Add new vehicle system from LC server

Sam2

The amount of desync where people do not have cars loaded in and just ram cars parked up on the side of the road is gonna make people get frustrated. All the times I've left my car parked in a parking spot. Only to come back to it flipped on it's side and smashed up is unreal. So all these people +1ing this want to punish those who have their cars trashed by people spawn in their cars or desync'ing people driving by? Being forced to drive out to RP getting your car repaired because of desync and cars being spawned on top of each other is madness.

Unless something is changed with all the damage from people spawning in cars. And desync. It's a hard no from me.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Timzii said:

So it'd be like the old times when it'd be outlined with green color instead of gray if active? Sure.

But not sure if I agree with the shops getting the percentage from the repairs if they don't actively roleplay doing them, tough.

This would be good, as long as repairs don't eat into the components of that garage. Not getting paid for depleted comps can be annoying for those garages that actively open up. 

1 minute ago, Unity said:

Unless something is changed with all the damage from people spawning in cars. And desync. It's a hard no from me.

I'm sure SAMP servers had something where vehicles that didn't have anyone in them wouldn't be damaged from crashes/hits. Maybe this could be a good thing to implement to avoid spawn damage. Not even sure if it's possible on RAGE though. 

Edited by $$
  • Upvote 2
Just now, $$ said:

I'm sure SAMP servers had something where vehicles that didn't have anyone in them wouldn't be damaged from crashes/hits. Maybe this could be a good thing to implement to avoid spawn damage. Not even sure if it's possible on RAGE though. 

If they could implement this. Then sure. Go for it.

• Upvote 1

I wanna say yes but the amounts of times someone smashes through an entire parked line of cars cause they didn't spawn for them or your windows exploding randomly puts me off the idea tbh. It sounds cool but the sync and lag issues would make this rather annoying.

• Upvote 2

No.

With the amount of lag on the server and tomfoolery where I'm driving completely normal, I park up on a street and exit my car and suddenly my car's right headlight is broken, the bumper's dented in and I literally did nothing to cause it but due to the lag or whatever even goes on the server registered my car hitting something when passing a corner or when passing a parked up car even though I passed next to it would just make this a pain in the ass.

And don't even get me started on PITs during vehicle pursuits and the general fairness to both LEO and illegal RPers where attempting to PIT someone (thanks to the lag and absolutely fucky desync in the game) will turn both the evader's and my cars into a scrap pile that just went through a wrecker cause I tried to tip the dude's rear bumper but the lag made it fuck up completely.

Also the whole repair refund request for admins to handle doesn't work. You're gonna pile even more reports and requests onto admins that will be very frequent due to the state of the lag in the server. Like dude, the amount of times I drove perfectly fine in a pursuit, parked up and exited the car and suddenly the car went from completely normal to completely smashed up, windows missing, headlights busted, trunk dented in is insane.

TL;DR: This only works if the lag in the server is completely removed. Which it wont be. So no. Also, having to take my car to a mechanic every time one of my headlights is magically busted because of some fucky lag is just a pain in the ass and not fun. Remove lag, then add. Otherwise no.

Oh and yeah, I as a LEO Rper have a very convenient in-house Fleet Service that can fix up my vehicle whenever I need it fixed which of course also depends on the Fleet Service mechanic's play time and whatever. But even then I could just NPC RP the mechanic at our garage and have my shop fixed.

Good luck to the literal rest of the server that needs to depend on open businesses and be completely out of luck if no mechanic shop is open cause of differing play times.

Edited by MarcusBRRT
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

If this got added the amount of vehicle glitches that already exist would be such a pain in the ass.

My bike's lights break every time I enter and exit an interior, and that's viable to get me pulled over for something that would be easily fixed with a /vg

• Upvote 3

Yes to /fixveh

No to the /vp damage. Too many issues with Desync just visit Habeeb Taxi depot in Sandy late in the day night and the taxis will have become damaged and slide around all by themselves.

I witness car headlights and windows break at pure random.

• Upvote 1