start perma banning the trolls in Davis

It's getting out of hand and this should be dealt with, if you're clearly trolling you should be banned. Davis gets overshadowed by trolls, you literally cannot roleplay for more than 30 minutes without being harassed by randoms wanting to fuck with you for the fun of it and something should be done, keeping them on the server only promotes this type of behavior. 

There should be a no/one warning policy and then a straight ban so they could learn how to rp in LC.

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
13 minutes ago, tony genovese said:

It's getting out of hand and this should be dealt with, if you're clearly trolling you should be banned. Davis gets overshadowed by trolls, you literally cannot roleplay for more than 30 minutes without being harassed by randoms wanting to fuck with you for the fun of it and something should be done, keeping them on the server only promotes this type of behavior. 

There should be a no/one warning policy and then a straight ban so they could learn how to rp in LC.

Look, my guy, you're overreacting and underreporting the facts. 

I saw some guy responsible for gunning down fifteen people at an event, get stopped by a staff member and permanently banned with a chance to appeal in three minutes.

Also, uh... I'm not sure you've heard, but... uh... LC is gone. T2 issued a C&D, and the server was shut down. There's no more LC to go to.

Edited by DasFroggy
6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Look, my guy, you're overreacting and underreporting the facts. 

I saw some guy responsible for gunning down fifteen people at an event, get stopped by a staff member and permanently banned with a chance to appeal in three minutes.

Also, uh... I'm not sure you've heard, but... uh... LC is gone. T2 issued a C&D, and the server was shut down. There's no more LC to go to.

Don't think he's overreacting to anything. There's a massive issue with trolls and general piss poor roleplay in the area and things really should be being cracked down on.

• Upvote 10
  • Applaud 2
10 minutes ago, Tony said:

Don't think he's overreacting to anything. There's a massive issue with trolls and general piss poor roleplay in the area and things really should be being cracked down on.

You should probably reread the tail end there, I'm in agreement with him, and don't actually think he's overreacting.

17 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

That is a too high border. It shouldn't need attacking a big event to make such a punishable offense.

Take in account how much effort staff puts into controlling players that actually play by the rules- property management, faction management, what not else.

The reason they slack with chasing trolls is simply that no one's specifically responsible just for that - and no one of sane mind would do it voluntarily as it's annoying to deal with, of course. I get that.

However, it would be fruitful to raise the overall standard to do so. RPQM in theory should handle such but it's 1) too slow working and 2) way too intransparent to actually sort out non-persistent matters - The situation might be persistant, the characters causing it are NOT, and thus attempting to adress individual "quality" issues just seems far fetched for such a scenario even if one thinks the general idea is good  (I don't but that's off topic).

Directing at faction management explicitly:

Upholding us (official factions) to high standards, which constantly get compromised as soon as we interact with the broad public, is pretty vain, just imho.

• Wuhtah locked this topic