Whats with the admin response time?

Zach..

Last month I've been playing I've seen 15+ admins off duty. I submit a report and I wait over like an hour, sometimes I don't even get a response. This isn't a one off experience, or just me either. This happens constantly. This is just making a lot of peoples experience miserable.

What's changed?

• Upvote 10

Honestly, the whole ''If the admin is in the reporting party's faction, they can't take the report'' is hella dumb. Sometimes you need a simple thing done, for example getting a door unlocked of an apartment complex so you can breach it. You end up waiting 45+ minutes for a ten second task. Surely an admin in the same faction could be trusted to handle that? 

UCP and forums are my home now. I'm also very busy IRL - so that's the only admin work I can do is via UCP (property requests) and whatever forum work I can touch up on. That's coming from me though, not speaking for the entire administrative team. 

One day I'll invest in a laptop that can run GTA.

4 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

UCP and forums are my home now. I'm also very busy IRL - so that's the only admin work I can do is via UCP (property requests) and whatever forum work I can touch up on. That's coming from me though, not speaking for the entire administrative team. 

One day I'll invest in a laptop that can run GTA.

I totally get that and I totally get if there's not admins on. My main gripe is sitting there with 15+ or 20+ admins off duty and a group of players is stuck sitting there with nothing to do.

4 minutes ago, HappyGecko said:

Honestly, the whole ''If the admin is in the reporting party's faction, they can't take the report'' is hella dumb. Sometimes you need a simple thing done, for example getting a door unlocked of an apartment complex so you can breach it. You end up waiting 45+ minutes for a ten second task. Surely an admin in the same faction could be trusted to handle that? 

I half agree, and don't agree at the same time. 

There has to be a clear black and white line for both illegal and legal admins as sometimes it can be seen as favoritism and such. But I agree that admins should be able to handle small tasks if they are from a faction and no other admin is able to do so.

1 minute ago, Zach.. said:

I totally get that and I totally get if there's not admins on. My main gripe is sitting there with 15+ or 20+ admins off duty and a group of players is stuck sitting there with nothing to do.

I got a feeling most of them are unfortunately not in the same timezone's as myself and probably you too, so if you do see that many on they're probably in their "off" time and just enjoying the video game too. But I also agree to the point of why become an admin if you hate it or find yourself constantly ignoring reports?

In the administrator handbook, if there are reports pending, it literally says that we need to stop RP and put that first. So, if you see this happening, please send the Staff Management team a forum PM stating the date/time when this occurred or when your report sat for more than +20 mins. 

That's what I recommend anyways.

• Upvote 2

I've been on Search Warrants where we waited 60+ minutes for a simple door breach. Either the admin response time needs fixing or players should be able to breach and loot a property without admin supervision. 10 people waiting a whole hour is ridiculous.

Also if all you're doing is opening a door and telling people where the guns are, it really shouldn't matter what faction you're in. It's not as if there's any bias at play.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 minute ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I've been on Search Warrants where we waited 60+ minutes for a simple door breach. Either the admin response time needs fixing or players should be able to breach and loot a property without admin supervision. 10 people waiting a whole hour is ridiculous.

Also if all you're doing is opening a door and telling people where the guns are, it really shouldn't matter what faction you're in. It's not as if there's any bias at play.

Honestly, this takes a lot of time. It usually lasts between 1-3 hours and I personally don't have that much time to give. However, if you guys can reach out to me, we can schedule a time where I can assist in these types of warrants whether it's SD/PD - but you'll need to be willing to work around my schedule. 

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Honestly, this takes a lot of time. It usually lasts between 1-3 hours and I personally don't have that much time to give. However, if you guys can reach out to me, we can schedule a time where I can assist in these types of warrants whether it's SD/PD - but you'll need to be willing to work around my schedule. 

Thing with that is, the admin doesn't actually need to sit there for the whole warrant, which, planning, execution, containment, clearing etc can take 3 hours.

You (or any admin) don't have to be there for all of that though! The admin really only needs to turn up to 1. Unlock apartment doors (because for some inexplicable reason we can /pbreakin every interior except multi interior apartments) and then watch the RP for the dog sweep/manual sweep, and then bail. That bit's only uh, 20 minutes, tops, even for a big house. Rarely does it take longer than that for the actual search segment, even less, if it's a tiny apartment. 

I mainly bring this up because it is a repeat, serious concern many have when it comes to doing search warrants. It's a lot of manpower and time put into them and then you end up not being able to execute despite having 10-20 players sitting, waiting and ready, for an hour +.  Honestly, something does need to be done about that, because it's becoming very problematic. 

Edited by Sam2
25 minutes ago, Sam2 said:

Thing with that is, the admin doesn't actually need to sit there for the whole warrant, which, planning, execution, containment, clearing etc can take 3 hours.

You (or any admin) don't have to be there for all of that though! The admin really only needs to turn up to 1. Unlock apartment doors (because for some inexplicable reason we can /pbreakin every interior except multi interior apartments) and then watch the RP for the dog sweep/manual sweep, and then bail. That bit's only uh, 20 minutes, tops, even for a big house. Rarely does it take longer than that for the actual search segment, even less, if it's a tiny apartment. 

I mainly bring this up because it is a repeat, serious concern many have when it comes to doing search warrants. It's a lot of manpower and time put into them and then you end up not being able to execute despite having 10-20 players sitting, waiting and ready, for an hour +.  Honestly, something does need to be done about that, because it's becoming very problematic. 

The search warrants I have done have always been at least an hour. I truly don't like that you guys DO have to wait for this - so I am giving you an option to schedule it with me to at least help in that regard.

• Wuhtah locked this topic