Importance of cheaters in a rp community

Fabulous

19 hours ago, padinni said:

You say no strandad punishment fits but it’s a mindet issue. Why would you want a cheaters mindset on the server? Atleast I don’t want those kind of people here. 

No only one punishment fits all cheaters it’s permanent ban.

LSRP always permanent banned cheaters and bug abusers, time for GTA W to step up 

Because a permanant ban doesn't work on cheaters. They always find a way around it. Thus the mindset. The one size fits all punishment only tends to affect people who get caught by mistake, like I said with mods or such for other games.

Cheaters, real cheaters? If they're gonna do it, they'll come back and do it again, ban or not. Think about how often you see red text pop for ban evasion and RDM. Those are the guys who're gonna come back time after time. For it to really work you need a certain level of human oversight and the possiblity to have a ban reviewed for the people who weren't supposed to get caught up in it.

Just my train of thought on it.

48 minutes ago, vralf said:

On another note, I believe some characters, such as those with military experience or with a high level of aim should be allowed to use some sort of soft-aimbot, as aiming should not rely on an OOC standpoint, but an IC one.

Better idea, how about auto ptsd and shaking hands in stress situations* for eveterans

*every time you go out in public or the phone rings at home

1 hour ago, vralf said:

image.png

On another note, I believe some characters, such as those with military experience or with a high level of aim should be allowed to use some sort of soft-aimbot, as aiming should not rely on an OOC standpoint, but an IC one.

I'm leaning towards this being satire but uh, an aimbot is literally entirely OOC with no conscious human input. A human roleplaying a veteran with shit aim, even if you ignore all other factors, is still closer to an "IC one" for the sole fact of a conscious human doing the entire thing.

Lmao imagine giving warnings or second chances for cheating. Someone who is so play to win that he uses software to give himself an unfair advantage isn't here to roleplay. They're a disease that needs to be removed with extreme prejudice and haste. And while at it ban/flag everyone who knew they were cheating and benefitted from it, like accomplices on a crime scene.

Criminals thrive on society's compassion. By not enforcing the law you're just teaching them that crime pays off and encouraging more people to do it.

GTAW has always been far too lenient on people who cheat/say racist shit/spout Nazi rhetorics.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 3

You'd also complain if half the illegal community was banned, leading illegal roleplay to fold in on itself and therefore more than half of the server activity. It's not the most moral fix to the solution but probably the most logical one. Of course there was probably an ounce of financial investment in this decision from removing a fraction of the playerbase but it's also in our best interest as players for the server to remain as active as possible. If you have the mentality to cheat here anyway, you're more than likely going to continue too and improved systems to catch cheaters are just going to lead to a ban down the line anyway. 

Two most likely out comes are:

A) Cheater continues to cheat and gets banned. 
B) Somebody who was cheating gets a wake-up call and stops. 

I'm fine with either of those outcomes.