Juveniles and Policing

Shekh

The way legal facs like PD handle juvenile roleplayers leaves more to be desired.  They treat them almost identically to how they treat adults. If a child evades or shoplifts, they will get a full blown adult treatment and thrown in county jail. I evaded police after a non violent crime and got 1 day 6 hours in countyt ( 1 month 6 days RPly) . 

PD should change their approach and have OOC guidelines on how to RP around minors, i've done what my character did IRL and police just warned me and dropped me home, so why is my character getting a month in an adult prison?

The two options to solve this are: Make a juvenile detention centre or make OOC guidlines about how PD should treat child rpers. 
IMO both should be implemented.

• Upvote 4

I don't see anything wrong with cops treating children like adults when they've committed a serious crime. besides anyone can pretend to be 16 at one point and 2 days later theyre suddenly 25 so yeah its kinda PG ish if you ask me. Would be nice people were forced to stick to one age and age their char in real-time instead of just skipping phases of their lives every few days/months

Edited by Raindance
  • Upvote 3
Just now, Raindance said:

I don't see anything wrong with cops treating children like adults when they've committed a serious crime. besides anyone can pretend to be 16 at one point and 2 days later theyre suddenly 25 so yeah its kinda PG ish if you ask me. Would be nice people were forced to RP one age that cops can see on their ID

So you think it is fair for someone to resist arrest and get thrown into adult prison when they rp 14-15? You are probably the very person i'm talking about then, if you rp every age the same to your character then you are bad at rping.

1 minute ago, Shekh said:

So you think it is fair for someone to resist arrest and get thrown into adult prison when they rp 14-15? You are probably the very person i'm talking about then, if you rp every age the same to your character then you are bad at rping.

nah i dont depends on the situation. if i see a 14 yo character mowing someone down with an assault rifle or stuff like that ill take it with a grain of salt. 

Edited by Raindance
  • Upvote 1

Definitely with this, petty crimes commited by juveniles usually end with a warning and drop off at the house. If we look at the fact that there is no sepparate housing for juveniles, throwing them in adult jail shouldn't be the cause for the crime.

Just now, Raindance said:

nah i dont depends on the situation. if i see a 14 yo character mowing someone down with an assault rifle ill take it with a grain of salt

thats not what im talking about. I'm talking about PD treating every char the same and treating 14-15 yr olds like adults. PD in real life have sensitivity training and are very nice to minors, but PD ingame have called me a gang banger and locked me up for months icly over running from them.

Just now, Shekh said:

thats not what im talking about. I'm talking about PD treating every char the same and treating 14-15 yr olds like adults. PD in real life have sensitivity training and are very nice to minors, but PD ingame have called me a gang banger and locked me up for months icly over running from them.

just cause you rp a minor means you're exempt from prison sentences? A juvi facility would be nice but i doubt theres the resources for it

Edited by Raindance
1 minute ago, gachette said:

Definitely with this, petty crimes commited by juveniles usually end with a warning and drop off at the house. If we look at the fact that there is no sepparate housing for juveniles, throwing them in adult jail shouldn't be the cause for the crime.

9 minutes ago, Shekh said:

Juvenile or not, you get locked up hard running from the police. wdym? Cops should bring you back home to momma for evading?