Repair System

Lucky

1 hour ago, sparky said:

just with the nature of gta v physics, tapping a curb can scratch your car, mechanics only being able to work at a garage just means a system like this wil never work.

this ^ 

while the suggestion looks good on paper, i doubt it'd prosper in practical terms. there's a limited number of mechanic garages and it can get hectic going to a garage every time to repair the slightest of bumps/dents from somewhere. maybe find some middle-ground between damage persisting after /vg & /vp and damage resetting with /vg & /vp? i'm not sure if what you're suggesting is gonna be ideal.

19 hours ago, Revy. said:

this ^ 

while the suggestion looks good on paper, i doubt it'd prosper in practical terms. there's a limited number of mechanic garages and it can get hectic going to a garage every time to repair the slightest of bumps/dents from somewhere. maybe find some middle-ground between damage persisting after /vg & /vp and damage resetting with /vg & /vp? i'm not sure if what you're suggesting is gonna be ideal.

There can also be a system where you can of course reset the cosmetic damage with just a /vp and /vg but the engine could stay damaged if that's possible (I do believe GTA 5 has separate % for engine and body damage) it would require a bit of tweaking but let's say if you crash head-on doing 80 your engine would suffer a lot of damage. But with this we would need something like /fixrevive as well but for cars, sometimes stuff doesn't load in properly and you smash into it, or people desync in street races. Let's say it wouldn't kill your engine instantly though, then you wouldn't need that command  that much(You would need to report for repairing the damage and that can put more load on the admins though, if any of that above happens. Or not put the price so high that people would bother with reporting to the admins and just go get it repaired.) . But let's say a few of those crashes completely kill the engine so you need a towtruck RP. While also just people who generally use their cars and only bump into a few lamps or signs here and there wouldn't be affected much (I don't think most of these small things add damage % to the engine). And there's also the price of the car.. You can sell a damaged car, and with some of them the prices could be really high, will lower the value of the vehicle. 

I KNOW this is fucking chaotic lol but I tried my best I hope you got something from it guys

+ 1/2

I do agree with the mods thing, and just about the prices for everything. More expensive cars should be more expensive to mod and to maintain. It makes no sense that I can pay the same price for a modification or service on a rusted up old Emperor than I can for same work to be done on an Obey Drafter or a Coil Raiden.

I don't agree with the damage stating though, for a number of reasons. First, I've had cars stolen three times in a week before. If I had to pay out to get these fixed every time, I'm just only ever gonna have my car spawned when I am actively using it. Another issue with this is the ammount of times I have returned to my car to find it entangled with another that has spawned on top of it or that it has spawned on top of. How do I explain that one to the mechanic? In a perfect world, I'd totally agree with it, but with more car thefts in LS than the rest of the word combined, and the OOC issues that so often damage cars, it's just not viable.

One thing I would add though, the discussion was had about the 1500 mile maintenance gap being shortened. There were good arguments both ways, but in the end the admins went with sticking to 1500 miles. I think this is fair, but what about tires? Add a durability system for tires. Harder you drive, faster the tires degrade. Don't chage your tires when they need it? Risk a tire blowout or lose grip. Tires in need of changing but you can't be bothered? Ticketed for driving an unsafe motor vehicle when you next get pulled over.

Edited by Scorch

+1

I don't think it's possible with cosmetic damage and as stated above, sometimes hitting a bump can scratch your vehicle which gets annoying, and that would get old quick.

However, also as stated above, if it were based on the HP of the vehicle, I'd be down for that. At 5% HP or below, the vehicle could just die/stop and at that point you'd need to call a truck to have it towed to a shop. 

Buy cars with longer height clearance? XD Or drive carefully. That's the point.

Although, I agree with some statements here.

- /vg should be fixed first. Find better spot to spawn the vehicle so it won't collide with existing vehicle. Or make it noclip temporarily.

- Make sure to sync collision (if one car didn't get damaged, the other one shouldn't be).

- Tie the repair cost with the insurance. No insurance means no coverage. With insurance means cheap repair.

I've seen countless characters driving around in the equivalent of a lamborghini, ferrari etc as their daily drivers while being night club / bar owners which makes little to no sense at all, this is very much needed ESPECIALLY for exotic cars given through property management as most of those cars aren't realistic daily drivers.  

This is very much needed +1 x2

Edited by Narco

+1 if it's possible.

I'm not a dev, so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty how the game works, it doesn't allow for vehicle damages to save after a despawn, at least not visual damages. Like if you dent your bumper, I don't know if it's possible to make it so that bumper damage stays forever.

+1, I'm always in favor of making the game more realistic and more player base instead of script based, let the players who play the game do the actual work and not the script.

As Lucky said, it will make the players drive way more carefully around the city knowing they can't just /vp /vg to fix their cars after every crash they make.

And making them actually have to drive to a mechanic or call for a tow whenever their car breaks down will add tons to the roleplaying experience for both parties and make the game more enjoyable.

Because sometimes people will just log into the server drive around, have nothing to do, and leave the server but if they crash their car and have to call for a tow and go to the mechanic it will add at least 2 more hours of them being in the server and experiencing good roleplay which will make them realize there's more to the server than just driving around.

I strongly support these suggestions and would love to see more suggestions about making the server more player based.