Robbery rule.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

But all of what youre saying is already possible, right? You can /report and request permission. That way, it is verified that there is planning going on.  Its better for everyone except those who just want to rob whoever they see moving without any planning. Better for victims because they know the roleplay was done properly, better for serious roleplayers because they dont get the stigma of being lumped together with low effort loot hunters.

You ever tried how long you wait for the report? I got the permission only once. I tried to get it more than fifteen times. Its almost the same waiting time like for a breakin

• Upvote 1
Just now, Dynamko said:

You ever tried how long you wait for the report? I got the permission only once. I tried to get it more than fifteen times. Its almost the same waiting time like for a breakin

No arguments from my side on that. I think everyone would be happier if reports were picked up faster. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

What is your better-than-the-current-rules solution to the obvious problem we had before (these rules were implemented) and which has been described in detail in this thread already? Otherwise this thread serves no purpose.

The only voices who complain about robbery restrictions are those who would be going from Davis to Paleto to rob a couple of chicks to barely make your gas money back. If you have a respectable car, you shouldn't need to rob people constantly. Get yourself informants in other gangs/groups, find where their stashes are, hit their big sales anything other than risking jail for a random Jane having a cigarette on the street who's probably not going to have more than a few bucks. Use your brains, think bigger, plan better.

Have a drug habit? Debt to pay? Sell your fucking modified car, when you finally run out of money and assets THEN resort to petty crime like muggings to make ends meet. You're working for a fence? Target someone YOU KNOW has a lot of valuable assets, you're rarely gonna get lucky from randoms. Just like the person you quoted said, there needs to be balance, it's a game. How is it balance if every blacked out car that passes you doubles back to mug you, if every criminal on the street you pass mugs you, if you can't roleplay outside without being held at gunpoint after 5 minutes? That isn't balance. Infact that's happening right now, even with all these restrictions in place. This tells me one thing, there's not enough restrictions on robberies.

Encourage creative roleplay, encourage targets to be picked more carefully. Everyone and their dog mugging randoms is a trend that needs to die. and then you wonder why nobody roleplays outdoors. Lmao

Edited by Moonsong
  • Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

But all of what youre saying is already possible, right? You can /report and request permission. That way, it is verified that there is planning going on.  Its better for everyone except those who just want to rob whoever they see moving without any planning. Better for victims because they know the roleplay was done properly, better for serious roleplayers because they dont get the stigma of being lumped together with low effort loot hunters.

Well then if  what you're saying is correct, why are there current reports up of people robbing on bmxes and using other vehicles where I only just noticed hence why I made this that vehicles can't be allowed no more in robbery's saying that they didn't know, clearly people are confused misleaded by the rules inplace for the robbery rules.. or they wouldn't be reported for performing the acts.. some was told "you can't use vehicles no more, but bmxes are fine" ???

4 minutes ago, Dynamko said:

I been playing this server for a while and I only got robbed once on my first character. I don’t eve understand how some players could get robbed 4 times a week.

Same, I barely been robbed n if they tried I'd up faster than they even tried but that's just cos I'm always alert, because of the RP I pick to do.... idk I just think peoples playstyle is different, I don't judge it though, but people def need to talk on it.. to come to better solutions to keep the server fun for all players.

Edited by Ski
1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

No arguments from my side on that. I think everyone would be happier if reports were picked up faster. 

That’s the problem, if we gonna need admins to approve every illegal thing we wanna do, waiting time is gonna be longer and longer. Why we don’t let for example official factions rob while using a vehicle. The amount of work to even become an official faction is enough to bring them some priviliges

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Moonsong said:

The only voices who complain about robbery restrictions are those who would be going from Davis to Paleto to rob a couple of chicks to barely make your gas money back. If you have a respectable car, you shouldn't need to rob people constantly. Get yourself informants in other gangs/groups, find where their stashes are, hit their big sales anything other than risking jail for a random Jane having a cigarette on the street who's probably not going to have more than a few bucks. Use your brains, think bigger, plan better.

The problem is people cite this stipulation of the 10.1 rule for bigger robberies like for example being ran down infront of your big flashy house and robbed for several hundred grand etcetera. This rule isn't preventing /petty/ muggings but it gives way to people walking around completely oblivious because they're guarded by this rule. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, SilentOG said:

The problem is people cite this stipulation of the 10.1 rule for bigger robberies like for example being ran down infront of your big flashy house and robbed for several hundred grand etcetera. This rule isn't preventing /petty/ muggings but it gives way to people walking around completely oblivious because they're guarded by this rule. 

Think about this; When cash as an inventory item was introduced, people stopped carrying large amounts of money. If anyone walking around outside was suddenly fair game for anyone, even with a car to roll up on and mug, what do you think is gonna happen? Far less people are gonna be roleplaying outside. There are consequences for allowing unrestricted crime sprees, this is one of them. It's harmful to the server and to roleplay as a whole. Prove me wrong.

48 minutes ago, Dynamko said:

I been playing this server for a while and I only got robbed once on my first character. I don’t eve understand how some players could get robbed 4 times a week.

I dunno man, ever tried walking alone in the city? Or hanging out on a balcony of some expensive house?

16 hours ago, Jennie said:

People saying No robbery = illegal rp dead? ??????

Illegal rp is more than robbing randoms in the map.

Yes, but putting limitations and obstacles in the way of something so minor is a horrible standard to set. We already have to ask for permission and fill out apps for a million things, why add on to that? Especially something basic like a robbery. I don't see a single reason why you should have to ask some random dude to spectate you so that you can use your vehicle in a robbery. Where is the logic in that?