Mandatory forum account/ucp link to prevent dorks that hide behind fresh alt forum accounts from shitting up threads

What stops someone from making dummy accounts on both the UCP and the forum? 

Ban Evasion isn't exactly a rare occurrence on GTAW from what I am told by admins ( and you see ingame bans for that all the time ), so if they can ban evade ingame surely ban evading on a web browser is infinitely easier?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • 6 months later...
On 10/8/2023 at 9:49 AM, pateuvasiliu said:

What stops someone from making dummy accounts on both the UCP and the forum? 

Ban Evasion isn't exactly a rare occurrence on GTAW from what I am told by admins ( and you see ingame bans for that all the time ), so if they can ban evade ingame surely ban evading on a web browser is infinitely easier?

I feel like this is an exception, and while you are right about this, it doesn't mean we shouldn't implement this. I feel like it's better to have a link between UCP and forum mostly for everyone's avoidance of trolls, haters, etc. 

With or without that, people will still ban evade and make fake forum accounts, but with this implemented it'll be less as it's a bit more to do to have a forum account :). I promise you that trolls and haters will give up when they realized they gotta do an UCP account as well just to mess with someone.

+1