radio callout hotkeys for LEO RPers

einxsa

On 8/6/2022 at 3:45 PM, einxsa said:

Detailed Description:

The use of TS3 by LEO rpers gives them a very high advantage over criminals with them being able to give pinpoint callouts, real-time directions, etc

Level the playing field for both sides of the spectrum, allowing criminal roleplayers and LEO roleplayers to be on the same level with very minimal additional OOC tools that can be abused and give one side the upper hand.

It's not supposed to be a "level playing field" Police are OP here the same as they're OP IRL, as they very well should be. Limiting LEO's further does more harm than good.

If people stopped resorting to murder over the pettiest thing every time & focused on proper roleplay escalation & interactions, there wouldnt be a need for so much shows of force by the police.

Edited by PeopleKind
7 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

It's not supposed to be a "level playing field" Police are OP here the same as they're OP IRL, as they very well should be. Limiting LEO's further does more harm than good.

If people stopped resorting to murder over the pettiest thing every time & focused on proper roleplay escalation & interactions, there wouldnt be a need for so much shows of force by the police.

This is a big problem with the community. Speaking down on other opinions with no insight to the other side of the issue.

I've seen home invasions end up with the robbers hearing the alarm go off, then going outside to be met by an entire line of squad cars and end up in a 7 car pursuit.

When does this happen irl? How many times do property alarms even actually go off irl? How many people actually have property alarms installed IRL? It's insanely unrealistic because the map is so small, and there is no simulated traffic. Police are able to speed across the map and be at the scene of a crime in a matter of seconds or only a few minutes and stack up their forces often outnumbering the criminals by x3-4 before they even have a chance to run.

• Upvote 3
35 minutes ago, einxsa said:

This is a big problem with the community. Speaking down on other opinions with no insight to the other side of the issue.

I've seen home invasions end up with the robbers hearing the alarm go off, then going outside to be met by an entire line of squad cars and end up in a 7 car pursuit.

When does this happen irl? How many times do property alarms even actually go off irl? How many people actually have property alarms installed IRL? It's insanely unrealistic because the map is so small, and there is no simulated traffic. Police are able to speed across the map and be at the scene of a crime in a matter of seconds or only a few minutes and stack up their forces often outnumbering the criminals by x3-4 before they even have a chance to run.

One cruiser almost had a head on collision with my RV on ocean highway because they were using the wrong lane XD

OT, I'd prefer to see everyone with no exception to only able to use chat.

Edited by varthshenon
On 8/6/2022 at 10:45 PM, einxsa said:

The use of TS3 by LEO rpers gives them a very high advantage over criminals with them being able to give pinpoint callouts, real-time directions, etc. over the VOIP app, whereas criminal roleplayers aren't allowed to speak out of character in any way shape or form

This is balanced by the fact that the police have access to very few cameras throughout the city and there is no facial recognition.

The way the voice comms work right now is just fine. Don't fix what ain't broken.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
13 hours ago, einxsa said:

Our server's homicide rate is 4000 times higher than Los Angeles'. It makes sense for people to get alarms considering how murder and home invasions are infinitely more frequent than in real life. As for the lack of traffic, that works both ways. If our city was full of cars, criminals wouldn't be able to drive at 120 mph to run away from cops because they'd be crashing all the time.

Edited by pateuvasiliu

Hi! I’ll probably be repeating others’ arguments here but when you talk about LEOs having an advantage using mics and criminals don’t, do you ever stop to think what would happen if criminals did use mics? I’ll gladly let you know! Suicide vehicles ramming us off the street risking jail time and even probably death just because their “homie” has to make off with his handgun and 3 grams of cocaine. Us being led into ambushes and having a whole department die, as if it doesn’t already happen without them being in VOIP. Criminals have the element of surprise, that’s always a one up on LEO RPers, every time.
Not to mention that we, I can talk about LSSD, are very limited in our vehicle choices, Victors and Scouts, which can barely keep up with any of the better car models, even the Torrence outruns them in a straight line. We don’t use Buffalos for patrol anymore and Torrences are limited to Traffic units that are rather rare. So that’s yet another disadvantage. We are also not allowed to drive like maniacs and any unit that is not directly behind the suspect has to stay on the correct lane and all that, so it’s pretty easy for other units to lose the lead unit. Also, take into account that it’s a huge map. We can’t remember where every street is so we sometimes struggle to coordinate and we are mostly chasing the suspects alone for ~5 minutes before someone comes to our aid, which is enough time to lose us if you have the skill. Also! We use TS as a strictly IC chat, especially in pursuits. I’ve had to see suspects’ /me lines of them pulling guns and not report it because my character shouldn’t be able to see it, and ended up getting shot in the head. Did I mention that criminals have the element of surprise already? If I did here it is again. I don’t want to count how many times suspects just stop, exit the vehicle 2, 3 deep and shoot you in the face to speed away after because they were carrying 5 grams of cocaine and thought for some reason you’d search them for it. 
Right! So I only see TS as a small replacement for /r when and only when we’re in pursuits, be it foot or vehicle pursuits. Having us press hotkeys is really just getting us to stall ourselves, as menus like X for example sometimes take ages to pop up because of connection issues. Plus, lag or desync! I could be in idk, Hawick Avenue and the thing shows me in Spanish Avenue. Do you see where me and other LEO RPers come from? As for the abuse argument, I’m not saying that we’re not at fault sometimes, but shit happens and sometimes the words just slip out of your mouth as you’re really just speaking as you think, you don’t gotta think before you speak like when you’re writing. Sure it has to be enforced by supervisors and all that, but it will never be so black and white, people will always find loopholes around that. 
On top of that, don’t fix what’s not broken. The usage of a mic has been a thing since early SAMP RP days and if it really had to be changed they would have done it. But it really brings more positives than negatives to the table, so it’s stuck with LEO RPers for this long.

Criminals not using VOIP is a huge cap anyway. 25% of the pursuits I see, a bike conveniently follows the pursuit or arrives to pick up the guy running from us, who somehow managed to send texts and update his location while driving at 120 mph.

Yeah, right.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
On 8/8/2022 at 5:53 PM, pateuvasiliu said:

Our server's homicide rate is 4000 times higher than Los Angeles'. 

Can you stop spewing this out every single time someone makes an argument? Stop trying to compare murder rates. For one, you're not an actual cop. You don't have to police the server. Ease up.

Second of all, why is it so hard to understand that Los Santos is a hyper-exaggerated, sped up version of Los Angeles? There's a reason why there's more crime, there's a reason why cops get paid 40k every week for like 10 hours of work, there's a reason why a drink is $400 and a mask is $5000. Roleplaying everything 1:1 would be incredibly boring and I guarantee most people, you included, would stop playing. And why do you complain about the crime rate? That's literally what LEO RP is about. If it were lower, you'd have less shit to do. I'm at a loss.

• Thanks 1