Reduce Legal Paychecks

Smilesville

40 minutes ago, milk said:

I raised funds for that ICly with a friend who agreed to be business partners and both contributed $120,000 towards our $240,000 business. It’s doable, just not realistically doable for every average joe to create his dream business - as it should be. 

You can apply for a Government subsidy and get the funding you need to start your business within reason.

https://gov.gta.world/stimuluspackages

I feel like a lot of players completely overlook the GOV faction at the resources it can provide.

1 hour ago, Rybyn said:

Everytime I've asked about this I was told it's an IC budgeting thing by City Gov.

It is supposed to be and there is a system that @AVRO DANKASTER created. I'm not familiar with all the details but I do know that it was not/has not been implemented. 

I personally am only involved with the Courts and DOJ which are mostly on the State level, as for local Government i'm not sure what the current status is but I do know that there are plenty of resources available to players on the GOV portal. 

You can even register yourself as someone who is looking for employment. Businesses will reach out to people registered as 'Job Seekers' to hire them. No one seems to be using that feature. 

Businesses can also list themselves as hiring, some folks do take advantage of that. It also appears in game. 

Edited by Hollywood
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, milk said:

Until the construction and supplying of businesses are free, nobody is going to “let all be free.” And that’s probably not happening any time soon.

Il try to cut down my level of sarcasm. OF course I don't want it to be free. I want the opposite. Everything should cost much higher and scripted jobs should give out lower pay(Not sarcasm).

Throwing my two cents, I own a Jester that I can barely afford the taxes on. I do not own a home I literally live in my car. I'm a P2 and I currently have only 40k in the bank.

These paychecks are low. I do not get much. I cannot get enough to realistically support myself to live. So no. I don't see an issue with the paychecks in my opinion but I don't complain they are low but if you take it away or make it lower, I will complain that paychecks are low and I'd rather be a civilian at that point. Not in it for money but if I don't get shit from it then I'm gonna bounce. I personally do not see a problem with the legal paychecks and believe they are not that high, they are in normal ranges.

After reading everything that has been said here, I agree with a lot of the points that have been mentioned. Government faction members do receive a large amount of money but in the end it evens out.

I wouldn't be against lowering the standard paycheck to $1000 when they are off-duty and then they get their on-duty paycheck for every hour spent on duty if that is possible.

I saw someone mention that it should be lowered to $100 off-duty which just... It wouldn't be too viable but it is still an option in my opinion.

What you see in game from Government factions isn't everything, there is a huge amount of work that is put into both behind the scenes. Members of PD do have to do paperwork for a lot of things IC, especially those who command a division and it's the same as FD. The paychecks that they get off-duty make up for that work, that needs to be considered as well, without a lot of that work, these factions would not run.

Higher members of such factions should monitor what those below them are doing, as I run Recruitment in PD, I have had to contact multiple people to confirm whether or not they would realistically have their neon pink Carbonizzare while applying to the department.

How I see it is the paychecks are just a standard thing that can be used to expand role-play but they really aren't a big deal, you don't need to have a fancy house and fancy car to role-play a character. It makes sense to rent somewhere and have less money, role-play budgeting and asking for a few dollars here and there for a taco at the local 24/7.

It's not about winning and being the richest person on the server, it's about enjoying your role-play and developing your character and relationships accordingly, I am fine with how paychecks are currently but I'm not opposed to them being lowered within reason.

7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

That's a 200k+ car, why don't you just sell it until you've got a decent sustained revenue? 

Because it's roleplay and people make bad financial decisions?

11 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

Those two statements... sort of contradict each other, no? =/ 

Not when people get high paychecks for their first 40 hours. Has nothing to do with legal factions.

20 minutes ago, Frezemis said:

Throwing my two cents, I own a Jester that I can barely afford the taxes on. I do not own a home I literally live in my car. I'm a P2 and I currently have only 40k in the bank.

If only you had a high value item you could sell, to afford an affordable home. 

• Applaud 1
2 minutes ago, Thirteen said:

If only you had a high value item you could sell, to afford an affordable home. 

People make bad financial mistakes. You build character development. This is a topic about Legal Factions wages, not my character's poor decisions or shelter situation. I threw my two cents in to contribute to the topic, I'm not sitting on hundreds and thousands of dollars with the faction pay.

29 minutes ago, Frezemis said:

That is literally your own fault. The paychecks are stupidly high and people buying sports cars because they have the money without extra thought is half of the problem with it. There's certain people within the faction who have millions because of how active they are.