Revision of Robbery Rules.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Where does it say it wants you to plan every single robbery as if they were a professional heist crew?

If you read through the reports, the admins are basically making it seem that way. 

I've seen so many reports where the reporting party tries to use the "I had cameras, why did you do the crime without a mask when I had cameras?" as a basis for why someone's robbery was poorly RP'ed. And 90% of the time, the Admin sides with them and punishes the player for roleplaying their character being too dumb to look for cameras or worry about witnesses. 

Just now, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

If you read through the reports, the admins are basically making it seem that way. 

I've seen so many reports where the reporting party tries to use the "I had cameras, why did you do the crime without a mask when I had cameras?" as a basis for why someone's robbery was poorly RP'ed. And 90% of the time, the Admin sides with them and punishes the player for roleplaying their character being too dumb to look for cameras or worry about witnesses. 

I don't read through reports, I don't think you should either. There are far more complex variables than not looking for cameras or checking for witnesses.

3 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Why wouldn’t I? It supports my argument, on how admins and the server is pushing only doing robberies the professional way.

Because reports don't support any argument. You can spin them any way you want, they can support any argument depending on how you look at them. Not being worried about witnesses has nothing to do with professionalism either, that's just plain stupid. 

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Because reports don't support any argument. You can spin them any way you want, they can support any argument depending on how you look at them. Not being worried about witnesses has nothing to do with professionalism either, that's just plain stupid. 

I’m not spinning it at all, they not supporting any argument. Just supports this one I’m explaining, as it just that. Admins side with it 90% of the time, when reporting parties being up those type of arguments. Basically proving they expect people to do robberies, perfectly like a professional. If you don’t believe me look at the reports, I’m not spinning nothing, just saying it as it is. I don’t see how I could switch that up in any way, especially my own favor.

7 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

it was basically the whole community doing that was abusing the house script

There's actually a bit more to it than this, and I was surprised with what I found when looking into it. The housing situation is surprisingly not as bad as people think. That said, housing is similarly regulated with conditions expected to own certain properties with certain characters. There are very much rules to follow to participate in a large chunk of the housing market, just like how there are rules to participate in robbery.

Essentially, yes, even housing is being gatekept per your definition.

7 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

you can say the whole community is deathmatching on a regular

This typically has more evidence tied to it in the forms of logs that can't be fabricated. There's no consent to having your kill listed on the logs, they just are. This makes it vastly easier to track compared to robbery, where there has to be voluntary input to end up in the logs with your name attached to them.

2 minutes ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

Why wouldn’t I? It supports my argument, on how admins and the server is pushing only doing robberies the professional way.

The issues with being dumb are two-fold,

- Allowing dumb crime with the currently wild restrictions on investigative resources means we would once again be escalating beyond the yearly murder rates of the entirety of Colombia within days. How do I know this? Because we've done the numbers before, with an average of five to ten people CKed by gun violence every day (at the time). People don't have self control, and the police are operating with their hands tied behind their backs. 

- "Being dumb" is too often applied selectively. A criminal will be dumb and commit a dumb shooting, by nailing five headshots at eighty meters plus with an SNS pistol, and then change clothes stored in the drunk of a getaway car parked half a block away with fresh plates and an alibi about how he was just there for a sludgie at the LTD gas station. 

Oh, a d he'll have been using gloves, and shaved beforehand to ensure no hair is left behind, while wearing a mask...

You've got a big hill to climb in establishing confidence that "being dumb" won't be abused as an excuse to prioritize personal jollies over long term community stability.

1 minute ago, SLIME ALLEGIANCE said:

I’m not spinning it at all, they not supporting any argument. Just supports this one I’m explaining, as it just that. Admins side with it 90% of the time, when reporting parties being up those type of arguments. Basically proving they expect people to do robberies, perfectly like a professional. If you don’t believe me look at the reports, I’m not spinning nothing, just saying it as it is. I don’t see how I could switch that up in any way, especially my own favor.

Like I said earlier there's a difference between roleplaying a stupid (young) criminal and being a player that just doesn't give a fuck. Being a stupid criminal doesn't mean you get lazy with your robberies, it doesn't mean you get to ignore stuff or start using the game's meta to spin your robberies. You can roleplay a stupid criminal, but that's just it. You have to roleplay being stupid. Arguably, being a stupid criminal and successfully pulling off that portrayal actually takes more effort. And people can see that effort, it's rewarded and appreciated. The lazy smash and grab stitch jobs that end with "my car 13 ayyylmao" however are not. That's the distinction, it's about the player and the way they roleplay. Ergo; the intention of the rule. 

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

The rules are there, cause nobody wants to be robbed 24/7. Victims rarely have fun when being robbed and this is a game, where everyone is entitled to have fun, not just robbers. 

I think what makes it worse is that it's absolutely possible to have fun as a robbery victim! I've offered suggestions and ideas to improve the experience for both sides, and the response was almost always...

"Robberies aren't supposed to be fun for the victim. Shut up and comply."

If you're allowed to be "dumb", everyone would simply use that excuse to justify lazy, poorly planned or bullshit robberies/crime as that was the main issue in the past. There's a reason expectations are higher. If you can't take 5-10 minutes to scope out a better location for your mugging instead of driving up in the middle of a crowded street to do it, that's not my problem. If you can't exercise a sliver of judgment on when you should perform a hit to where you have a lower chance of getting caught, that's not my problem. That's a you problem. Server standards shouldn't be in the dumpster just because "it happens in real life" and you want an easier or less difficult way of doing things. Expectations & standards should be higher. Simple as that.

Edited by Brofessor
  • Upvote 3
  • imi locked this topic