Property Vouchers

mj2002

Summary

• Grant every created character a property voucher
  • Reduce new player checks

Detailed Description

Each newly created character receives a property voucher which they can spend on a property purchased from the server. Depending on the preferred implementation; 

• The voucher has a value of X (for example: $125.000) that can be used on a residential property regardless of its cost, or
  • The voucher an only be used on properties that cost X (for example: $125.000) or less, or
  • The voucher can only be used on a specific selection of apartment buildings

In return, the new player checks are reduced by a certain amount, for example, down from $200.000 to $150.000. Additionally, just like normal mechanics, the residential properties purchased using this vouches are taken away from players when they cannot meet activity standards. However, when the property is removed, the voucher is returned to the character. The player can only sell this property back to the server in exchange for the voucher, or with additional funds depending if it was purchased with additional funds. There could be a minimum playtime on a character to use this voucher if it is deemed necessary, but I wouldn't put that above like 4 or 8 hours myself. That should be more than enough.

Relevant Commands/Items

Adjustments to the menus and commands that allow players to buy properties from the server. Voucher system itself, of course.

How will it benefit the server?

"Immediately" allow players to get a property and start roleplaying with it. In turn, reduce the amount of money being introduced into the economy through new player checks.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 2

I like the sound and idea of the suggestion, but there’s also room for abuse on this. What’s stopping people from using these vouchers, then selling the property on to their friends, to sell back to their main eventually in theory getting the property for discounted prices. If new players are serious about getting a property for roleplay means and are genuinely struggling, they could always reach out to PM. The majority of properties available usually have a market price of less than 150,000 too, effectively just giving out more properties for peoples new characters for free. I’d imagine an implementation of this sort would require a lot of work for the already busy PM team and possible script changes to accommodate the voucher system. 

5 hours ago, $$ said:

I like the sound and idea of the suggestion, but there’s also room for abuse on this. What’s stopping people from using these vouchers, then selling the property on to their friends, to sell back to their main eventually in theory getting the property for discounted prices. If new players are serious about getting a property for roleplay means and are genuinely struggling, they could always reach out to PM. The majority of properties available usually have a market price of less than 150,000 too, effectively just giving out more properties for peoples new characters for free. I’d imagine an implementation of this sort would require a lot of work for the already busy PM team and possible script changes to accommodate the voucher system. 

Good point. I'll add a part where the property can only be returned to the server in exchange for the voucher. I guess that makes more sense?