Robbery rule.

30 minutes ago, Astralsomnia said:

Kidnapping to rob someone I don't think is too common, even on this server, but if someone planned it out they should be rewarded for their scheme.

It used to be the "meta" for robberies, hence why it's against the rules. People used to roll up, force you into their car, then drive you to the middle of buttfuck nowhere to take everything you have & just leave you there. It was over-done & just cringe in general so it was banned.

Make it so you're not allowed to rob firearms & watch how rapidly the robbery rate slows down. People are only robbing for guns, nothing else. I got robbed yesterday and had a $10,000 watch on me. They saw I had no gun and left, like.

Edited by PeopleKind
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, isco said:

Just because you or someone else prefers to perform a house break-in or break into a car to lower your risk, it shouldn't render mugging impossible and completely restricted rulewise. It's still something people would want to roleplay at some point or should at least be able to, new or old players and illegal or legal. 

Some people may do it out of lack of imagination or for script gain only, however that would be the exact same case in breaking into cars or houses. There could be a lot of stuff inside, or it could be nada. High risk ??? reward, as you said yourself.

I find it wrong that a certain aspect of criminal roleplay is so restricted to the point where it's almost impossible. If these rules should apply for mugging, the exact same rules should apply for house break in's or vehicle break-in's.

The point I am trying to get across is that the mugging rules at this point are way too tight right now, and clearly only for this type of crime. My suggesting remains as I mentioned in my post before.

Do you know why other types of crime are less restricted? Precisely cause of lack of imagination. People ran rampart with fast cars and BF400 bikes to that extent, that BF400s had to be nerfed. Many people started playing indoors cause of high robbery rate. It technically did impact every single player on the server at one time. House break-ins were moderated from start for example.

3 minutes ago, ClaudeSpeed said:

i remember getting robbed 5 times just in a single day by different players when i first joined. it was really frustrating and we couldn't do any outdoor rp back then. I guess now there's a bit of freedom to rp outside without constantly getting robbed. Not all players look at this from an RP perspective, most of them are doing it just for your assets and nothing else. 

Said players would be weeded out eventually and should be punished accordingly. This breaks multiple rules already, without even counting the robbery rule.

However, the rules shouldn't be extremely tight on the whole server, just because of a few bad apples ruining it for the rest trying to experience this type of roleplay.

8 minutes ago, isco said:

Just because you or someone else prefers to perform a house break-in or break into a car to lower your risk, it shouldn't render mugging impossible and completely restricted rulewise. It's still something people would want to roleplay at some point or should at least be able to, new or old players and illegal or legal. 

Some people may do it out of lack of imagination or for script gain only, however that would be the exact same case in breaking into cars or houses. There could be a lot of stuff inside, or it could be nada. High risk ??? reward, as you said yourself.

I find it wrong that a certain aspect of criminal roleplay is so restricted to the point where it's almost impossible. If these rules should apply for mugging, the exact same rules should apply for house break in's or vehicle break-in's.

The point I am trying to get across is that the mugging rules at this point are way too tight right now, and clearly only for this type of crime. My suggesting remains as I mentioned in my post before.

The rules are tight because it killed civilian RP, without that. This is nothing more but a glorified cops and robbers server... Oh wait...

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Do you know why other types of crime are less restricted? Precisely cause of lack of imagination. People ran rampart with fast cars and BF400 bikes to that extent, that BF400s had to be nerfed. Many people started playing indoors cause of high robbery rate. It technically did impact every single player on the server at one time. House break-ins were moderated from start for example.

Sure, but you're telling me that the simple suggestion to allow getaway vehicles be placed blocks away as everything else is conducted on foot is too much, and would allow robberies to run as rampant again?

I understand why the rest of the rules of mugging is in place, however I believe this is just tightening the noose way too much. This completely killed the roleplay entirely surrounding mugging.

6 minutes ago, isco said:

Sure, but you're telling me that the simple suggestion to allow getaway vehicles be placed blocks away as everything else is conducted on foot is too much, and would allow robberies to run as rampant again?

I understand why the rest of the rules of mugging is in place, however I believe this is just tightening the noose way too much. This completely killed the roleplay entirely surrounding mugging.

There seem to bea misunderstanding. A mugging is allowed and unchecked technically. You see a mugging is a crime where you simply beat someone and take their belongings. The rule is about people using cars in armed robberies. Cause holding someone at a gun point in some alley while having a car nearby, is not a mugging. It's armed robbery. It's same as storming into a store with a gun. If you wanna mug someone sure go ahead. There shouldn't be a limit to a simple mugging cause it's usually done without using a gun. As long as a gun is used...it's not a mugging. But an armed robbery.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

There seem to bea misunderstanding. A mugging is allowed and unchecked technically. You see a mugging is a crime where you simply beat someone and take their belongings. The rule is about people using cars in armed robberies. Cause holding someone at a gun point in some alley while having a car nearby, is not a mugging. It's armed robbery. It's same as storming into a store with a gun. If you wanna mug someone sure go ahead. There shouldn't be a limit to a simple mugging cause it's usually done without using a gun. As long as a gun is used...it's not a mugging. But an armed robbery.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but if you read the section of Robbing/Mugging in the In-Game rules, you'll see that these fall under the exact same category. Even under the official definition of mugging, it's not what you just described. Muggings can and do involve weapons. Also you can't compare committing a store robbery to robbing an individual in an alley, as those are not the same. 

