots cracking off over their table members.

Most of the provokers/people instigators are unaware to what we're portraying and may not even think of themselves as the instigators...

Take the scenario with Zyrell Bush who attempted to claim the whites phones - My guess is he didn't know they had their own phones thus wasn't attempting to claim them at all but simply use the phone unaware to the segregation in California's prison system of - this spiralled IC'ly eventually leading to his death - But from an oblivious point of view, it could've been easy to see how he felt instigated upon being told to "get off our phone" - same for people sitting at the wrong table, likely just completely oblivious to what we're portraying.

There's a lot of small rules and etiquette to jail RP which can be easy to overlook outside of common sense.
These small rules and etiquette are often explained the moment a new inmate will make contact with a rep or someone doing check ins - A lot of these incidents could be avoided if the black car had a more active presence in jail and  was checking their members in thoroughly.

• Upvote 4
16 hours ago, Barbary said:

So from what I'm gathering here the primary issue seem to be a lack of organization in the Black Car, and that many people who play black characters in Twins don't get with the program. Other issues involve lack of consequences and a general lack of fear. 

Are there any leaders from the Black Car who could give their side of the story? We've heard pieces from White Car and eMe leaders.

Well, the whole black table got shanked to death over the actions of one person... it's not one-sided. It wasn't even table-wide wartime, from what I was aware, yet tons of people who weren't even involved in the actions of one man lead to literal genocide of the black table.

People need to step up their realism instead of simply wanting to fulfill their urges to DM people.

EDIT: Worst part of it all, despite people getting struck by bean-bags, they continue to RP stabbing people... most real life inmates would go prone upon contact, with many not wanting to undergo months to years in Seg for such actions.

This server's declining into a DM server. Quality isn't up to par with the RP quality in 2020 or 2021. 

Edited by DLimit
7 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Well, the whole black table got shanked to death over the actions of one person... it's not one-sided. It wasn't even table-wide wartime, from what I was aware, yet tons of people who weren't even involved in the actions of one man lead to literal genocide of the black table.

People need to step up their realism instead of simply wanting to fulfill their urges to DM people.

EDIT: Worst part of it all, despite people getting struck by bean-bags, they continue to RP stabbing people... most real life inmates would go prone upon contact, with many not wanting to undergo months to years in Seg for such actions.

This server's declining into a DM server. Quality isn't up to par with the RP quality in 2020 or 2021. 

I agree that the actions of one tend to turn into everyone's head rolling in the jail. It's a constant problem.

8 hours ago, DLimit said:

The actions of that said "one person" went unchecked by his table. The dude's who died were literally snitching, spitting on members of the woodpile and causing havoc on the tier & disturbing the pod. Not once was that particular person checked by his own table.

Even when confronted about running a one v one fade in a cell he punked out in front of his entire table. So call it DM, call it non-rp, whatever you'd like to call it say all of that but at the end of the day, had the table been regulating its members and enforcing its regs on the daily like the other cars, that situation would have been easily avoidable. That one person messed up, his people failed to check him for his fuck up... days and days went by, no checking. So the natural process is to hit the entire table and send a clear cut message. That's exactly what happened.

And yes, people did get up after being hit with a block gun. It's not a tazer and it doesn't render you immobile. It just hurts like a bitch and unless it hits you where it completely takes the wind out of your sailes IE: Solar plexus ect... then an andrenaline dump would override your system when there's a full scale riot cracking off and people are getting poked left, right and center. 

End of story dude. Next topic?

Edited by sodium soldier
  • Upvote 2

Not much of a jail roleplayer but I can imagine how the rules in relation to needing prison guards online for certain acts can be detrimental to roleplay, at the same time for the sake of realistic roleplay scenes said guards do actually need to be present in order to reasonably respond to situations happening. However, from personal experience I can tell you that roleplaying a prison guard is not something most people enjoy, especially not long term. People join and get burned out after two weeks and youll rarely see them, a faction only dedicated toward this is probably not going to work out as well as most people assume unless you provide incentive with crazy rewards like an unreasonable amount of salary. 

On another note, some of the toxic posts on this thread has actively steered me away from wanting anything to do with prison roleplay, so good job on that gentlemen.

