Why is LCN RP so stigmatized?

subway244
Message added by goddessoflife,

Hello, will your post on this discussion be one of the following stated below?

Trollish, ai generated text, random pictures and comments that do not contribute to the discussion.

Then please do not post. Are you going to post anyway? You'll be content moderated without any questions asked.

From the Skipper (Busato):

For those confused by my previous post: clearly you didn't play LSRP or pay attention to their LCN scene but if you did I challenge you to point out anything untrue about my statement. I have too much respect for that faction to not chime in when I see someone like Gallagher make such an egregious and false claim.

I apologize if some of these statements rub people the wrong way or come off as cocky but I'm not one to throw out fake narratives like Gallagher. I tell it like it is and sometimes the truth hurts.

On 5/28/2023 at 11:58 PM, Yamashiro said:

This topic still on going. God LOL.

MafiaRPG roleplayer here, hella long ago but yeah. (2006-2010)

I remember yearly we’d vote on the forums about turning back the clock. This was probably like 2007-2008, the start of the forums and realism was becoming a thing. (70’s, 80’s, 90’s). In late 2008/2009 we switched to what was called ‘five fixed families’ & your character had one life, if your were killed it was a character kill. I can’t remember the names of the families back then. Another time there was a complete reset, and a fantasy map was created which replicated real locations. Lucan Lucchesi helped build half the map, i can’t remember if he was the admin then, or it was Geth & co. 

Brings back memories of  simpler times 😂. MafiaRPGers then switched to LSRP, including myself and joined Valenti. You’d MafiaRPGers who made up the higher hierarchy, the likes of Ahmed, Geth, JC, Alexion & AJ Ettore.

Geth was a soldier very briefly and Alexion was an associate, but yes, much of Valenti originated from Habbo.

I think it's fair to say that many of us starting out roleplaying without all the bells and whistles GTA has to offer played a part in why Valenti was so far ahead of the curve for many years. While Valenti was the first to put serious effort into portraying their genre and developing lifelike characters, most other factions played LSRP as a glorified cops 'n' robbers and it took years for them to catch up. Of course, the astute leadership of Santino and many others was a major contributor to the faction's success as well. Although Valenti was the original gold standard when it came to roleplay quality and realism, we still found a balance and kept the game fun instead of being overly obsessed with realism.

Only God knows what the roleplay scene would have looked like without the pioneers from MafiaRPG and Valenti. I strongly believe that GTAW essentially outlawing the genre that led the way for  criminal roleplay for years is a disgrace and telltale sign that the push for realism has gone too far. Others have already done a good job outlining the foolishness of this decision. Fortunately, there should be a new hub for LCN opening in the near future and no, I'm not talking about LSRP.

On 6/1/2023 at 9:36 AM, Hadrian said:

The true LCN historians will appreciate the following:

image.png?width=1452&height=587à

Brought to you by the original wiseguys of Los Santos:

sa-mp-053.png

I hope Yotam doesn't mind me putting this out there but for those who don't know, that 10 (?) year old Israeli kid John Vincenzo ended up being one of the longest-standing and most prolific captains in Valenti history, the notorious Donald "Ducks" Rigazzi. Possibly the best example of a faction helping develop a noob into a fantastic roleplayer and leader. In turn, Yotam imparted his knowledge on myself and many other members of his crew. If you see this, Yotam, hit me up on Discord.

• Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Too.Legendary said:

That's a BIG lie.

Do your research. I'm not going to argue with you. You can have the evidence in front of you, a prolific underboss in the mafia world, and people will still say it's a lie. Listen to the people, you have no idea, are you in the mob? I'll post the video one more time, just for you.

Edited by Joseph_Campo
  • Upvote 1
On 5/22/2023 at 6:06 AM, Joseph_Campo said:

I'm going to post a video, and I want you guys to fast-forward to 21 minutes. This video is days old, someone just so happens to ask Samuel Gravano if he had ever run into a West Coast "family". He answers no,  but also goes to say he's always known it to be open territory. What that means? I'll leave that to you. But truly, if you don't think there is mob presence in California, you're horribly wrong. If you do your research online, the leftover of LA crime family is suspected to be an extension of one of the familes' at this time, and no longer considered a family.

On 5/30/2023 at 12:19 AM, Uncut said:

time to rp a perfect character, oh yeah nobody can hate on me because im a cool strong mobster, you cant touch me, yes.

oh yeah? I can use my characters's italian-american background for any bullshit racism/homophobic narrative that is going on because

remember that episode with vito? yes very true LCN

🤓

• Upvote 3

All due respect to this kid Gallagher, but he's way out of line talking about the old school mobsters the way he is. On Habbo Hotel, the online virtual hangout for teens, our crime family - the Bolognese - was the first to use the grey carpet rug furniture item (cost: two credits) as stretches of road. (This was before proper road furniture was added to the game.) It took other crime families years to start copying our furniture design processes. We were also the first to get /masked associate characters to play as strippers, because at the time there were no women on the server - and we did not believe women were seriously minded enough to engage with the Cosa Nostra concept.

I also made one of the first boats on the game, using metal divider furniture and more grey rugs. This made roleplaying dumping bodies in the water much more immersive. 

People can mock us LCN roleplayers for talking so earnestly about some roleplay that happened about fourteen years ago, but this only betrays their lack of interest in culture and history. The pioneers of the LCN scene made an impact that will be felt for generations still - much to the chagrin of their many critics. Cogito, ergo sum. Veni, vidi, vici. 

John Williams Waterhouse - The Favourites of the Emperor Honorius (1883).jpg

Bon abeti.

• Upvote 7