GTAW 3.3 : Development blog & Illegal update

Message added by 808Masterus,

LS Chat has also a browser version, which can be found here - https://chat.gta.world/

12 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I like everything apart from the fact signal jammers on house alarms sounds ridiculously OP, login at 5AM at dead times and you have 10min of free access to literally the biggest of houses anywhere on the map. Alarms would immediately go off the second signal is lost or electricity cut off or whatever, sounds like some mission impossible esque shit to me.

Breakin's require a admin anyway, and they don't take them that early, with zero cops on anyway.

I'd like to believe that admins that handle breakins will not just accept that any random thief will be using a signal jammer to hardcounter a house alarm that probably has millions of dollars behind in R&D.

I'd like to think that they won't be incredibly easy to make through the crafting system, and that IFM will be very careful with how and who they hand them out to.

I'd like to trust admins will not allow some cheap thing all illegals will have and be allowed to use, to hardcounter entire security firms with tens of players (perhaps a hundred if we account for all security employees) in them, so they can easily rob hundreds of dollars in items from safes in houses in expensive areas such as Vinewood or Richman, from players that spend 30-40-50k/month for their alarms to work.

xd

Edited by Kappaurel

Signal jammer needs to go, imo, like fuck legal rpers I guess. 💀 Way way way OP. That was the only red flag I saw. I feel bad for admins, break-in requests are gonna be shooting through the roof after this.

Edited by Brihannah
  • Upvote 5

Cool update. 
But yeah as people mention jammer is too good. Real-life high-tech alarms have anti-jammers, meaning they will alarm as soon as they feel being jammed. Often they have like a backup signal to do this.

It should only work on lower level alarms. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Cartoonhead said:

Breakin's require a admin anyway, and they don't take them that early, with zero cops on anyway.

As someone who owns a security company, thus having to deal with property alarms on the daily. You are very wrong, I think 90percent of our alarms are in the late nights and early mornings when there's barely anyone online.

Edited by Martyn
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

As someone who owns a security company, thus having to deal with property alarms on the daily. You are very wrong, I think 90percent of our alarms are in the late nights and early mornings when there's barely anyone online.

I think you'd find those are /robhouses that don't affect the owners actual items and in turn, really don't matter.

• Applaud 1