Restricted faction concept on Nortenos

Artist

16 hours ago, Artist said:

When it comes to sny gangs from what I know they are not banned and that is why I did not really try to bring them up here and what do you mean by tax free sureno set are you talking about latino gangs that don't fall under the sureno umbrella like some Maravilla sets the Opal Street locos and 5th and Hill gang or are you talking about something else?

Yeah I meant tax free sureno sets like that, who don't fall under the whole southern resident & sureno car.

15 hours ago, Large Hazard said:

This is one of the reasons I specifically would like to see norteños. Kinda pointless having upstate sureños without norteños, their identity is built around it. They're the only sureños who actually do have wars with norteños, most never see them outside of prison.

Your point about just doing a greenlight gang or something rather than norteños is a point I've also made for years. When you're only rping socal, just rp that instead. But with a prison in development, it's time to expand the map beyond just a representation of socal in my opinion. There won't be any weird rp going on with norteños in county, which was the big reason they're disallowed atm.

All facts stated, but if they were to expand the the map representation to norcal & socal, where would norcal be classified as norcal? Paleto Bay? Grapeseed? 

7 hours ago, 2Raskal said:

Yeah I meant tax free sureno sets like that, who don't fall under the whole southern resident & sureno car.

All facts stated, but if they were to expand the the map representation to norcal & socal, where would norcal be classified as norcal? Paleto Bay? Grapeseed? 

My suggestion would either be to rp the Alamo Sea area as central, and anything north of that as north.

Alternatively, the entirety of Blaine County could be rped as something like a Kern County equivalent. Central enough to have both northern and southern elements in it.

I would probably go for the latter. It's simpler (Blaine County already exists ig) and it would also allow people to do central California stuff like Bulldogs and central valley sureños, on top of upstate sureños and norteños.

Edited by Large Hazard
  • Upvote 1

I mean regardless if this ever did get approved, the leadership would have to have a vast understanding of California prison politics,

One car that I was roleplaying with tonight on a character didn't even understand that Puerto Ricans can fall under the other car and tried to basically call my character out for no reason. Little things like that are the reason why I don't think this ever would work out because players would just make up their own politics and rules which make zero sense and wouldn't actually be 1:1 with the real life concept. I think the best option would be to create a faction that is 1:1 with the Nuestra Familia although with a different name, something made up similar to what those have to do when attempting to portray the Hells Angels but are unable to due to copyright reasons. Basically a mock name. 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:56 PM, Large Hazard said:

My suggestion would either be to rp the Alamo Sea area as central, and anything north of that as north.

Alternatively, the entirety of Blaine County could be rped as something like a Kern County equivalent. Central enough to have both northern and southern elements in it.

I would probably go for the latter. It's simpler (Blaine County already exists ig) and it would also allow people to do central California stuff like Bulldogs and central valley sureños, on top of upstate sureños and norteños.

When you say Alamo Sea area are you talking about Sandy Shores and I think the Bulldogs might still be allowed not too sure though and how far up north are you talking like where would you draw the line?

Edited by Artist
6 hours ago, Artist said:

When you say Alamo Sea area are you talking about Sandy Shores and I think the Bulldogs might still be allowed not too sure though and how far up north are you talking like where would you draw the line?

Alamo Sea is central. Sandy Shores and Grapeseed are both central, they're just the southern and northern parts of central.

This is just the simplest suggestion though, it's not the only one.

Someone else has suggested to me the possibility of just rping LS county as geographically huge, which would both allow northern concepts and keep rping the map as one county. Not my favourite solution but it's a possibility.

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic