Restricted faction concept on Nortenos

Artist

9 hours ago, im not a hero said:

We are based in socal.

I can understand being based in So-Cal and having sureno gangs, but that shouldn't be the end all be all. Los Santos is still a fictional place. I disagree with them restricting Nortenos and Motorcycle gangs but allowing dozens of surenos and crips to keep opening each week.

8 hours ago, shotgun_sam said:

This is a redundant argument and the same logic can be applied to any other faction concept. 90% of factions on the server do the same thing in the bones: Traffick arms, deal drugs, politick, steal cars, extort. Etc etc. The true fun and interesting aspect is the characters we meet, create and interact with. That's (what I believe) to be the most enjoyment out of RP. RPing different cultures, people n all. To me, it gets boring when all the people you can meet is skinhead number 1, sureno number 2 and african american number 3. Yeah adding 1 more to the pile isn't a lot but it's a start.

Very fair argument. Norteno vs. Sureno does have some built in conflict but a DM faction should still be dealt with on the basis of IF they violate server rules, rather than just restricting the concept from the start. Just saying no to Nortenos from the start is a little bit like guilty unless proven innocent.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, K0range4 said:

I can understand being based in So-Cal and having sureno gangs, but that shouldn't be the end all be all. Los Santos is still a fictional place. I disagree with them restricting Nortenos and Motorcycle gangs but allowing dozens of surenos and crips to keep opening each week.

Very fair argument. Norteno vs. Sureno does have some built in conflict but a DM faction should still be dealt with on the basis of IF they violate server rules, rather than just restricting the concept from the start. Just saying no to Nortenos from the start is a little bit like guilty unless proven innocent.

Well see, you mention "DM faction", but, allowing Nortenos would force sureno factions in some spots to kill them, and, most of them probably wont CK, and it'll just become a cycle of it since Jeremy_Jones dies (PK) and his body becomes Mysterious_Body and Jeremy_Jones shows back up 20 minutes later and the exact same thing has to happen.

1 hour ago, Midwest said:

Well see, you mention "DM faction", but, allowing Nortenos would force sureno factions in some spots to kill them, and, most of them probably wont CK, and it'll just become a cycle of it since Jeremy_Jones dies (PK) and his body becomes Mysterious_Body and Jeremy_Jones shows back up 20 minutes later and the exact same thing has to happen.

Isn’t this the same case as Crips Vs. Bloods, or White Power gangs versus… Any other non-white gang? 

6 hours ago, Midwest said:

Right now with the jail still implemented it would be very odd. A Norteno hitting LACJ (which TTCF is based off of- the real TTCF) would immediately have to PC or would get hit. So, while from the streets this may make sense, from a custody standpoint it's just adding another group of people to get PKed and put inmate rpers in a weird spot since we have to treat it as an actual killing because the same Norteno who would still get hit walks out of their cell 15 minutes later.

I see that you have mentioned something like this earlier when it comes to jail but what other spots would you be talking about?

1 minute ago, K0range4 said:

Isn’t this the same case as Crips Vs. Bloods, or White Power gangs versus… Any other non-white gang? 

No, not really, but the PK issue is a problem that is very equally impactful on everyone in custody settings. No one really wars like that anymore; white gangs of any sort don't tend to beef other groups like that either, some (primarily skins) might attack someone who's of a minority grouping but they're not just going to war with gangs of another racial or ethnic makeup. My above comment is more hyper specific to custody, which, right now is a jail, and per continuity and a bunch of other factors would *not be viable for a norteno*. The same is not true for a prison but that's not out yet, I think it'd be fine as prison characters.

3 minutes ago, Artist said:

I see that you have mentioned something like this earlier when it comes to jail but what other spots would you be talking about?

Sorry for double posting but check the comment above, both my comments are oriented to the *current jail* (my opinion differs for the prison but again not out yet) environment and impact in custody setting, which is an inevitable trip for a majority of criminal rpers. Should've clarified in the second comment MB.

I don't see how they would have any realistic interaction if the Norteno's are in the Paleto area or Sandy Shores, there would be no realistic reason for them to go all the way to LS just to go kill someone they don't know and have 0 interaction with and would break multiple server rules. 

40 minutes ago, Midwest said:

No, not really, but the PK issue is a problem that is very equally impactful on everyone in custody settings. No one really wars like that anymore; white gangs of any sort don't tend to beef other groups like that either, some (primarily skins) might attack someone who's of a minority grouping but they're not just going to war with gangs of another racial or ethnic makeup. My above comment is more hyper specific to custody, which, right now is a jail, and per continuity and a bunch of other factors would *not be viable for a norteno*. The same is not true for a prison but that's not out yet, I think it'd be fine as prison characters.

Fair points for the jail. I don’t have any experience there, and I understand how it might be problematic for the jail specifically. 

In your jail experience, is the issue that La Eme would be forced to attack nortenos on an IC basis? And if a Norteno gang was allowed on the outside, could members that entered the prison system be accepted under “the other car?”

• Wuhtah locked this topic