I am not here to discuss said element with you, neither obligated to clarify what the term consists of. However my point still stands that the rules are way too strict as they are right now, not allowing any vehicles /AT ALL/ in connection with said robberies/muggings. I believe that the following addition to the mugging/robbing rules is too strict and limits the roleplay within this aspect way too much, in combination with the fact that no vehicles are allowed at all;

"you park up with said vehicle some blocks away and run over to a location in order to mug someone."

This renders getaway vehicles in connection with robberies/muggings against the rules, forcing the whole ordeal from the very start to finish to take place on foot.

On 4/4/2023 at 5:16 PM, Ski said:

People constantly rolled around in blacked out Torrences to scout for people to rob. This led people to be virtually non existent out in the streets other than cops and illegal roleplayers - 

I understand that but that is why we have cool downs  and rules for them to follow so the robbery is not perfomed in open eye... if caught it should be an IC issue, if people want to walk around with loads of cash, fancy watches, chains, then them roleplayers should face consiquences  on a IC level... ie you're a proor criminal RPer you're on your come up so you're robbing to gain cash, I get targetting people for no reason, but if they're all out here flashy you should be able to perform the robbery proper criminal RPers don't just target anyone at random... not being able to park up your car or even use it?? It just baffled me.. people pick and choose what they want to Roleplay, if you're out here acting like some big Drug dealer or Gun dealer, rapper, or even just a fancy high end character, you literually have nothing to be scared for.. I appreciate your input, it's always good to see what others think.

Thats the thing, robberies happen to random people. I could be a homeless as FUCK character and I could get robbed simply cause im sat outside and people might think I have money. Until that mindset changes of ‘Oh look a person, lets rob them’ to planning out things and not robbing every joe, jane and whatever that walks down the street. I think current rules are necessary.

its also necessary given, robberies such as the ones on GTAWorld aren’t as frequent irl as they are on the server. I doubt as a ‘wealthy rper’ or even average joe I am gonna be robbed randomly walking into my own house or simply down the street irl.

Edited by Jorgensen
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
50 minutes ago, isco said:

I'm sorry to break it to you, but if you read the section of Robbing/Mugging in the In-Game rules, you'll see that these fall under the exact same category. Even under the official definition of mugging, it's not what you just described. Muggings can and do involve weapons. Also you can't compare committing a store robbery to robbing an individual in an alley, as those are not the same. 

I am not here to discuss said element with you, neither obligated to clarify what the term consists of. However my point still stands that the rules are way too strict as they are right now, not allowing any vehicles /AT ALL/ in connection with said robberies/muggings. I believe that the following addition to the mugging/robbing rules is too strict and limits the roleplay within this aspect way too much, in combination with the fact that no vehicles are allowed at all;

"you park up with said vehicle some blocks away and run over to a location in order to mug someone."

This renders getaway vehicles in connection with robberies/muggings against the rules, forcing the whole ordeal from the very start to finish to take place on foot.

I am also sorry to break it to you, but the rules are in place, because people drove from one end of the city to another several times looking for someone to rob. And no using a gun during a mugging actually adds more charges to the act commited, reclassifying it to an armed robbery. Example of mugging I witnessed yesterday - bunch of people brawling, one ended up on the ground, others took his belongings and ran away. Example of what the rules are actually trying to combat - A car swerves towards you and several masked people with guns hop out, hold you at gunpoint and take everything you have and then hop back in and speed away. Difference - 1st one is a brawl combined with mugging. 2nd is armed robbery. 1st one happened on the gang's turf, that was doing the brawl (victim wasn't a local inhabitant) 2nd one can happen anywhere and anytime as long as robbers have a car. There is a also a chain robbing rule, because people would otherwise just gring robberies.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, isco said:

Said players would be weeded out eventually and should be punished accordingly. This breaks multiple rules already, without even counting the robbery rule.

The stock phrase that gets repeated before every new rule that limits criminal activity, "jUsT rEpOrT iT". My guy, we've got people literally LYING TO ADMINS in reports and getting off with unofficial warnings as punishment. It'd take fifty reports and a month of waiting for each one to get a single troublemaker removed from the server temporarily. Forget about how long it'd take to get them every time they get their appeal approved because they "don't know the ban reason" or pretend to apologize hard enough to cause friction burns before they go right back to breaking the rules again. What you're proposing isn't sustainable with the current admin team approach. If that isn't fixed first, your 'solution' can never happen.

1 hour ago, isco said:

it shouldn't render mugging impossible

It isn't impossible? I routinely mug people, and focus on doing it for roleplay. I'm usually careful about when and where I do it too, and I've actually had people pay out decently because of my efforts to 'break the mold' of shit-tier mugging roleplay that seems so prominent these days. Try doing it for roleplay rather than asset gains, you'll see success.

2 hours ago, Astralsomnia said:

if someone planned it out they should be rewarded for their scheme.

This is actually allowed. If you know enough about the mark (like their name and profession), you have enough to conduct a 'planned' mugging, in which vehicle usage and/or kidnapping is allowed. 

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1