The Mask Epidemic

The Mask Epidemic  

961 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, BabyBee said:

it should be kept ic tho, some people wear masks for no reason irl same way some people do a lot of shit that can't be explained for no reason irl. people on world have a habit of crying about shit that could just be kept ic, it's a mask, it only affects you if you let it affect you/go out of your way to care about something that doesn't concern you.

There are a LOT of things that should be kept IC, I'm in favor of keeping nearly 99percent of the things IC including this "issue" or "non issue" however you perceive it, I personally don't really care much about the masks as it never bothers me or impacts me. But I do know the second lawmakers create a law surrounding facial covers people are immediately going to cry OOCly to the admin team and it'll be voided, amended and or trashed. That's the real problem, instead of those people crying ICly and simply punishing those running for re-election in the future or rallying/protesting in game against decisions the roleplay is completely watered down and people opt for OOC interference instead. That's the state of how things are right now sadly.

• Upvote 2

I do also worry about that, I'll admit. If the Mask ordinance did get passed by the City or State GOV, how would people react? Would they try to have it reverted via IC means or would they immediately demand Faction Management step in? If the attempts to revert the ordinance IC fail, would players accept that or would they then turn it into an OOC matter?

Flipside's also true, if the mask ordinance got shot down in court after the fact, would people be good with that or go to FM and push for it to be reinstated.

At the end of the day it seems like no one has faith in LSGOV or SAGOV to actually create laws.

• Applaud 2
1 hour ago, Martyn said:

There are a LOT of things that should be kept IC, I'm in favor of keeping nearly 99percent of the things IC including this "issue" or "non issue" however you perceive it, I personally don't really care much about the masks as it never bothers me or impacts me. But I do know the second lawmakers create a law surrounding facial covers people are immediately going to cry OOCly to the admin team and it'll be voided, amended and or trashed. That's the real problem, instead of those people crying ICly and simply punishing those running for re-election in the future or rallying/protesting in game against decisions the roleplay is completely watered down and people opt for OOC interference instead. That's the state of how things are right now sadly.

One thing leads to another, as with everything in the game. People will argue even when it'll be taken IC, they will argument, that server is anti-crime rp based. So either way someone will always complain. What people should do, is what would they do IRL. Aka not to pay attention to masked people unless being interacted with directly. Of course most important thing, no one will take on the hassle to actually come up with new law design, because...it simply takes too long for people to agree on anything.

Edited by Engelbert
On 3/11/2024 at 5:52 AM, Barbary said:

I do also worry about that, I'll admit. If the Mask ordinance did get passed by the City or State GOV, how would people react? Would they try to have it reverted via IC means or would they immediately demand Faction Management step in? If the attempts to revert the ordinance IC fail, would players accept that or would they then turn it into an OOC matter?

Flipside's also true, if the mask ordinance got shot down in court after the fact, would people be good with that or go to FM and push for it to be reinstated.

At the end of the day it seems like no one has faith in LSGOV or SAGOV to actually create laws.

Nobody is following that law anyway. We'll just take them off when the cops are near us and then put them back on as soon as they leave.

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

I think its stupid so many masked people walking around, something needs to be done whether thats IC measures or OOC.

Private businesses can simply have a no mask sign on. People wear masks and gloves IRL all the time.

4 hours ago, Cameron said:

I think its stupid so many masked people walking around, something needs to be done whether thats IC measures or OOC.

yeah well I think it isn't stupid and is in fact realistic 

Half the server doesn't leave their home, and can give no good or accurate account of realism.

The US is a surveillance state. Criminals wearing masks routinely is totally normal.

There are laws in some states against this.

If you were to regulate this OOCly, the server would devolve into an even funnier laughing stock.