Command for STARTING FIGHTS! (No more missclicks!)

Kappaurel

Detailed Description: Hello! The idea of this suggestion is really easy, I don't know how easy it'd be to implement but I trust the skill of our developers.

For melee damage to be effective, at least when it comes to punches, players would have to type in a command. It could be formatted as a "request" (same as /rob or /requestcarry).

EXAMPLE:

Spoiler

Two players get heated, they want to start a fight,

Jane Doe: /me starts throwing hands.

Jane Doe: /fightrequest John Doe

John Doe: /me fights back

John Doe: /fightaccept

And the click spam begins.

The concept is really easy. For a discussion on the pros and cons, we'll move to the last section of this suggestion.

Relevant commands: /fightrequest, /fightaccept

How will it benefit the server?

1. NO MORE MISSCLICKS. You may hit your mouse click, and punch someone... BUT NO DAMAGE WILL BE INFLICTED 😄

2. ROLEPLAY BEFORE FIGHTS. You will not any longer fear typing a decent, long /me due to fear of starting being punched, being caught off guard while you write. This will improve the roleplay quality of the server, adding a previous step before the massive spam of click begins.

Now, I am aware, this has, like many other features that have been implemented either way, a possibility to be abused. Yes, players can simply refuse to accept, and force themselves out of a fight. If that happens, it can be reported, but IT HAS BEEN SAID MULTIPLE TIMES THAT THE CHANCE FOR A FEATURE TO BE ABUSED, DOESN'T MEAN IT WON'T BE IMPLEMENTED! 😄

Now, if this happens to be a super concerning issue for GTAW Staff, there is an alternative in how this suggestion may be implemented. 

Instead of formatting like a request, it could be simply /fight John Doe, John Doe would get a notification and a timer of five seconds before the melee damage is enabled.

What do you guys think? I think it'd be great, and we'd end with the massive problem of missclicks.

Edited by Kappaurel
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 4
  • Kappaurel changed the title to Command for STARTING FIGHTS! (No more missclicks!)

I mean it could work sure but how about we focus on the 9000 other problems this server and community has before giving them new scripts to toy around with. I personally do not care if we get this or keep the current script, not that serious to me but yeah 

• Upvote 1