Property Vouchers

mj2002

Starter checks shouldn't be a thing for all characters and they're more often than not used maliciously.(buying vehicles / items off of friends with them, passed through blackjack script, etc). With how bad the economy is right now I feel like we could move away from these and instead encourage new characters to try out script jobs or player-run businesses. Keep the starter checks for accounts with maybe under 100 hours.

Working a handful of shifts you can get enough to buy an apartment from the server, they aren't as scarce as people make them seem... But beggars can't be choosers. Gotta take what's available for low. You can't stop abuse easily but this gives room for people to make characters they won't play, get an apartment and give keys to their whole gang. Maybe to add to the suggestion, don't allow more than one of these active at a time, account-wide, and keep tenants limited to one or none.

3 hours ago, mikethemike said:

To clarify, your suggestion is for this to replace new player checks?

No, it's not. As the first post suggests, the new player checks can be reduced. They shouldn't be removed.

1 hour ago, Amellis said:

You can't stop abuse easily but this gives room for people to make characters they won't play, get an apartment and give keys to their whole gang. Maybe to add to the suggestion, don't allow more than one of these active at a time, account-wide, and keep tenants limited to one or none.

I agree that this is possible for abuse, but on the other hand this is also already possible in the current system. I wouldn't limit this to one character per account because that's too limiting for players that have more than one active character.

Edited by mj2002
15 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Good point. I'll add a part where the property can only be returned to the server in exchange for the voucher. I guess that makes more sense?

Personally, I think a better alternative would be PM introducing these vouchers on a request based system. Nothing official, just get in touch with a PM admin and briefly explain why this property benefits the character. For example, if I'm a Sandy Shores roleplayer, I can reach out to PM and explain that I'm struggling to get a property due to availability or money reasons. The voucher would help there, but I also think PM briefly mentioned they were going to implement a mortgage system which sort of defeats the purpose of having a voucher since house payments can be made in monthly installments. The idea itself you had is great though; but I think PM might be implementing something that will eliminate the need for a suggestion like this. 

On 4/17/2023 at 8:40 AM, mj2002 said:

No, it's not. As the first post suggests, the new player checks can be reduced. They shouldn't be removed.

I agree that this is possible for abuse, but on the other hand this is also already possible in the current system. I wouldn't limit this to one character per account because that's too limiting for players that have more than one active character.

Oh okay. Sorry, misunderstood it a bit then which is why I reached out for clarify. I support this for sure then.

• 2 months later...