The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

963 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frankly I think way too many people use masks unnecessarily, constantly and excessively, the same ones that will slow down and read your name tag while wearing a mask themselves or wear it in public, inside of properties, even in their cars. None of this is realistic, no-one in real life is gonna be wearing a ski-mask when they're driving alone in their car at all times. The punishments handed out should be more than a slap on the wrist for people failing to RP properly and abusing rules, using masks 24/7 to hide their names and IDs but metagaming other people's should be punished swiftly and harshly in order to put an end to it is my two cents.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

This is actually against the rules. If you run, your character is opened to a CK pending a forum report, and you can and usually are punished for poor fear RP, which can lead to punishments as far as a ban if you've got a sufficient enough record.

That’s only once they have you at gun point. That’s what I’m saying. The same way yall think getting ur point is incomprehensible to us, it’s incomprehensible to illegal RPers how the fuck yall can’t see a robbery coming. If you’ve gotten robbed this many times, you would and should be ICly paranoid about it happening. Just stay close to your car, keep a gun and keep your head on a swivel it’s pretty simple.

If illegal RPers can avoid simply getting shot (which is way easier than robbing someone) while still RPing outside during a faction war, yall should be able to avoid getting robbed when you can clearly see 2 - 4 masked people spinning around your area. Y’all are just not situationally aware at all and you want to over exaggerate the situation cuz of your own failing. Which by the way is not our problem, it’s yours. 

Then y’all want to make masks be worn only upon admins approval. Which sounds to me like you guys basically want an OOC mask rule so if you see somebody wearing a mask you know they are for sure looking to rob people. Meanwhile illegal RPers already assume that somebody wearing a mask is either sliding on or robbing people (common sense btw) which is why we barely get robbed. 

• Upvote 5
17 minutes ago, The Plug said:

That’s only once they have you at gun point. That’s what I’m saying. The same way yall think getting ur point is incomprehensible to us, it’s incomprehensible to illegal RPers how the fuck yall can’t see a robbery coming. If you’ve gotten robbed this many times, you would and should be ICly paranoid about it happening. Just stay close to your car, keep a gun and keep your head on a swivel it’s pretty simple.

If illegal RPers can avoid simply getting shot (which is way easier than robbing someone) while still RPing outside during a faction war, yall should be able to avoid getting robbed when you can clearly see 2 - 4 masked people spinning around your area. Y’all are just not situationally aware at all and you want to over exaggerate the situation cuz of your own failing. Which by the way is not our problem, it’s yours. 

Then y’all want to make masks be worn only upon admins approval. Which sounds to me like you guys basically want an OOC mask rule so if you see somebody wearing a mask you know they are for sure looking to rob people. Meanwhile illegal RPers already assume that somebody wearing a mask is either sliding on or robbing people (common sense btw) which is why we barely get robbed. 

You know what? You're right.

Guys, I'm changing sides in this debate. Everyone. EVERYONE should wear masks for every waking moment they're outside.

Let's go full Mandalorian culture here. Ostracize anyone that isn't wearing a mask, and never take off your mask while in public.

For real, let's do this. I'm onboard with it.

58 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

You know what? You're right.

Guys, I'm changing sides in this debate. Everyone. EVERYONE should wear masks for every waking moment they're outside.

Let's go full Mandalorian culture here. Ostracize anyone that isn't wearing a mask, and never take off your mask while in public.

For real, let's do this. I'm onboard with it.

Grow up and stop with these edgy replies, I can see you take this game more seriously than some people take their real life. You're literally crying about someone's character wearing a mask.

• Upvote 3
27 minutes ago, Blue Tip Sierra said:

Grow up and stop with these edgy replies, I can see you take this game more seriously than some people take their real life. You're literally crying about someone's character wearing a mask.

What's wrong with my preference? If it's alright for an unrealistically large portion of the population to wear masks in public, why worry about everyone wearing masks?

I'm legit all for this. We've got a chance to make an interesting cultural trend. The responses have all been "keep it IC bro" so what's wrong with the culture of this city keeping it IC and fully embracing the growing trend? 

7 hours ago, ANGELS4EVER70 said:

I would rather there be in game and in character repercussions instead of crying about it OOCly. 

So then we don't have OOC concerns about body cameras either, right?

• Applaud 1
2 hours ago, mj2002 said:

So then we don't have OOC concerns about body cameras either, right?

2 hours ago, ANGELS4EVER70 said:

Because it's an IC Issue, yes. 

Goddamn, things are looking up for both sides! The police get bodycams without any OOC objections, and the city culture gets to become one where masks are part of everyday life. 

I like it. We're getting closer to my dream of having a roleplay experience more on par with Night City. The sooner we throw off the shackles of rules of engagement and all that, we'll be able to REALLY enjoy things.

Let's make it happen cap'n.

2 hours ago, Barbary said:

IFM would still almost certainly block bodycams. Heck LFM might too.

Willing to bet IFM and LFM wouldn't be too keen on everyone wearing masks either. Soon as it becomes a city-wide IC trend, you can bet your bottom dollar they'll kick the OOC shenanigans into high gear to shut it down.

Hell, we didn't even have to get as far as actually implementing it IC - as soon as I made the serious suggestion, several people got reeeaaal upset with me. Not hard to guess why they might be upset with their super special masks becoming the hot new way to live in LS.