Mark "Doc" Kangas - The Diary of the Doc

Mitch

This thread is more of a diary in the life of Firefighter Mark "Doc" Kangas, the diary is located in his locker inside Station Seven. 

(With this I hope to share my story of the rough life a Firefighter can be, in a realistic environment. This thread will be updated fairly regularly of my stories.)

QrRrYFO.png

Backstory. 

Mark Kangas was born in Toronto, Canada on the 1st of November, 1990. He was born into a small family consisting of his mother, Jane and his dad, Ian. He had no siblings nor did he have many friends during his childhood. Mark moved around a lot during his childhood which eventually lead him to Ontario for the rest of his high school years. He worked hard at F. E. Madill Secondary School until the ripe old age of 19 where he left after seeking advice from his family on what his career would be. He was fairly perplexed on what to do so he moved over to America with the help of his old time friend from school, Hannah.  Mark moved over to Utah at the age of 20 and began his formal studies into Information Technology at the University of Utah to brush up on his skills. After spending 4 years at the University, for passed his degree in Information Technology and began to seek out places of work. Eventually, Mark found a place at the Central Utah Medical Clinic as a receptionist. for picked up some very basic medical skills during his two-year tender there. He eventually resigned 2 years later because he got fairly bored of office work and wanted something in the line of duty. Kangas is a fairly basic kind of guy, he doesn't get into trouble and prefers to avoid confrontation with hostile situations. What he wants in life is a fulfilling job to suit him and to earn a good enough wage to supply himself and his family back home and to get far in his life. 

Service Record

Name: Mark Tom Kangas

Nicknames: 'Doc' 

Date of Birth: 1st of November 1990.

Enlistment: 12th of October

Certifications: Basic Life Support | Fire & Rescue 

Divisions: None.  

Promotion History

Probationary Firefighter - 12th of October 2018

Firefighter I - 1st of November 2018

Relationships

Spoiler

People

Evita Rhodes - Evie (Girlfriend) 

I met Evita 'Evie' Rhodes back when I first joined the department, we've been getting along splendidly well, talk almost every day until... one day something clicked with us. We went out for a drinks and we hit it off really well, almost perfectly, me and her share the same interests, pool, beer and eachothers company. This past week even we've been going out to meals, bars, I really do think this can work well between us. I-... love Evita, a lot. 

Chloe - Work Buddy (Close friend)

Chloe... where can I begin? You've been a great friend to me, good leadership and-.. a concerning obsession with fire trucks... She's a lively girl off duty as well, partying her ass off in clubs, which I can't fault her for, the amount of shit we go through... she deserves it. I hope she goes far in the Department, I really do. She's practically the model firefighter the Department needs, god bless you Chloe. 

Holly Hatch - Issi Fanatic (Close Friend)

Holly is a fairly peculiar girl, she runs the Vanilla Unicorn with what seems to be her little family, they all seem fairly happy (probably drugs?) I met her a while ago in the Unicorn, hell, she even invited me out to a few game nights she regularly hosts with her friends. I might just take her up on that someday. But for now, I need to focus on the Fire Department. One day I'll drop in and say hello to the girls. 

Ryan - Boss (Friend)

Ryan is a good boss, a strong, determined leader of the Fire Department, is always around to lend a hand and lead us into blazing infernos. After long situations he always does a debrief at the station, he's even kind enough to offer us his office if we want to chat on a 1-to-1 basis. I hope him and Elena stick around for a while, they seem happy to be with each-other. I should offer a airsoft event to him, LSFD vs LSPD... Huh... I'll revisit that idea soon. 

Stefanie - Helix (Friend)

Stef has been a strong associate for a while now, I've been helping her out for a while with some information she needs, she uh, she runs her own medical firm that got Ryan's pants in a twist, for some reason. We had a really sketchy situation a few nights ago, lost a friend... which might of cost me my job. I'll keep a close eye on her. 

Callie - The Mute (Friend)

Callie is the lovely mute I know and love, we talk on an almost daily basis, but she's been getting into a bit of trouble and hanging around with the wrong people, I keep telling her to be careful but she isn't listening at all. I dunno if I can keep talking to her if she walks down this very dangerous path. 

Businesses 

Vanilla Unicorn - Club

Vanilla Unicorn holds a special place in my heart, good club, ran by a peculiar person canned Holly and has some quality entertainment. I ran into a bunch of them while off duty and had to step in for a bar brawl where a guard called Ava got bottled by some neo nazi whore... I still enjoy going there, Peta & Emma are very kind, offered me some free drinks, lovely ladies. 

Diary Logs

001 - Rough day 

002 - Bad days outweigh the good

003 - What's the plans, Mark? 

Edited by Mitch
  • Upvote 1

Changelog

10th of November

Typos & Added businesses to relationships

11th of November

Log #001 added

15th of November

Log #002 added

19th of November

Log #003 added & relationships added

21th of November

Log #004 added

Edited by Mitch

QrRrYFO.png

Los Santos Fire Department

Log #001

Rough week

This week so far has been one of the roughest I've ever had to deal with in my time in the Fire Department, hell... even the past three days we've had multiple MCIs (mass casualty incidents) and we've lost a lot of good people in this city and a few officers to boot. Thursday was one of the busiest days of my FD career, 2x MCI's and a massive house fire that was... too close for comfort. But let's talk about it, On Friday around midnight had a few calls in about about a blazing building, station alarms went utterly crazy and we sprung into action, ENGINE teams got deployed within seconds, I was on scene with Evita first in the Ambulance, smoke clouded the sky's, dark, nasty... shit in all honesty. I had to leg it back to the station to grab another engine with fucking Klenova... but it took me about ten minutes.

