Reduce 4 hours cooldown to fly between two states

Spring

Detailed Description

Currently there's a 4-hour timer to fly between San Andreas and Liberty City. Personally speaking (surely not applicable to everyone), my character is a business person and she has to fly between two states frequently to attend meetings, oversee the performance of her businesses in either states, etc. I know several more players doing business in both cities with same characters as well. It's possible to attend a meeting in real life for an hour or two, and fly back with the next plane to your hometown. With the current situation we are forced to have alt characters in our businesses/factions to have an active character in both states, which indirectly leads us to metagame the whole scenario.

As we all agree, the time in the servers is not 1:1 to IRL and can never be that way. Easiest example is, night clubs remain open from afternoons to the mornings daily or a few days a week whatsoever. In our community they're mostly open for 2 hours. That being said whatever RP we're engaging in, it usually ends in a couple of hours unlike the real life. Moreover, this is a video game and we are all occupied in our real lives with our education, work and so on. I don't find it useful to be stuck in one city for the whole 4 hours that I can actually spare to gaming in my daily life. That means my whole day has to be spent in one city, without other possible RP opportunities in the other. 

Relevant Commands/Items

To cut the long story short, the 4-hour flight timer should be reduced to 1-2 hours to give us more chances of roleplay in our limited daily gaming timespan. 

How will it benefit the server?

Realistic portrayal of businesses operating in both states as well as their employees and managers/owners.

Giving us more chances of roleplays in different states when the RP in one server dies with 10-20 current players and other one still has 300 players, yet we are unable to fly back because of the timer. 

Giving us more chances of using our personal IRL time effectively.

• Upvote 4

-1 plan better or fly to the other city before you log off the day before so you can attend your meeting and come back instantly the next day.

I would be in favor of the cool down being applied /at the time/ you buy your ticket so you can't just PM someone who's in LC to come to LS instantly for example.

There's too much TPing around the place with the spawn anywhere as it is. 

• Upvote 3

Just keep it as is.

Honestly if you want my personal opinion, I’d say the cooldown should actually be longer. It takes minimum 5-6 hours to fly from LA to NY in real life, longer if you factor in airport time. I know you mentioned how time is not 1:1 but it’s still unrealistic in my opinion to be able to constantly go between the two cities within a very short amount of time.

And honestly if you’re constantly flying and back and forth between the cities so ridiculously often that you want the already low (4 hour) cooldown reduced, I feel like you’re doing something wrong. Nobody travels that often, even if you’re on business trips. I know very very few people who fly across the country, stay for only a few hours, before immediately flying back, and doing it multiple times a week. It’s just plain unrealistic. Just leave the cooldown alone.

Edited by ScarletRose
  • Upvote 2

Flying takes 6 hours from LA to NY. But what you're missing here is that we aren't spending those 6 hours in a plane. We're RPing in the city till the last second and flight takes a few minutes. You RP with your friends till the last second of that timer, hop in the plane with them again and 5 minutes later you see them in LS airport or LC airport. Same time zone, same hours, same everything. There's no realism in that. Best option would be a restriction on connecting from one server to another for about 1-2 hours maybe? And remove the current cool down completely. And we can RP that 1-2 hours timer as if we're in the plane. 

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Spring said:

Flying takes 6 hours from LA to NY. But what you're missing here is that we aren't spending those 6 hours in a plane. We're RPing in the city till the last second and flight takes a few minutes. You RP with your friends till the last second of that timer, hop in the plane with them again and 5 minutes later you see them in LS airport or LC airport. Same time zone, same hours, same everything. There's no realism in that. Best option would be a restriction on connecting from one server to another for about 1-2 hours maybe? And remove the current cool down completely. And we can RP that 1-2 hours timer as if we're in the plane. 

That’s a good idea. We need some kind of travel time implemented like this so traveling actually takes time and isn’t just instant teleport.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Late said:

-1 plan better or fly to the other city before you log off the day before so you can attend your meeting and come back instantly the next day.

I would be in favor of the cool down being applied /at the time/ you buy your ticket so you can't just PM someone who's in LC to come to LS instantly for example.

There's too much TPing around the place with the spawn anywhere as it is. 

• Welsh locked this topic