[FIX] No more textures loss on very high textures. (updated 21/12)

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2023 at 6:24 PM, colorlessrainbow said:

4gb VRAM won't be enough to run RageMP without texture loss. My game uses somewhere around ~5gb (out of 12). Installing VGR, LA Roads and anything similar like NVE Roads or VDE will just add onto that, so you're better off playing without them, and even having your texture quality down to normal/high.

so let me get this straight. RAGEMP asks more of your GPU than GTA 6 probably will? bruh...

thing is turning your texture down to high or normal will make it 10x worse.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/9/2023 at 10:28 PM, Ronnie two poles said:

-snip-

what graphic setting causes buildings to disapear like that? i also have sometimes blurry textures, when i press "C" to look back buildings disapear textures fade from hq to low

That would be your texture quality. Setting that down to normal should, in theory, help remedy this. Though it's also bound to what GPU you're using. I've found (also partially out of experience) that older graphics cards, namely GTX 10-series, struggle with loading RAGE in certain populated areas (e.g areas with high amounts of (cop) cars, players, etc.) As it stands the only way to fix this would be to lower your settings down, primarily your texture quality, but distance scaling could also help, and see if it remedies it. Uninstalling your mods should also remedy this.

Edited by Vindicator
On 9/9/2023 at 9:28 PM, Ronnie two poles said:

Would this be classified as texture loss?

81d0436db673f3bf522f69f19e6cbd04.jpg

5cc1cb8e21ecb904591493e4a8b7199b.jpg

what graphic setting causes buildings to disapear like that? i also have sometimes blurry textures, when i press "C" to look back buildings disapear textures fade from hq to low

Yes.  That's texture loss > reducing your texture quality proved to be a temporary solution to this problem. A permanent fix would be a CPU - GPU upgrade with more V-RAM.

On 11/2/2023 at 10:57 PM, Vindicator said:

That would be your texture quality. Setting that down to normal should, in theory, help remedy this. Though it's also bound to what GPU you're using. I've found (also partially out of experience) that older graphics cards, namely GTX 10-series, struggle with loading RAGE in certain populated areas (e.g areas with high amounts of (cop) cars, players, etc.) As it stands the only way to fix this would be to lower your settings down, primarily your texture quality, but distance scaling could also help, and see if it remedies it. Uninstalling your mods should also remedy this.

On 11/3/2023 at 6:49 AM, Toxic-san said:

Yes.  That's texture loss > reducing your texture quality proved to be a temporary solution to this problem. A permanent fix would be a CPU - GPU upgrade with more V-RAM.

I do not have any mods and I have a 2060. This only happens during peak time, heavily populated areas, a lot of cars, etc. 

Just now, Ronnie two poles said:

I do not have any mods and I have a 2060. This only happens during peak time, heavily populated areas, a lot of cars, etc. 

Yeah, ragemp consumes a lot of memory data. It's weird, but it is what it is. Your best fix if you don't wanna upgrade the setup is just lower your texture quality to normal.

• Upvote 1