The reason it’s important for inmates to regulate members of their own race who insult and snitch on members of other races is because, if they don’t:

a) the other races will target the main offenders and everyone else who committed the comparable offence of refusing to do anything about them.
b) the inmates who refuse to do anything will look weak and lose credibility.

Riots are not always a one-and-done event. Inmates riot, they are locked down, tensions are still high, and then they continue to riot or fight at every chance they get until politics, frustration at lockdown, and general fatigue overcome the desire to keep fighting. It's why in real-life lockdowns last a while and instigators are moved around to reduce tensions – this doesn't happen in-game and so riots lead to more riots.

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, sodium soldier said:

The actions of that said "one person" went unchecked by his table. The dude's who died were literally snitching, spitting on members of the woodpile and causing havoc on the tier & disturbing the pod. Not once was that particular person checked by his own table.

Even when confronted about running a one v one fade in a cell he punked out in front of his entire table. So call it DM, call it non-rp, whatever you'd like to call it say all of that but at the end of the day, had the table been regulating its members and enforcing its regs on the daily like the other cars, that situation would have been easily avoidable. That one person messed up, his people failed to check him for his fuck up... days and days went by, no checking. So the natural process is to hit the entire table and send a clear cut message. That's exactly what happened.

And yes, people did get up after being hit with a block gun. It's not a tazer and it doesn't render you immobile. It just hurts like a bitch and unless it hits you where it completely takes the wind out of your sailes IE: Solar plexus ect... then an andrenaline dump would override your system when there's a full scale riot cracking off and people are getting poked left, right and center. 

End of story dude. Next topic?

Mass-murdering a table isn't sending them a message. It's simply murdering them. Murder the target and jump the table, maybe. That would send a "message". No message is received when the whole table is dead.

My char got murdered when he just returned to the jailhouse after being on the run, for 8 months, after violating parole. His first day at the table, and he gets shanked. He was never approached by any Woods and had never interacted with them, but got shanked to death. He wasn't aware of the ordeal (first day and all as a returning veteran of TTCF), and literally told the man to fade it up with the duo that approached the table, and was willing to reg him for pussying out. So, no, it wasn't the J-Cats that just got murdered. It was an attempt to murder every single person at that table, which didn't leave a message, at all, as nothing can be received when they are all dead.

So, like I said? It isn't one-sided. Portrayal was weak on all sides for doing that.

Edited by DLimit
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:34 PM, Barbary said:

We have had multiple sides complaining about the Black Car for things that aren't in our power, there's nothing we can do when there isn't three guards on to enforce that fear, almost 90% of black characters that come to TTCF aren't involved with the Black Car and are clearly trolling, we're unable to enforce that fear and Character Kill them before they create unwanted tension. Also the current Black Car faction is very small and most of us are very busy IRL so we can't always be on at all times to regulate these trolls. 

The problem isn't one sided though, I've had many instances where the other cars in TTCF have started unnecessary issues as well. There is a current reoccurring issue where someone (in my instance a white character) would roleplay cells even though we had past agreements with previous leadership where we don't roleplay cells because there aren't enough and realistically you wouldn't bunk with someone from a conflicting ethnicity, let alone spawn in one. It's really annoying knowing I've been roleplaying a lifer for over two years out of character and being a keyholder and a random white character spawns in trying to roll me out of their cell on our side of the room, leaving me unable to do anything since there isn't enough guards on, nor does it make sense to roleplay ownership of the cell. 

I find it childish that we're being blamed and called unorganized when we can't control every troll/random inside of TTCF. It should be clear when a character named Tyrone Jackson comes to TTCF and provokes another car, and then the two other cars clique up together to target anyone with the black skin color over a troll. We can't stay on 24/7 to regulate every black troll that spawns in TTCF and even if we were able to, we still have to wait for three guards to be online. Whenever there's an obvious Mexican or White troll character provoking and causing issues, we give the courtesy to ignore them when it's clear they aren't involved with your factions. Sometimes it's clear that you guys are just looking for an excuse to stab up black characters too. It's an all around issue and not solely one faction in here. 

If you really were unsure if one of these black characters provoking your roleplay/faction are apart of our faction or a troll why hasn't anyone reached out to our leadership and asked us ourselves?

Edited by Cuete
  • Applaud 1