Robbery rule.

Really enjoy the rule, makes players think about a robbery rather than just randomly pulling up to someone that’s on the side of the road wearing a duffel bag in their car and aiming a gun at them demanding their stuff.. takes no skill and is poor quality rp.

rule is fine as is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kraethas said:

A civilian ignores Fear RP and tries to defend themselves --> They get Force CKd, sometimes even in the first occurrence.

As they should.

2 minutes ago, Kraethas said:

A "bad apple" criminal roleplayer breaks a robbery rule, they get warnings, ajails, bans, they write "oh I am sorry I had not understood the rule" and a little while later they're back in the streets, rolling with their crew, doing the same shit. At worst they may reroll a new character with the same concept and affiliations and life goes on.

Any admin with half a brain in place knows not to limit themselves to warnings, they can see people's records and if there is one in place already, I highly doubt they'll just drop a second warning. That's an excuse that can really only get pulled once. Did you expect admins to CK someone for not being aware of the rules?

Maybe, just maybe, less people would be using that excuse if the rules didn't have seven thousand lines of exceptions and criteria to go through if you want to stick up someone.

4 minutes ago, snakecharmer said:

Maybe, just maybe, less people would be using that excuse if the rules didn't have seven thousand lines of exceptions and criteria to go through if you want to stick up someone.

I mean... Maybe they wouldn't have so many lines and exceptions if people had not exhibited in the past (ON ALL SIDES, let's be fair) a desire to bend, find loopholes and get an advantage in some way over their fellow (hu)man.

It's the same reason why a pack of nuts bears the disclaimer "Warning: Contains nuts" 😲

Edited by Kraethas

10 minutes ago, Kraethas said:

A civilian ignores Fear RP and tries to defend themselves --> They get Force CKd, sometimes even in the first occurrence.

Anyone who intentionally ignores any kind of RP should be punished, especially fear RP.
Most of the time people ignore it due to their sour attitude of a undesirable outcome should definitely be given a punishment.

But hey, can u provide like a example of this case?

4 minutes ago, Jax said:

Anyone who intentionally ignores any kind of RP should be punished, especially fear RP.
Most of the time people ignore it due to their sour attitude of a undesirable outcome should definitely be given a punishment.

You missed the point I'm afraid. 

The point was not "be more lax with civilians" and never did I imply that doing unrealistic and dumb shit should not get you killed. Yes, anyone that ignores Fear RP in a deadly situation should be Force CK'd.

The point, is: 

A "bad apple" criminal roleplayer breaks a robbery rule, they get warnings, ajails, bans, they write "oh I am sorry I had not understood the rule" and a little while later they're back in the streets, rolling with their crew, doing the same shit. At worst they may reroll a new character with the same concept and affiliations and life goes on.

And

Ultimately, while in RL "innocent until proven guilty" works wonders, maybe it should be the other way around? Maybe the weight of proving they have done nothing wrong and they respected their fellow players through and through should burden primarily the perpetrator and not the victim?

There are ways. Plenty, and have been mentioned in a lot of places before

2 hours ago, Kraethas said:

I am new to GTA W. However, I have played on Red Dead RP (now Red Dead World) back in November and December. This was a HUGE issue on that server. Muggers like SCAR and the people playing Comanche would constantly be roaming around robbing and killing people and if you ever tried to resist as a "bounty hunter" or "deputy/sheriff" or some other type of law enforcement you were always instantly CKed. Why? Because there was a rule that if you break fear RP you will be CKed no questions asked. Please appeal. (Especially on dead or a live bounties.)

Since I applied to be a bounty hunter, this basically meant that I couldn't go after and dead or alive bounties because the 600 dollar bounty on someone's head wasn't worth the CK. It basically made it so they never really had anyone ever coming after them because no one wanted to risk the CK on their character they rped for hundreds of hours. I see a similar thing here except it's just normal people.

What is the point of having legal IC training to defend yourself and others by being a guard or LEO and not being able to try and defend yourself as one would realistically do if a few thugs with no official training came up on you. Realistically if that happened, the hatred of police would mean they would kill them no matter what. Thugs and gangsters hate cops. So it's always a lose/lose. The fear RP have ALWAYS favored illegal roleplayers. I honestly think the best solution is to just redefine what fear RP is. Guard card characters and other licensed individuals should be able to have an exception to the fear RP rules.

Edited by Parade
2 hours ago, Jax said:

Please check my post for an example on Red Dead World. I expect it's the same for Guard Card holders.

I think there’s room for clarification and improvement but the rules exist for good reason. 

Before the rule players were blatantly convoying around the map looking for randoms AFKing outside interiors. Not just driving to specific locations to find a mark, just driving through every street in the city to find any opportunity. That’s just blatantly unrealistic. in addition it wasn’t a few bad apples, it was dozens of people and entire factions doing it every day. 

it’s a tough issue to solve because everyone’s trying to do so in bad faith. Illegal RPers don’t want more restrictions but also don’t police themselves internally while at the same time a lot of civilian RPers push for more restrictions while never being satisfied because let’s be honest, a lot of them don’t want robberies fixed, they want them removed entirely.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Trupiano said:

I think there’s room for clarification and improvement but the rules exist for good reason. 

Before the rule players were blatantly convoying around the map looking for randoms AFKing outside interiors. Not just driving to specific locations to find a mark, just driving through every street in the city to find any opportunity. That’s just blatantly unrealistic. in addition it wasn’t a few bad apples, it was dozens of people and entire factions doing it every day. 

it’s a tough issue to solve because everyone’s trying to do so in bad faith. Illegal RPers don’t want more restrictions but also don’t police themselves internally while at the same time a lot of civilian RPers push for more restrictions while never being satisfied because let’s be honest, a lot of them don’t want robberies fixed, they want them removed entirely.

The fear RP rules are very vague.

It is mandatory to RP fear in situations/actions which you would usually refrain from doing realistically. Repercussions of your characters actions must always be considered, situations which result in death due to a lack of fear RP may result in a CK. 

• Drawing a gun to rob someone in the middle of the street/populated area.
  • Running off/drawing a gun while being aimed at.

Lack of fear roleplay or fear for your life in general may result in a permanent character kill.

Is it lack of fear RP to resist attack? Are people always reasonable underneath a lot of pressure and the threat of death? Is there any consideration for any training someone has had in a situation where your life is in danger?

Just a few questions that aren't addressed in the definition of fear rp.

12 minutes ago, shiroq said:

Maybe it's time to start banning shitty roleplayers instead of giving them 55 warnings and 30 minute ajails? You know like maybe stop allowing back players that have multiple "perma" bans?

This right here is probably the whole root of the problem, always has been. Trash roleplayers breed trash roleplayers, what happens when you give someone warning after warning for the same shit? It encourages other shitty roleplayers to dance around the rules, find loopholes and generally make a mockery of the woefully lax administrative policies that have proven time and again not to be working. Give meaningful punishments that make players think twice, and the majority of the servers issues will go away.

• Upvote 1