Mixing OOC on FB

aldo

1 minute ago, Lmao said:

I agree with that statement, most people in the ages of 30+ post dry humor, political commentary or family photos. As far as I have seen at least.

Unfortunately on here, the feed is constantly filled with "LOL I EAT ASS XD XD" and other edgy shit tier content. At the current age, everyone's mothers and grandmothers are on FB, would make sense to at least try to imitate a somewhat realistic social media portrayal. A fine example on how not to act is Brooke Taylor (from the top of my head, but there are many more). 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, M52B28 said:

Unfortunately on here, the feed is constantly filled with "LOL I EAT *** XD XD" and other edgy *** tier content. At the current age, everyone's mothers and grandmothers are on FB, would make sense to at least try to imitate a somewhat realistic social media portrayal. A fine example on how not to act is Brooke Taylor (from the top of my head, but there are many more). 

That's the thing, they don't know how to RP that kind of stuff. I don't want to shit on people or so, but most characters on FaceBrowser are mostly e-girls / boys that post the same stuff over and over again. And yes, It would be cool to see some variety, but then again, we can't force players to RP something else. 

Edited by Old World Blues
Just now, Old World Blues said:

That's the thing, they don't know how to RP that kind of stuff. I don't want to shit on people or so, but most characters on FaceBrowser are all e-girls / boys that post the same stuff over and over again.

We're just lucky Onlyfans accounts haven't become a thing yet. People wild out like that for attention all the time on social media if they are younger, hell even older people on the rare occasion.

12 hours ago, M52B28 said:

Unfortunately on here, the feed is constantly filled with "LOL I EAT ASS XD XD" and other edgy shit tier content. At the current age, everyone's mothers and grandmothers are on FB, would make sense to at least try to imitate a somewhat realistic social media portrayal. A fine example on how not to act is Brooke Taylor (from the top of my head, but there are many more). 

This 100%. Couldn’t of worded it any better. FaceBrowser is just a meme and a cesspool for E-thots and E-boys at this point and I can’t see it getting better in the near future, so your best bet is to just stay off of it in general to avoid the edginess and cringe of clicked up menyoo users who rarely are in game to actually rp in the first place ??‍♂️ 

Edited by MoCityDon

It's a difficult one to try put into words. Facebrowser is the GTA:World equivalent of Facebook. Considering we're based off LA times, LA weather, It wouldn't surprise me if we based our primary news source as LA news. 

It's hard to constitute what is exactly classed as OOC mixing as surely everything on FB at this point would be classified as mixing. What I'm trying to get at is that we're trying to enforce a realistic website that allows characters to cooperate with one another, meet new people, post whatever (with the regulations in place) - and speak freely. On the other hand, I am aware sometimes it goes a step TOO far and you have one of two options:

1. Report the post
  2. Send the post to a FB moderator

Leading onto a separate point, the "e-thots" or "thots" whatever you want to call them have a right to utilise the website just like every single one of us, how they utilise their account is up to them. The website, I agree, do have a, let's say a different player base and it's very upfront with people showing off their body - don't be bothered by it, just scroll past it. Facebrowser becomes a toxic place if you're intentionally hating on someone's post of let's say in Lingerie. (I'm not saying that you shouldn't this is just my opinion, if you've developed to be cold, rude, whatever, or just opinionated (however you roleplay your character) just keep in mind it causes some sort of tension, like everywhere.)

Facebrowser is a fantastic platform to allow people who aren't currently in-game to talk to people, work in businesses, auction cars, find a house, etc - it's a platform you must use correctly because there will come a time where it'll become so toxic they'll simply remove it - not saying that'll happen any time soon, I just could see it happening.

As aforementioned, I don't think it'd be classed as mixing if you discuss LA news or just US news as we base our entire immersion on LA.

I think we should keep in mind that despite Facebrowser being an IC platform there will be politics within it, news, toxicity and so on, but you don't need to contribute to it, you can simply ignore it (I'm sure lots of people suggest ignoring it) but it's one thing you could do, also, you need to keep in mind that everything posted upon the platform is completely IC - you need to consider how your character would respond not how YOU would respond if that makes sense.

I think everyone's made clear and valid points but you can complain about it all you like, if you're not working on it or reporting it what use is that to us?

Complaining about it may bring admins to regulate FB more often, but it won't weed out those who do mix, you know?

So TL;DR: 

• People have the right to use FB however they want 
  • Mixing with the news is fine to a degree
  • Mixing with OOC hatred should be reported

(( EDIT: You should also bare in mind some people who RP on this server aren't full adults, nor as mature as a 25-year-old, I'll use myself for an example, some people aren't 21+ and they may act childish, but then again that's put upon them. It's not really an excuse people can use, but it is something to keep in mind. ))

17 hours ago, Jennie said:

People use FB to throw their hatred (With OOC reasons)

This isn't necessarily true, I don't know anyone (I RP with) throwing hate at anyone with OOC reasons too - that's a prime example of genuine mixing if you're involving ooc interest to let's say sabotage the other character then yes, I would argue this is mixing and should be regulated. 

On the other hand, you can't exactly moderate all 101 people who sit on FB all day, there'll be the odd few and you do need to keep in mind if they're doing that you should simply direct it in the way of an admin, or report the post alone.

Edited by Selena
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, El Ghetto Man said:

Why does it matter if someone mentions Trump ICly?

It's just a big deal bro. I can't even, damn, it ruins FaceBrowser for me. I wanna see menyoo pictures and people talking about shooting other factions on FaceBrowser and that's it.

• Upvote 2