Improvements to the trucking job.

+1 To be honest the whole trucking script need to be enhanced and tweaked a bit to give more realism to the trucking job. And also the idea about making the deliveries to non-owned business did solve the problem temporarily, but still the orders are too little and I see that if the problem is that the owned-payer business suffering at least give alternative like giving some AI orders just to give the trucker some roleplay, like it not a must for the trucker to interact with the owner of the business, but if you can run these three non-owned player business, and owned player business, and giving some AI orders just to give the truckers some roleplay they can do. All we are asking for is just to enhance and tweak the trucking job a bit. 

Edited by Woozyarth

Bump. Still needs a serious overlook.  Whether it’s this suggestion or something else. 

As far as I know, one of the issues is that when the amount of components in a crate were doubled from 50 to 100, the usage rate of a business using components stayed the same. This doubles the supply coming in, but does not change the supply going out (a business using components). This will always create a surplus at the rate businesses are using components at this point in time.

Let's take a mechanic garage for an example. Hypothetically, let's say a garage uses 500 components for an engine modification. In the old system, only 50 components were in each crate. This means it would take 10 crates to replenish those 500 components. Under the new system that engine modification is still 500 components, but now there's 100 components in each crate. This means it only takes 5 crates to replenish those 500 components. Naturally this is going to result in businesses needing less crates for the same amount of components used. Supply is greater than the demand. This eventually came to a head with businesses no longer needing crates as often as they did before. Now we are at a place where we barely get orders here and there and trucking is once again dying.

Edited by Brofessor

Okay this is what I have noticed recently. I have noticed many new truckers are having a grind mentality new all of this is caused due to the dought. There were times I have seen some trucker drives like a crazy person. I barely see any /me or any rp conducted. It is getting to the point they just get down and starts to load or unload the goods. Because of the rush most of the orders are completed. I was only able to do 2 deliveries before the orders ran out. Many times I have witness truckers returning to HQ becomes there are no jobs.  This overcorrection led to many problems to the point there is no reason for a person to truck. I previous can do around 7 to 10 deliveres per shift and fill some of the businesses when required. Now there is nothing to do. 

The solution is simple allow AI businesses like clothing shops to use conponents like how it was a year or so ago. Correct the over corrected components required for the delivery, Encourage more payments based on longer routes so more truckers will be encourage to under take them more often, Allow players to be creative when it comes leasing more businesses, this will bring more life into the economy as I rarely see new shops or concepts implemented. The whole problem I see is a mixture with the economy and over supply of truckers due to increase of coponents in a crate and the high wages. We need more businesses within the economy to correct the issue at hand. 

I dont agree with the proposal of Maximu in regards to increasing the crate weight, this would have been useful at the time when there were businesses requesting more crates, which was like 6 or 8 months ago. Now the entire balance is one sided. But I agree with the second proposal and fouth one as well.

5 hours ago, Jam888 said:

Okay this is what I have noticed recently. I have noticed many new truckers are having a grind mentality new all of this is caused due to the dought. There were times I have seen some trucker drives like a crazy person. I barely see any /me or any rp conducted. It is getting to the point they just get down and starts to load or unload the goods. Because of the rush most of the orders are completed. I was only able to do 2 deliveries before the orders ran out. Many times I have witness truckers returning to HQ becomes there are no jobs.  This overcorrection led to many problems to the point there is no reason for a person to truck. I previous can do around 7 to 10 deliveres per shift and fill some of the businesses when required. Now there is nothing to do. 

The solution is simple allow AI businesses like clothing shops to use conponents like how it was a year or so ago.

Non-player owned business are already turned back on to request components as they are used. It hasn’t helped at all. I love the effort to make a change quickly, but it’s not working. 

The problem is two-fold.

1) They increased trucker crate prices to where the minimum profit per crate now is $150 instead of $100. The old system was a $150 crate price and a $250 base sale price. That’s $100 profit. Now the crate price is $350 and the base sale price is $500. That’s $150 profit. So trucker profit has increased. This created a rush to become a trucker because people love money (it is what it is). Now we have A LOT of truckers. 

2) The second point became a huge issue over time, which has now come to a massive head. Each crate used to have 50 components. Now each crate has 100 components. Cool, that’s fine. The problem is the rate at which businesses USE components stayed the same. We restock businesses faster than they can use their stock. Supply was effectively doubled, demand was not. Eventually businesses simply won’t use all the components we as truckers provide. The math just doesn’t add up. Supply > Demand. 

How to fix it? That’s what we’re here to brainstorm. 

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1

I think the issue here is that the garage uses twice as many components as that of other stores. For Example, I did an experiment with the store since I manage one. I noticed that the components used in them are comparatively lower than that of garages. The overcorrections done in December caused most of the issues. Without over-correction, during this time we will have a slight drought but not the level seen here. 

I have seen from my co-worker's observations and screenshots that there are no orders to only two orders for an entire day. I think we should post the screenshots showcasing the issue at hand. Because It is getting ridiculous seeing this issue at hand. An Entire day with no proper orders should give all players and even the admins concern. 

Solution for now. 

1.) Increase the usage of components in the goods stores like grocery stores and other general goods. But that wouldn't be popular and may even lead to losses for businesses. So I doubt it would but just using this opportunity to brainstorm. 

2.) Only keep the current settings for vehicle components as they are the ones that have these issues regarding consumption. I would say this is an ideal solution as garages will be filled while we still have stores to re-supply. 

3.) Refix the entire system- Reduce the payouts, enforce stricter rules in driving or limit new drivers. Honestly recently while doing deliveries I nearly got hit by another trucker more than three times in a single shift, because the problem at hand has created a rush mentality, and honestly, I can't blame them because orders run out after just a single a second it happened to me while I was doing a ride-along. 

The entire system has to get fixed, there's really no way around it at this point. These minor bandaid fixes either work for a short time or don't work at all. While the effort is appreciated, it's not fixing the problem. We shouldn't have to rely on NPC businesses for truckers to deliver crates. The entire point of the system was so that player-owned businesses would be delivered to and RP'd with on some scale. Delivering to NPC businesses is basically the same thing as mining back in 2019/2020. Zero interaction, nothing but a time waster. This isn't rewarding at all in terms of game play / role play experience. It's sad to see that it seems nothing is going to change either. Hell, we already lost a long-time trucking company that's been around for years because of the issues. I'm sure more are to follow at the rate its going.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...