/Partner, but for Family Members/Multiples

ERPQM

Detailed Description

Being able to /partner someone is great, but it can't be with someone under 18 (which is understandable) and you can only do it with one other person. In my case, two characters have access to their 16 year old daughters truck keys, access to her anti-theft etc ICly. Of course there's vdup and asking in pms about her location and whatnot, but that's not fun. It would be a lot easier for everyone involved in the family RP to simply have their own version of a partnership with each other to be able to share the benefits that partnerships come along with. 

To go one step further, being able to add multiple people into the "family" scriptwise would help even further considering a teen, at least in my case, would have some bit of access to the parents vehicles, if not free reign. She has two active parents, not just one so multiples is nearly as important as simply allowing /partner to work with underage chars. Something as simple as asking the kid to grab something from their parents locked truck or to unloading a dirt bike and not being able to spawn it in themselves because they don't own it. It's just an annoyance that hinders the fluidity of RP.

I can see this having potential to be abused by adding multiple friends and I'm not clever enough to figure out a smart way to hinder those sort of players, so that's up to y'all, but I think that adding something like this is needed for family RP. Maybe having the /family info/relationships update on the MDC could be a good call or at least something similar to holding players accountable. Realistically, wouldn't it show parents or known family on there/next of kin? That'd stop some people looking to abuse it... Probably.

Relevant Commands/Items

/family

How will it benefit the server?

Anything that supports more family RP on the server is worth adding. Having a kid sell their vehicle back every time they get grounded is a hassle. Having to givepropertykey's is a hassle. Having to vdup or break immersion to vdup is a hassle.

If we already have the partner scriptwork going, I don't see why it can't be tweaked for families. Said by a person that's never tried to mess with a script in their life.

• Upvote 21
  • Applaud 1

There's a "tenant size" for properties where it limits how many keys you can give to another player. I'm sure we can have the same with that. I believe the maximum amount of keys made per car is 2-3 but not sure if you can make more since, y'know, I don't know much about that!

I do like this idea a lot, it'd be very helpful and there's a few things we can put in place to stop the abuse. 🙂