Give us actual packages/envelopes as a mailman

Wasloos

Detailed Description

At the moment we don't have to load up our van/vehicle when we wanna deliver packages or mail, we just go there, click a button and we sort of have a heavy package within us. Why? Just reuse the trucking script and let us load up the vehicle with the packages.

Relevant Commands/Items

Maybe reuse /loadcrate - /unloadcrate ?

How will it benefit the server?

It would improve the mailman RP significantly, by having people actually load and unload the vans they drive, giving them a physical animation as they do so. It would also go hand in hand with my other suggestion 

Edited by Wasloos
  • Upvote 1
  • Developer
33 minutes ago, Junx said:

It's like this so you can't steal what's in the packages afaik

Correct.

1 minute ago, TotalDeeJay said:

You can't steal the trucking items?

You technically can because you buy the crates and put them in your vehicle and take them to the drop off. If you get robbed during your run people could technically take your crates.

We wont add actual items but I can see if I can make it so you need to take a crate/package before delivering

37 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Correct.

You technically can because you buy the crates and put them in your vehicle and take them to the drop off. If you get robbed during your run people could technically take your crates.

We wont add actual items but I can see if I can make it so you need to take a crate/package before delivering

Never realised that. Although I was also never robbed too

• Developer

Yeah and since its an uncontrolled job (meaning no faction/business/PM overseeing it) we cannot risk new players with bad intentions messing up peoples parcels.

But I do like the idea that you are required to take and place boxes visually and with commands (/buttons) to make it less of a grinding job.