Cash-in-transit robberies/heists discussion thread

Kappaurel

11 minutes ago, Miami said:

Oh absolutely. But if we introduce more of these activities… maybe I’ll only get mugged 3 times a week?

My guy, my friend, my buddy, my pal, mi amigo....

...how exactly are these people going to rob armored cars populated by armed guards? There are things that folks are going to need in order to carry out these activities, things like guns, and money. 

Expect nothing short of an uptick, from the average of four times, to maybe eight times a week. Lots of people are going to be on the prowl for a 'FeAr rP' freebie gun to use in these heists. 

I wonder if these vans are going to be equipped with actual modern day countermeasures to stop CITs? Such as CCTV with off-site recording, security access control doors, accurate GPS tracking and bullet/explosive resistant chassis? 

I hope it's not a case of all these are going to be non existent, because that's not at all accurate to a modern day CIT vehicle and would be a little silly if they don't allow that, specially with the amount they'd be assumingly carrying. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

My guy, my friend, my buddy, my pal, mi amigo....

...how exactly are these people going to rob armored cars populated by armed guards? There are things that folks are going to need in order to carry out these activities, things like guns, and money. 

Expect nothing short of an uptick, from the average of four times, to maybe eight times a week. Lots of people are going to be on the prowl for a 'FeAr rP' freebie gun to use in these heists. 

Where's the optimism? I expect a slight uptick followed by a constant downward slope to 0. Just give 'em more things to do that don't involve us civilian RPers. Please?

I'm personally not a fan of this due to the fact that it's gatekept by official legal factions that are security companies only which will deter players from joining other security companies that are starting up that don't have that same script support. It almost seems as if security on the server is being tailored to two factions specifically and other companies have no chance at starting up due to the countless restrictions (unable to receive tasers, unable to receive vehicles with amber lights, unable to partake in the cash in transit system, and many more). 

Anyone with a security business that has been approved by LFM should be able to partake in this kind of roleplay. 

Edited by Narco
26 minutes ago, Narco said:

I'm personally not a fan of this due to the fact that it's gatekept by official legal factions that are security companies only which will deter players from joining other security companies that are starting up that don't have that same script support. It almost seems as if security on the server is being tailored to two factions specifically and other companies have no chance at starting up due to the countless restrictions (unable to receive tasers, unable to receive vehicles with amber lights, unable to partake in the cash in transit system, and many more). 

Anyone with a security business that has been approved by LFM should be able to partake in this kind of roleplay. 

Preach, never understood why all these things are behind faction walls when they're legitimately COMPANIES. Some factions are just given insane and unfair monopolies and its not very motivating at all.

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 2
Just now, Martyn said:

Preach, never understood why all these things are behind faction walls when they're legitimately COMPANIES. Some factions are just given insane and unfair monopolies and its not very motivating at all.

100% agree with this, majority of the "security" scripts are all tailored to official factions and there's only about two of them which deters anybody from wanting to join the start ups which have 0 support.

3 hours ago, Helm said:

Does anyone know if the trucks G6 / other companies are going to be using for this are actually bulletproof? They need to be just as impenetrable as the TARV, or else these heists are going to be too easy, since there won't be any need to wait for an opening, you can just block the truck in and point a gun through the not actually bulletproof glass to threaten whoever's inside. 

If they're actually bulletproof, then there will be a need to wait for the truck to be vulnerable - when one or both occupants are outside of it. 

The Stockade model in-game that we're using at the moment is bulletproof model-wise, so shooting it does nothing, including the windows.

1 hour ago, Narco said:

41 minutes ago, Martyn said:

39 minutes ago, Narco said:

100% agree with this, majority of the "security" scripts are all tailored to official factions and there's only about two of them which deters anybody from wanting to join the start ups which have 0 support.

This is all invalid, as the security script is a business type, not a faction type. Everyone who applies for a security business through the UCP with PM can go install alarms, respond to alarms and do CIT deliveries.

7 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

The Stockade model in-game that we're using at the moment is bulletproof model-wise, so shooting it does nothing, including the windows.

This is all invalid, as the security script is a business type, not a faction type. Everyone who applies for a security business through the UCP with PM can go install alarms, respond to alarms and do CIT deliveries.

LFM quite literally told me the CIT deliveries are faction only. An arrogant response like this was unneeded. 

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

LFM quite literally told me the CIT deliveries are faction only. An arrogant response like this was unneeded. 

Havent spoken with LFM, I've been left with the impression myself that CIT deliveries will be linked to alarm script.

Regardless, everyone earns their position on the server. Took me about a year of active business roleplay till Gruppe 6 was moved to being a faction.