No more PK wars - Wars should be serious/last resort

KFN

I think people forget that it's not just legal people caught in the crossfire but you got law enforcement and ems who gotta respond to all of this happening each and every single time. 

It would help them to be able to have time to respond to things more accordingly 

4 minutes ago, Murat said:

hell no, pk wars actually create more rp than ck cause people know that they won't lose their characters, that graph is funny ngl 

Openly stating you don't RP fear properly because you know there are zero repurcussions is kind of the problem. 

As a note; Illegal FM is currently reviewing the Rules of Engagement in order to appropriately match the changes that are being planned by Management in terms of the deathmatch rules in general.

That being said, looking at this thread it is quite clear to see what side of the wall people sit on, very few actually taking an objective standpoint and sitting in the middle. It will always be a standard on any roleplay server, people will draw the line where it suits them. "Realism is required", until it inconveniences them. There are many shootouts that random unaffiliated groups are responsible for, and our illegal factions get blamed as a general "illegal roleplayers", "gang roleplayers" umbrella. Likewise, the same can be said for some unfavorable LEO roleplayers, the entire scene gets blamed and extends, strengthens and creates that divide. I have been on both sides through my 4 year tenure here.

As humorous as the Tarkov reference is and makeshift graph is, it provides nothing but a lack of evidential substance. During CK wars, the majority of players did not leave their homes or apartments, there was mass recruiting in order to save their skin, the biggest shootouts have come from CK wars. Is that truly a "higher standard"? It's borderline domestic terrorism with how much carnage they cause for the sake of saving their characters. The toxicity within CK wars reaches an all time high. They have since been banned by Nervous for the foreseeable future and I can't say I don't understand why.

To wrap it up, I do think there is a lack of fragmentation roleplayed across the board after PK wars. It continues as business as usual. There has been very few factions/groups that roleplay the development that a war brings - the unfortunate truth is the majority of players here cannot keep it solely in-character. This is the real issue. It is not PK wars themselves, it's the lack of responsibility of fragmentation. Why roleplay a loss when they don't have to?

I will not be locking this thread, it's important for people to voice their opinions. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, honey. said:

As a note; Illegal FM is currently reviewing the Rules of Engagement in order to appropriately match the changes that are being planned by Management in terms of the deathmatch rules in general.

That being said, looking at this thread it is quite clear to see what side of the wall people sit on, very few actually taking an objective standpoint and sitting in the middle. It will always be a standard on any roleplay server, people will draw the line where it suits them. "Realism is required", until it inconveniences them. There are many shootouts that random unaffiliated groups are responsible for, and our illegal factions get blamed as a general "illegal roleplayers", "gang roleplayers" umbrella. Likewise, the same can be said for some unfavorable LEO roleplayers, the entire scene gets blamed and extends, strengthens and creates that divide. I have been on both sides through my 4 year tenure here.

As humorous as the Tarkov reference is and makeshift graph is, it provides nothing but a lack of evidential substance. During CK wars, the majority of players did not leave their homes or apartments, there was mass recruiting in order to save their skin, the biggest shootouts have come from CK wars. Is that truly a "higher standard"? It's borderline domestic terrorism with how much carnage they cause for the sake of saving their characters. The toxicity within CK wars reaches an all time high. They have since been banned by Nervous for the foreseeable future and I can't say I don't understand why.

To wrap it up, I do think there is a lack of fragmentation roleplayed across the board after PK wars. It continues as business as usual. There has been very few factions/groups that roleplay the development that a war brings - the unfortunate truth is the majority of players here cannot keep it solely in-character. This is the real issue. It is not PK wars themselves, it's the lack of responsibility of fragmentation. Why roleplay a loss when they don't have to?

I will not be locking this thread, it's important for people to voice their opinions. 

🗣️‼️

#HoneySupremecy

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Perstephone said:

Openly stating you don't RP fear properly because you know there are zero repurcussions is kind of the problem. 

i'm just openly stating that i will go ic no matter if there's a war or no war... cus it don't matter and that it's all about fun at the end of the day 

Edited by Murat
37 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Not directed to you, gang, just a majority of folks.

I understand my friend, I just thought my stance was important because of I posted this shit in the 1st place.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, honey. said:

it's important for people to voice their opinions. 

Hello friend,

I was actually expecting this very outcome of the suggestion the main reason I posted it was so that I could hopefully come up with a suggestion that actually revamp the rules surrounding PK wars so that they have clearer goals/terms to them etc - hopefully avoiding ooc toxicity by doing so. What are your personal thoughts on a second suggestion that works on reforming PK wars with some of the suggestions I've been given here/elsewhere on discord. Of course that thread will also open up opportunity for people to then discuss the matter of the reforms themselves and to propose potentially better ideas than my own or other alternatives.

26 minutes ago, honey. said:

As humorous as the Tarkov reference is and makeshift graph is

Thanks I did it myself.

1 hour ago, honey. said:

This is genuinely a sortive enraging response by a member of staff, and a member of staff with so much effing power when it comes to faction management. I'm just gonna try to unwrap it.

Oh god oh dear people have opinions. I'll highlight the part where this is just wrong, if this were simply unqualified unmarked groups of rando's doing random death-matching, I could report it, save everyone some time. However, its not.

Literal warzone created by officials faction, off the type of my head I can see Vagos, a non-street gang, and an official faction blowing the brains out of op's faces in the middle of Vinewood boulevard. Which for reference, I dont' give a shit about realism, but c'mon, is that really a credible battlefield for this mass PK war? Is this really how we want the server to work? Having shootouts in supposed centers of traffic, culture, and the map in general? If yes fine, but these are official factions, not randoms fucking around.

There is a similar level of carnage from PK wars, drivebys turn into block wipes, cars ram into eachother, and while I have less evidence, there's still a large amount of AR use in regular PK wars then CK wars. At the very least with CK wars, there's a risk, a easier way to tally a score, they go by quickly, and I don't have to watch a god damn Technical armed to the teeth with masked men chase another technical armed to the teeth with mask men play derby cars down Palomino avenue, only to see it happen again, and again, and again, and again.

I also would love to get into the street gang scene. But it is so plaqued by mass scale violence, that everytime I've gone into the scene, I've literally been shot at more than I've ever typed. Why run a block party if you know for a fact someones gonna take a glock and go on a shooting spree because he found an op from another faction that his gang is in a "PK" war with. Shit there's no reason for fist-fights or drivebys, just arm your child soldiers, storm their block, and wipe out six of your enemy factions members for the night to the point they all just log out because why fucking bother?

There is not an issue with realism, if anyone gave a shit, these mass gunfights are not realistic, they're fun. In very, very, very low amounts. If they happen every day, its not fun, its a chore. Its a chore everyone has to deal with. If PK wars were infrequent and every illegal scene wasn't plagued by mindless, pretty much senseless violence committed by DM quality characters, I think the gang, and illegal scene as whole would be so much healthier. Right now I'm just seeing warzone level carnage on the daily. If that's the standard, fine, I'll hold my tongue, but its definitely an argument for more CK's, even if they're problematic.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Upvote 9