After arriving back on scene, I was tasked by the Chief to handle the fire in the back gardens and man, it was a close call, fire spreads fast in close quarters and that's a lesson learned, gear got bit burned but wasn't too bad. Fire took about 5 minutes to get under control from the back, it just kept coming back, but it felt good in a way? Almost... too good to fight back the fire? I dunno... but we eventually got the fire under control after 10 minutes, Klenova screamed at the PD to stop standing on the wall watching, was eh, they was fine, no harm no foul. Her mouth is questionable at best. After that mess was sorted-.. it was finally to go back to the station. I went off duty almost immediately, I couldn't handle another house fire like that again, thank fuck no-one was hurt. 

After that mess... me and Evita finally got some time to talk and it was good! We talked a lot about the future and heh... she even crashed over at my place, her drinking games are... curious to say the least, cheeky gal even offered strip pool... I just laughed a little, thinking she was joking, but I had a gut feeling she really wanted to do it. Maybe next time we have a few games. Hoping on getting a day off to fully relax, kick my feet up. Maybe some movies? Evita liked that show "The Flash" could binge watch it with her, maybe. 

That's enough rambling for one night, plans for the future? Join PR & sort out LSFD VS LSPD in pool. 

MK

((

On 11/10/2018 at 12:35 AM, Rekhoem said:

he a good guy, actually RP's being mentally fucked up from loosing his patients!

It's more fun this way, no robo-fd here. ))

Edited by Mitch

QrRrYFO.png

Log #002

Bad Days outway the good ones

Well, since my last log, I dunno if my life is getting better or worse, in many ways I have really good days where I'm really motivated to do stuff in the department, hell I was even going to put in my Public Relations Application into Chloe but something keeps holding me back, in the back of my head something is telling me "Maybe this isn't the right thing". Me and Evita are getting even closer, but I need to find a way to separate myself from work and love. Few nights ago, we was at a bar and I had to go because of a fucking pager, she had some drinks, I didn't... I know I fucked up, next time I'm 100% not answering a pager, we need some more time together, I'm thinking of that fish place tonight, 9PM.

This past week I've broke all communication with my therapist, it just wasn't working, Clara is an amazing woman but I just can't keep forcing myself to talk about my job, it's painful... hell it hurts just reliving those memories. One keeps coming back time and time again, that guy at Mirror Park like three weeks ago, where that guy just... burned alive... I felt so helpless, ENGINE crews was like... ten minutes out I just couldn't save him in time, I never did talk with the therapist about it, "The perks of the job" people jokingly say, I kinda wish the perks of the job would be good for once, let me have a decent impact on the community.

But as of late, there's been a lot of death, not much surviving. It does make me think really long and hard if the Department is the right job for me, or if I need to take a full break, go see some proper help. But the question is... am I beyond help and is it too late? It's hard... People think the fire department is built to see this much death and destruction but boy, they're so... so wrong. It's too early to think about... suicide or is it? I.. I want to talk but I dunno... too afraid to talk? I should probably speak with Ryan or with Clara again. But being silent will only hurt me in the long run, bottling it up isn't healthy for a firefighter

I'm sorry for those I've let down... 

MK

** The rest of the log would be a unrecognisable, filled with drawings of some sort **

Edited by Mitch
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

*The diary is fairly messy, covered with some drawings of house '5573' on the front door & his LSFD badge is stuffed inside along with a small black & red ribbon strapped across the middle. The Diary is located outside of Chloe MacKenzie's office on the table.*

QrRrYFO.png

Log #003

What's the plans Mark? 

I keep asking myself that very question, what's the plan, what is Mark planning? Well, that's a good question, I sadly don't have many answers for it. Today was a rough one with a incredibly close call, car explosion by the LSPD station almost took me and William out, no idea what the hell happened, bad judgement by me? Did I almost get a firefighter killed again? I don't know... I can only say sorry so many times, I'm sorry I wasn't there for Klaus when he fell, I'm sorry I wasn't there when innocent civilians fell to those fucking murderous animals at Rancho. I failed in my duties as a Firefighter, 'Preserve Life and Property', I'm not doing that much preserving currently, though, I'm finding inner peace, slowly but surely... I'm meeting up with Hatch tomorrow, to give the girls some help with a project they've been planning which I'm happy to oblige by, those girls... are so kind n loving, a happy family they've got, a weird one, but a family nonetheless.

**Next page**

1 hour later

Back to the question at hand, what's the plan? I don't know, exactly. This night is turning into complete madness, got a call to Holly's house, the girls got robbed by some Rancho mongoloids, then we had even more 911s coming in about house robberies, fuck this night. I've had to take some shit from the lockers I shouldn't have, I had a call from someone, some lass got fucked up by the warehouses, came out with a Kit n tried to save her... I fucking tried so hard, I don't know exactly what happened but I went there to help.. I was able to revive the gal but she died in hospital, blunt force trauma to the back of the skull caused brain damage, was too much. 

I had plans to...

**Diary log is ended abruptly, a used shell casing can be found on the top of the book*

Edited by Mitch
  • mj2002 locked this topic