who spliffed SADCR and why

Gallagher

the word on the grapevine is that the project to create SADCR is dead in the water. this is truly unfortunate as it would have been a natural evolution for the server which would have significantly improved the scene for illegal roleplayers and legal roleplayers alike.

here's a few reasons as to why the faction would make the server better:

1) dedicated COs instead of SD members who are forced to roleplay there

2) a team of individuals that can enact their vision for a better prison without the potential bureaucracies that come with being part of a larger legal faction, like SD

3) makes a lot more sense for illegal roleplayers - right now we rp awaiting trial in TTCF but its weird to rp around if you've been there for like 20 yeras

4) symbolically a 'fresh start' for prison rp, which has always been shaky on here but shows steady signs of improving

5) job opportunities for those civilian/legal roleplayers who want LEO rp that isn't quite as intensive as SD or PD

6) illegal roleplay quality OUTSIDE OF PRISON will drastically improve if said criminals know that going to prison isnt just an OOC punishment

i have a couple questions 

1) why weren't illegal roleplayers consulted that the project was dumped when we are all extremely interested and we have put in countless time into maintaining TTCF activity with (fairly) limited support

2) why weren't the individuals who volunteered their own time towards this project consulted at all about it suddenly ending (the mapper found out because it was mentioned in a faction discord about 25m ago

3) what can we do as a commuinity to kickstart this project once again?

the rumour is that it's been dumped because the planned faction leader is now leading SD instead. this community is huge. we can find somebody else to do it.

i write this thread not to bitch at the management but to genuinely ask what we can do to get it rolling again.

Edited by Gallagher
  • Upvote 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 3

Posting on behalf of the person who was tasked with mapping Bollingbroke.

Hi, I'm the mapper behind TTCF and what was supposed to be the prison too. I've put in a lot of effort and done an extreme amount of research on prisons and jails, working closely with illegal communities and sharing my progress with them to help shape what ultimately they'll be rping in. I've given up entire weekends on this project and I wasn't even formally notified the project was axed until 20 minutes ago in an illegal faction discord. My time has been wasted and now everybody feels let down. This was something a lot of people wanted and something I was passionate about creating for them. I feel completely disrespected. - the mapper

• Upvote 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

It needs to happen, being told that it was axed is extremely disappointing, it only makes sense, theres easily a peak of 25+ inmates on at peak times now. A lot of us are RPing people that have been involved in major crimes, but instead were stuck RPing awaiting trail which realistically can only go on for so long. This not only hurts jail characters but also players that have serious crimes that leave them in jail for extended periods of time or life if they've got more then 30 points. It also kills our character progression to some degree, as you have a bunch of criminal characters who've been in and out of jail easily a dozen times but can never say they've done a prison term. In my opinion it's quite disrespectful to the criminal community, as well as the mapper who spent all their time and effort for a decently long amount of time mapping the prison. We've all contributed to making good characters, and factions surrounding jail and prison roleplay. This is really disheartening news, and let's be honest only happened due to a regime change within certain LEO factions.

• Upvote 2

The jail rp scene needs SADCR more than anything. The new leadership changes in sd are great, don’t get me wrong, but we need a prison. A county jail had its time and place and can continue to exist, but no amount of sd improvements will truly make jail better in the long run when 95 percent of the faction would rather watch paint dry than rp in ttcf. 

• Upvote 2