ATM-Refills & Cash Transport

Rekhoem

It's a tossup. IFM would need to heavily moderate this, and given the fact that plenty of people already complain about breakin requests, I'm not quite sure as to how this can be reasonably done. if IFM could respond and handle to robbery/ATM breakin requests in a timely manner, I'm all for it.

9 hours ago, lostlk said:

It's a tossup. IFM would need to heavily moderate this, and given the fact that plenty of people already complain about breakin requests, I'm not quite sure as to how this can be reasonably done. if IFM could respond and handle to robbery/ATM breakin requests in a timely manner, I'm all for it.

Yeah, clearly there needs to be moderation and rules. Due to how challenging and dangerous such an action actually is, however, and due to how much planning and resources go into such an attack, I'd suggest to implement a limit to them too. Like, each illegal faction would be able to attempt a CIT robbery only once a month or every two months top keep it down.

Limiting the ABILY TO PERFORM A ROBBERY to factions can be discriminating to well-organized private groups or individuals who want to roll a cash truck or attempt a robbery 'on a whim', which sadly happens in real life more then planned ones.

I'm involved with CIT very closely and want nothing more but for our line of work to expand and enhance the community with new RP scenarios, but limiting to factions only may cause problems.

I'd personally opt for something like the breakin request system.. But then the person(s) doing the robbery need to show proof of:

- creating a game plan for a heist.

- logistical prep for said heist.

- IC motivation (how did you learn of the transport and its details/contents, how is the robbery meant to go down, is it realistic, ...)

These three factors will be very challenging for staff to verify on-the-fly.

It'd be best if all persons involved in the robbery are forced to prepare and present a full plan to show to the handling admin, so said person doesn't need to dig for 20 minutes before approving it.

The cash refilling of ATMs should be EXCLUDED from the 'approval requirement' as it's often a crime of opportunity in the moment.. It should also allow players to use explosives or other means (tons of RP options) to steal from / dismantle an ATM machine.

We don't per se need the guards to get shot up - once the cash is dropped, rob the machine, not the people. Though both are great fun and very welcome, even if only to spice things up.

Just some food for thought. Love.

Edited by Paranoid Cobra
Spelling, grammar, clarification.
  • Upvote 2

I'm all for it, with admin supervision and certain rules put in place.
It could/should go through IFM, similar to a heist.

2 — Heists

Players planning to conduct a large scale business robbery (otherwise known as a heist) must obtain permission from Illegal Faction Management. These requests are not for a quick and easy gas station stickup but instead intended for elaborately planed and sophisticated robberies. Do not expect to have a request accepted with minimal effort, planning, or if the participants have recently poor admin records. These are very high risk, high reward scenarios.

Ground Rules:

• Death to police during these may result in a Character Kill for any participants.
  • Participants may not be involved with the business on any other characters.
  • If the business belongs to another faction, participants may not be involved with that faction on any other characters.
  • Items will not typically be spawned, what is present within the business is what will be available for the taking, unless the property contains a custom item script.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Perstephone said:

Does nobody remember when trucking got nerfed and no shops had components? 

Good in theory but with the player base about to drop drastically I question whether people are going to be left unable to use multiple ATMs

banks will always be there as a backup